Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 30, 2009 -> 08:25 AM) He made about 2.1M this past year IIRC. In arbitration I doubt that goes up past 3M considering it wasnt a great year. The Marlins OF is crowded but that is still a manageable price tag for them to keep him. They may want to trade him b/c of his salary but they won't give him away b/c of it. And even at 4M the tools that guy has he could easily become a bargain. Ok well that's just a gross exaggeration. 4M might turn into a bargain or it might turn into 4M that could have went towards the Sox fixing the pen or something along those lines that I consider much more important. Hermida is a non-tender candidate and to suggest trading Danks (a guy with tons of tools himself who hasn't yet flopped at the major league level) for a guy who has flopped so to speak at the major league level and makes a few mill more would be foolish. Josh Fields is in a similar spot to Hermida and my offer wouldn't go much higher than Josh Fields (ie, I'd add a pitcher with the ability to play in the majors, but none that I thought that had the ability to be an above average piece). So Torres would be fine, even though I think he'll have some value for the Sox potentially as a long-reliever.
  2. If the market turns slow for Dye I could see the clubs finding a way to bring him back at a reduced rate to play as our primary DH with maybe 20% of the games in the field.
  3. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 10:19 AM) Except this isnt a salary dump so they'll actually need to get quality in return. If he makes 4 mill a year it is a bit of a salary dump. Yes he has potential, but he has failed to live up to it thus far, just like Fields has. I certainly wouldn't trade Danks for Hermida.
  4. 43 wins. One playoff round win.
  5. QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 09:21 AM) "Friday Night Lights' continues to be solid. So realistic and soooooo good. I kinda miss my girl Tyra though. I wanna kick Mr. McCoy's ass. I honestly think they have more to work with now for good TV than they ever had before too with Coach Taylor having to resurrect his career.
  6. I'm getting excited. Just set the game to record mode on the DVR. Gonna play some basketball and than come home and watch da Bulls.
  7. What a f***ing episode....off to my softball game. This season is going to be awesome. Really is the best show no one is watching.
  8. Shaun King got the ax from ESPN. http://deadspin.com/5391933/football+talki...pany-in-bristol
  9. Yep, got it set to DVR. Got my championship softball game tonight.
  10. Oh, that was a really good article I thought. Some interesting info in regards to him having met with Beckham and the plans to fly out and meet with Quentin and Rios. Sounds like he's going to meet with Rios twice.
  11. There was a very interesting quote that stuck out to me: Sounds to me like something was going on and my guess is it has to do with certain guys not listening him, not putting in the extra work, etc. I wonder who those guys are and whether I'm reading too much into this or not.
  12. QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 11:05 PM) Amazing how top running backs just drop off from the face of the earth. Terrell Davis Shaun Alexander Priest Holmes Larry Johnson LaDanian Tomlinson Holmes and Davis both had injury issues which caused there career to end and both were relatively old too.
  13. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 07:24 PM) He started dropping down when his fastball lost 5 mph to get movement to compensate for the lack of velocity. When he first started dropping down he had the same velocity he's always had. Than he had his bought with sciatica or however you spell it and after that his velocity started to drop. It didn't have anything to do with his trying to gain movement. He just wanted to show people another arm angle on his fastball, the problem was he didn't have any other pitch in his arsenal from that arm angle and because of it hitters knew what was coming (a straight fastball).
  14. Good grief...enough bickering...Charlie Brown is closing this thread.
  15. QUOTE (SockMe @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 04:07 PM) Random Question: Who is Better Iowa or TCU? TCU has impressed the hell out of me. They haven't played the schedule Iowa has though and I'm a homer so I'll give them the nod, but I won't lie, TCU looks real good and that romping of BYU was impressive.
  16. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 03:12 PM) I thought Rex was Michigan fan, he's a bama fan? I believe Michigan is his #1 team but I'm sure he follows Bama a lot since he lives there.
  17. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 03:13 PM) Ha, I never put 2 and 2 together, Nix is alot like Uribe. Exept that Uribe played plus plus defense at the premiere infield position from a defensive perspective and was also a stud at 3B and could play 2B too. Nix couldn't dream of being the defensive player Uribe was. And even with all that said, Uribe wasn't very good with the exception of 2 years in Chicago (as a pure starter), although his defense was very valuable. Uribe did have a damn good year (Uribe wise) this season in San Fran though IIRC.
  18. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 11:50 AM) How about that record setting Jose Contreras contract? I think the White Sox aren't complaining about it. Technically speaking that contract as well as the one the Sox gave Jose were complete busts. And I'd be hard pressed to see anyone put together any evidence to dispute that. Contreras had one above average 20-25 game stretch in his career and outside of that he was either a league average pitcher to a below average pitcher (depending on the season).
  19. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 01:30 PM) He was consistently terrible. You're also going to have a hard time finding people who agree with your evaluation of his defense, aside from his canon arm he's an incredibly mediocre defender. He's also a Boras client, an HGH user and a mental midget. You are probably right, but I'd think for a corner OF'er he'd be pretty good defensively. Good speed, great arm, etc. He has nice power, the HGH thing is something I had forgotten about and obviously he was awful last year. Still, he's got a nice skill-set and depending on what the Sox do I could see them going that route. I wouldn't guarantee greatness though, but he's got the ability to be a solid back of the order power bat for cheap.
  20. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 01:08 PM) I'd be on board for Rick Ankiel. He's a plus defensive outfielder and I think he has a lot of nice offensive tools, even though this past year was a down defensive season compared to his season of two years ago. Plus he'd provide some nice pop from the left side of the plate. It would clearly be a risk though since he really did stink it up last season.
  21. I'd be on board for Rick Ankiel. He's a plus defensive outfielder and I think he has a lot of nice offensive tools, even though this past year was a down defensive season compared to his season of two years ago. Plus he'd provide some nice pop from the left side of the plate.
  22. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 11:51 AM) What made Hampton a stud again? You keep saying he was their stud RB, but I wasnt positive where that came from. He didnt do all that much last year because Greene was the man, and he wasnt highly recruited either. I am just wondering, not baiting. He looked really, really good in flashes last season and all of the experts were talking about Iowa not skipping much of a beat with him being the starter this year. I was surprised by it since he was a mere 3 star recruit, but he's very explosive and seemed to be one of those guys that people thought wasn't going to be able to dominate at the next level but was still solid. I think almost every big 10 pre-season prediction I read, was raving about Jewel.
  23. Morel is the type of player the Sox need, so I don't think they trade him. Plus I don't think he's got a ton of value on the trade-market yet so I think he's more valuable to keep in as opposed to move.
  24. Its official. Iowa lost its co-starting RB, Adam Robinson (True Freshman) for the season. That leaves them with Wegher (True Freshman and the other Co-Starter), Paki (not that good), and Rogers (True-Fresh that was being redshirted). I have to believe they are going to be forced to pull the red-shirt on Rogers and hope they can get to the Ohio State game un-beaten and hope that Wegher stays healthy and that Rogers can prove to be solid as well. This is a huge huge loss for the Hawkeyes who already suffered a massive loss at the start of the season when there stud Hampton was lost for the year.
  25. QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 09:25 AM) I don't get how you can say the Philly offense is nowhere near as potent and their secondary starters are better. The Phillies' lineup is really tough top to bottom between Rollins/Victorino/Utley/Howard/Ibanez/Werth, and with Ruiz hitting well, that gives them a top 7 that compares pretty closely to the Yankees' Jeter/Damon/Teix/Arod/Cano/Posada/Matsui. I know Hamels has not been himself, but he and Pedro match up just fine with Burnett and Petitte. I really think this series is going to be closer than many think. The Yankees hold the edge in their bullpen but Joba and Hughes certainly have not been dominant, and Lidge has pitched well for the Phillies. I think you are off. Hamels has struggled against the NL as of late and really looks like a shell of the pitcher he was a year ago. I suspect he's fatigued and a little banged up and its hurting his effectiveness. Pedro has pitched good and he's gutsy, but its one thing to do it in the NL, its another to do it against a premiere AL offense. Burnett and Pettite are much much better at this point (based upon recent performance, etc). Offensively, I think the Phils are solid, but I just think the Yanks are ridiculous. I think Tex and Arod are better than Utley/Howard. The Yanks really have a ridiculous lineup. Phils have a great line-up too, but I really have to point out how legit the Yanks lineup is and it is also pretty well balances as they have plenty of guys that can hit for avg too and almost everyone on that squad gets on base.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.