Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
Bobby looked great when he was ahead but now has fallen behind on 3 straight guys. First two got on...hopefully this guy gets out.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
That was terrible POds. How the f*** was that not an out. He must have been playing ridiculously deep.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
Good, keep em close but just get this darn out.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
Come on Bobby. End this s*** right here!!!
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
I really think Jenks could be a stellar starter, assuming his arm could handle starting. He's got a wide arsenal of pitches and great movement.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
One more out Bobby. I say all heaters.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
Change-up...balla
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
Went with the high heater, now its time for the hook. Throw a solid one and its an out.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
I say a high heater, but it'll be the hook i'm sure. He throws the same one he did last time and its two gawn.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
WOWZA's...that is un-hittable.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
LOL @ AJ who thought that was strike 3. That was a meatball there, we got lucky.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
This is huge Bobby. Get this done and were a game out and have nice momentum going into game 2 of the 4 game set. Plus Gavin deserves a W and so do the Sox who have completely out played Tampa thus far.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:48 PM) I can't believe we're 3 outs away from being 1 game out. Lets do this!!!
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
Alright Jenks...earn this save!!!
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:44 PM) That's gotta be Howell right? I would assume so. Howell's hook is going to be tough on Thome. But hopefully Jimmy can deliver!!!
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:44 PM) Beckham and Ramirez look like a consistent 20/20 club waiting to happen up the middle with steals and homers each season. 30/30 would be amazing, and Ramirez is the more likely one there....but we'll easily settle for 20/20 every year. Who got sent down to make way for Quentin, BTW? BA
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
One more strike Thorty.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
s***
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
Come on Paulie!!!
-
Anderson would've had it
QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:11 PM) What I was saying is that many people were adamant about Danks not being ready. The point is, if "analysis" was always correct, we'd always know who would win and who would be good/bad, wouldn't we? It's just common sense. Couldn't beat out DeWayne Wise? WTF are you talking about? He's a FAR superior fielder and Wise can't get on base either. How is that a valid argument??? Than why is Brian in AAA and Wise in the majors? Brian is the superior athlete, that doesn't make him the better baseball player. Note, I actually think Anderson is better because of his defense but regardless neither has any business being on an American league roster. The fact is Anderson couldn't beat out Wise. Tell me how that isn't a fact? One's in AAA ones in the bigs.
-
Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos
QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:52 PM) I didn't know Longoria was a SS made 3B. Longoria played 3B in college. Tulowiski was at SS part of his time at LBState, IIRC.
-
Anderson would've had it
QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:04 PM) I don't think I even need to explain MY logic to a guy who brings up "losing his job" to Wise as an argument as to why Anderson will never be a good hitter. And I could be wrong here (not that it matters), but wasn't Crede basically the same before he broke out? Why? Anderson lost his job to Wise. You can tell me all you want that Ozzie hates him but the reality is he couldn't beat out Dwayne Wise and is now in Charlotte. Thats a pretty valid argument. And Wise is bad at baseball.
-
Anderson would've had it
QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:02 PM) Whoa, whoa! Where did I ever use the term "All-Star hitter?" And man, if everyone here was always correct with their "analysis," BMac would be pitching for us (well, I might add), Floyd would have been released on waivers by the Sox a WHILE ago, Danks wouldn't have pitched last year (well, anyway), and OH so many more examples. So forgive me for not thinking your analysis is ultimately worth a damn. Your talking to the wrong guy on that. I've backed Floyd from the get-go, including his struggles early this season. No idea who was saying Danks shouldn't have pitched and well Bmac would have been pitching here had the Sox not gottne offered Danks (which was a great idea).
-
Anderson would've had it
QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:52 PM) Yeah, I'm serious. It's amazing that in a long, thought out paragraph there really was nothing to argue to actual point, just a wall of text disguised as insight. BA has been mismanaged like hell. Not to say he's been solid or he would have been, but BA was NOT "given every opportunity," and Wise is an even WORSE player, so PLEASE stop with the "he lost his job to Wise" BS because I laughed so hard at that statement. He "lost his job" to a worse player and THAT'S grounds for making a childish assumption that BA will never be a good hitter? Where did you learn logic from? I've written about the Sox and put my opinions out there for years and you won't find anyone in the public eye whose been more accurate than I have been in regards to Sox prospects. The top prospects I've bashed have tended to fail, most of the ones I've hyped have produced to an extent (although Chris young, who was one of my boys clearly hasn't lived up to his hype either). So there is this thing called scouting and evaluating and well quite frankly it is a large reason why you don't see teams banging on the Sox door for Anderson. Someone will take him, but they aren't going to give up much for him thats for sure.
-
Anderson would've had it
QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:52 PM) Yeah, I'm serious. It's amazing that in a long, thought out paragraph there really was nothing to argue to actual point, just a wall of text disguised as insight. BA has been mismanaged like hell. Not to say he's been solid or he would have been, but BA was NOT "given every opportunity," and Wise is an even WORSE player, so PLEASE stop with the "he lost his job to Wise" BS because I laughed so hard at that statement. He "lost his job" to a worse player and THAT'S grounds for making a childish assumption that BA will never be a good hitter? Where did you learn logic from? His major league numbers and poor swing are good enough for me. And my track record on this things is also good enough for me. So why don't you tell me why you think BA can do something? I'm curious, what is your logic? I'd really like to see it. BA got relatively all of the starts in June (25 games played) and hit .203 and than in July got in 10 games and hit .200. In 2008 he hit .232 with 45k's in 181 ab's. Assuming 600 ab's that would have been 149K's. 2007 was .118 in limited ab's (spend the year in the minors). 2006, .225. And in 334 games, albeit broken up, he's hit .225 with 203K's and just 176Hits and 20 HR's. And there has been very little progress throughout his major league career which would indicate that he's consistently getting better.