Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. So I haven't posted a good while here. Besides the soon-to-be retirement of Nelson, Pollite injured, the mlb draft, us winning the first two against Detroit, and everyone moving up on the ballot for the all-star game, anything else I missed?
  2. Got my 25 in today. I've voted about 35 times all together. Should get some more in tomorrow.
  3. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 11:31 PM) Frank's replacement has done OK.
  4. The sox (and us as the fans) should feel grateful that we are playing absolutely horrendous right now, and are only 2+ games behind Detriot right now and can make a statement/decrease or tie the lead, when we play them after this series.
  5. QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 11:09 PM) Anderson has done nothing to show he's going to be a future stud. We're not exactly talking about someone who dominated in the minors last year. I'm still debating to myself if I should reply to this. EDIT: Just typed a good paragraph and copied it, just in case you have anything else to say about this.
  6. Well.. our "future center fielder" Gary Matthews Jr. was 2-4 today with a GW rbi, surprised noone brought up his name yet... :rolly BA is here right now, he is our future stud, let's put this to rest please.. I'd rather talk about something that's worth talking about (I.E. Bullpen, Uribe, Garland, Pods semi-slump) then talking about something that were not losing ballgames after.
  7. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in How Does That Work?
    Ah the Ben Davis sig.. Those were the days. My sig was better Alex.. I still remember the fan club I had, and it was alot of members (4 short of aboz's Buehrle fans list which is really impressive since Buehrle is more likeable)
  8. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 11:10 PM) And why were you so nice there Kalapse? Something wrong? You should have said "Patterson's OPS is 154 points lower you dumbass". He has been "Aced" by Yours truely. Ever since I called him out on that, he's mellowed down some. Still has that ridiculous Rancid sig up, but he's making progress..
  9. SoxAce replied to Kalapse's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:19 PM) Dye might be our best all-around hitter. He surely is the sox best all-around athlete.
  10. I'm glad I didn't get to post in this thread until now...
  11. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 28, 2006 -> 12:14 AM) I won't be happy if this is true. You better keep working out then to help with the anger..
  12. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:06 PM) Boone Logan pitched a scoreless 8th. That's my exciting news of the day.
  13. QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:49 PM) Over the course of Ozzie's 3 years here in Chicago how many rookie position playes has he had on his roster? Brian Anderson and Pedro Lopez are the only ones I can think of. How many position players were even ready for the show? Lopez was hitting like .100+ in AAA and Ozzie saw him in spring training when he was raking. Ozzie liked what he saw and send him up. What does he do? He gets 2 hits and drove in a run. Don't ever bring up Ozzie and Dusty's managerial tastics in the same discussion... EVER!!!
  14. If anyone thought Thome, Dye, Crede, Konerko (he's gonna slip too) AJ (also gonna slip) Iguchi, etc. was gonna keep this up, (or even if all of them hit .300+ for the season if that) then you are nuts.
  15. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:24 PM) I was more hating on the 90's White Sox team and this years Angels than I was hating on you. Don't take it personal . I would had just said slut... but I'll agree with ya..
  16. QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:10 PM) Hey! I'm a loving person, maybe I should show you just how loving I can be you ungrateful bastard! Your listening to too much Rancid. It does f*** up the mind in personality. Instead of wanting to slit someone's throat all the time, curse up a storm, and start arguing for know apparent reason, just relax, take a chill pill, and be "one step closer" to being loveable. QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:13 PM) I think this is another big difference between BA and Uribe. When BA sucks at the plate, he leaves it at the plate as opposed to bringing it out onto the field with him and start sucking defensively. Where as Uribe strikes out a few times on high fastballs or sliders low and away then goes out and throws away a double play ball or two. Excellent point.
  17. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:08 PM) His defense looks about on par with last year to me too. I wouldn't say that. Watching the games, I've never seen Uribe throw a DP ball away twice, yet alone in the same week. He has made routine errors yes, but he hasn't been this bad since he's been here. I remember last season when he had a stretch of not making an error in consecutive games (not too sure though, so I could be wrong.)
  18. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:07 PM) Look, Brian's on base is .276 as Kalapse so kindly pointed out. Kalapse and kind should never be in the same sentence.
  19. What the hell is a "Taubenhiem"?
  20. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:54 PM) Thank You. Should have been done at the beginning of the season. One, if not the only one who was calling for this since the beginning. Well done.
  21. Wow... now 100 post in here in like.. 10 minutes.. I must say I'm glad there were others who feel the way about this and are more backers than I ever thought.
  22. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:09 PM) I'm hoping the Bulls take Ager with that 2nd 1st rounder. He is a legit 6'4 or 6'5 with a huge wingspan, is a world class athlete, can shoot from the perimeter, and plays pretty solid defense. He's somebody that could potentially develop into a Vince Carter type player, and is a legit 2 that can play as a rookie and play significant minutes IMO. If we got Aldridge-Ager in the draft, I'll be "hella" happy. (Had to take Cartman's word) Hell even Aldridge/Thomas-Ager/Brewer (if he slips)/S. Williams and I'd be fine with it.
  23. QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:45 PM) He's fifth on the team in walks, despite having like 60% of the AB of the guys above him. Thank you for lookin for it Alex.
  24. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:43 PM) If Pods gets that bunt down in the 9th and Iguchi hits a flyball to the outfield, Bobby comes in and game over. If Jermaine doesn't pussy foot it to 3rd, maybe we take the lead in the top of the 11th and Bobby comes in and game over. If Thome doesn't go 0 for 6, Bobby ends up in and game over. You see my point, the pen lost it in the box score, but nowhere else. I didn't see the game so I'm gonna take your word for it as of today. I saw the box and I saw BA give up an earned and Nelson give up an earned and Count pitching great.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.