Everything posted by SoxAce
-
9/3 Games
QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 10:31 PM) Desmond Jennings went 7-7 against the Knights. Dear lord.. Take that Jerry Owens (In the INT league no doubt). I love me some Desmond Jennings. Still kinda hold a grudge with us not drafting a kid who was literally right in their own backyard in Birmingham. Then again that was in 2006 which was a dark time for our org. as far as drafting. BTW.. Sergio Santos is terrible.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
Johnny Knox is gonna be a stud. I'm calling it.
-
And thats a White Sox Series Winnah
Even though he didn't get a hit, I think we are all gonna like that Flowers kid. He looked real good up there.
-
White Sox @ Cubs, 1:20 PM, CSN
Hey a Dan Hudson sighting! Number 54 eh?
-
White Sox @ Cubs, 1:20 PM, CSN
OVA! WOOO!
-
White Sox @ Cubs, 1:20 PM, CSN
God damn Alexei.
-
White Sox @ Cubs, 1:20 PM, CSN
Having the Sox kick the Cubs ass... priceless.
-
White Sox @ Cubs, 1:20 PM, CSN
I thought Torres was s***ty according to some ST posters..
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX METRODOME-IMPLODING WINNER!!!&#
I'll be damned. I didn't watched this game as didn't have the motivation and they pull this crap. God damn sox.
-
Top 10 pick status
QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 11:30 PM) You forgot San Diego in there, so we are currently at 13th. As long as our pitching doesn't tank, I wouldn't mind letting some young guys come up and bat, and end up with a pick in the 10-12 range. Thank you. Quick edit there.
-
Top 10 pick status
I usually don't like startin threads at all (I'd rather put up good info in another thread than to start one) but this is probably thread worthy. From the near competitiveness of our mediocre team earlier in the year to now the losing amazing to think the sox are actually close to a top 10 pick for next year in the draft. Since I'm a prospect freak, it's nice to look ahead for the next Gordon Beckham or Jared Mitchell for our org. in the draft. So far, here's where we stand in the bottom 15.. (top 10 picks, then the others) Washington 46-86 (probably will win the Bryce Harper sweepstakes) Kansas City 50-81 Pittsburgh 53-78 Baltimore 54-79 San Diego 57-76 Oakland 58-73 Cleveland 58-73 Toronto 59-72 Cincinnati 59-73 New York (N) 59-73 (Who'd thunk it?) Games back of top 10 Arizona 60-72 (1 game back) Houston 63-69 (3.5 games back) Sox 64-69 (4.5 games back) Milwaukee 64-67 (5.5 games back) Cubs 66-64 (8 games back) *Minnesota 67-65 (8 games back just to add them in here) Some of course are tied, but were closer to a top pick than we are of first which is sad especially considering if the season ended today, the Twins could have a top 15 pick right now (Ah the good ol' sucky AL/NL Centrals). We are currently 13th overall now which is still very high. I don't want this team losing every friggin game now, but considering some of the guys who were dealt this year that some posters here had "mad" crushes on, you can say KW and company can easily fix that specific weakness in the farm (not to mention potential comp. picks) come next season. We went from being competitive just a little over a month ago, to potentially having a top 10 pick. (and the way were going/performing.. we could be there in no time sadly) Other than Pittsburgh, we have the second worst (worst in AL) losing streak going right now.
-
9/1 Games
QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 10:34 PM) Shoemaker and Gerst got RBI's. Yes they did JPN, but they didn't get a hit.
-
Sox at Twins September 1st game thread
Hudson comming to the big show as well. At least there will be interest to watch the losing from here on out.
-
Sox at Twins September 1st game thread
Man.. I think I might just make a sig type thing saying how many games were back of a top 10 pick at this point. Make something positive of this losing.
-
Sox at Twins September 1st game thread
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. haha... game.
-
9/1 Games
Looks like the big show for Huddy.. Of all the guys who got promoted to fill space, M. Gonzalez (the 18 yr old catcher) is the only one to get a hit. He went 1-3 Nice outings for Holmberg and Heindenrich as well.
-
Getz, Wise, Fields, Torres, Flowers Join Team
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 02:56 PM) Bring Your Own White Friend. :lolhitting
-
I present your 2010 DH: Adam Dunn
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 02:53 PM) I know for sure that it's been kicked around on this site for at least the last month. Well I won't take credit cuz there was a poster (or two) here actually said it in the winter actually when he thought Thome was gonna retire after this season, but I brought it back up before ST when we had our low payroll, cause it does make sense.
-
Getz, Wise, Fields, Torres, Flowers Join Team
Other than Nunez, I was right about Flowers, Fields, and Torres being called up. Getz was a no brainer and Wise we knew would be back. T-Flow.. welcome to the show.
-
I present your 2010 DH: Adam Dunn
QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 02:45 PM) You forgot about the $25+ million going to Peavy and Rios next year, the raises that Jenks, Floyd, Danks, and Quentin will command via arbitration, and the money that the Sox are losing due to economy-driven losses in advertising and luxury suite sales. The Sox have less to spend next season than a lot of people think. ^^^^ That was Tony and Rowand's point. BTW Steve, I was all over the Dunn acquisition months ago.. where have you been.. you don't even notice me anymore..
-
Sox at Twins September 1st game thread
Wow.. if the season ended today we'd have the 13th (or 14th since were tied with the Brewers) overall pick in the draft, and are 5-6 games back from picking in the top 10 (8th-10th) overall. Pretty crazy to see how much mediocrity does.
-
This picture is weird.
QUOTE (Wise Master Buehrle @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 01:27 PM) Because we cannot see Jermaine's bat. Winner. I was gonna say cuz Beckham was whispering sweet music in his ear.. but yours was much better..
-
Thome, $ to LAD for Fuller-Jose to COL for $, Hynick
I thought BearSox was M.I.A.
-
Music Thread
QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 01:47 AM) Who was this DJ AM guy? What did he do that I should know about? He banged Nicole Richie, Mandy Moore and probably Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. But in all seriousness, he was on a band called Crazy Town (though I had to look that up myself) who I liked (and their style) alot. They had a few good songs. Weird he cheated death once with Barker in that plane crash, to only end up dying after givin a second chance. That's all I know about him.
-
Soxtalk's 2 million posts congrats thread!
Goddamn WilliamTell of all people made the 2 millionth post..