Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Astros make McHugh, Keuchel, and Cosart available
QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 07:14 PM) that's, but here is what I learned, with ref to right handed pitching, I will take McHugh, he pitch 3 types of pitches with the fast ball around +/- 92 mph. a slider and a curve ball. Keuchel has 4-5 types of pitches with the FB being his best, 88-90 mph. the pitcher I like is the only Lefty of the group, Cosart, 3 pitches with FB being his best 93-94 +/-. I really wish the sox had picked his brother last yr in the draft. oh well. Cosart is a righty, which makes him pretty intriguing.
-
Adam Eaton impact
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 09:54 AM) Eaton has talent. It's his ability to get hurt that worries me. The Carlos Quentin effect.
-
Anderson and Rodon top 100 prospects
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 11:00 AM) Could Ravelo be similar to a RH Nick Johnson type offensively? He can be anywhere from Johnson to Casey Kotchman (who ironically I liked alot as well as a prospect in the past) in all honesty. He is a serious wildcard in regsrds to his power.
-
2014 Minor League catch all thread
QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 07:43 AM) Tyler Saldhino out for the year. Tommy john surgery That's a shame. Kid had a very good year for the Knights. On the other hand, that means more ABs for Sanchez, Semien and Johnson.
-
7/27 Games
QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 06:28 PM) Carlos Sanchez grand slam Talk about a bounce back season. What a year he is having.
-
7/26 Games
QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 08:35 PM) Let's not forget Kevan Smith. Depending on what you think of his age (considering Phegley is in AAA) and his rawness coming out.. I'm well aware though.
-
7/26 Games
Austin 3-4, 2B, RBI. Would love to see him get hot. IMO, He's the best catching prospect in our system (although I do like Barazza alot too).
-
Sox vs Twins
Gillaspie is straight murdering the ball. Tumbleweeds just missed that one.
-
Sox vs Twins
Slayer with probably his most productive game in a while.
-
7/26 Games
Seems like pitchers are pitching around Wilkins more. He's walked 3 times In the last 4 days.
-
Only 5 back in the Wild Card
WAS IT OVER WHEN TH... ah I'm not gonna go there.
-
7/23 Games
Wilkins Grand Slam. Definitely has one of the sweetest swings in our farm system that's for sure. Also keep an eye on Luis Martinez. Interesting looking pitching prospect
-
Official Frank Thomas Celebration Week
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 08:31 PM) Frank Thomas, C-grade prospect: http://scouts.baseballhall.org/report?repo...yerid=thomafr04 Hopefully he can hit over .250 I thought his arm grade/report was even more hilarious.
-
7/21 KC Royals @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 09:58 PM) Going off of Hawks record as a GM, I would go with what FutureSox saids. I don't agree with some of future sox stuff (sans Jeff and Dan views on spects most of the time) but I definitely agree with this statement.
-
7/21 KC Royals @ Chicago White Sox
9-1 for Sale now.
-
7/21 KC Royals @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 09:45 PM) He did not get 2 LH out in a row ever with the Sox. That's probably because Robin was using him against righties in between
-
Prospect Interviews
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 11:01 AM) Matt Davidson Definitely. Also Jordan Guerrero for personal favorite sleeper in the system reasons.
-
No Dunn trade talk?
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 04:13 PM) Oh that is so great Row.
-
Brady Aiken DID NOT SIGN
QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 10:01 PM) if rodon was dafted ahead of aiken and he was avail when the sox pick, I believes that the sox will be tempted to draft him. remember with the sox drafting, they want someone who can be major league ready Its a safe bet. Aiken was Cooper's favorite prospect in the draft. If you want to believe the reports, Rodon and Aiken were both 1-2 on the sox board. (and not necessarily in that order)
-
7-19 game thread Sox vs Astros 6:10pm
QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 09:08 PM) Lexi brutal batting 2nd Yea we are better off having Beckham's 0-for still hitting there.
-
Favorite Dylan Axelrod moment
QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 02:15 PM) His first 11 starts last year were pretty fun..... One of the main reasons we were able to get a top 3 pick. (Rodon) Got nothing bad to say about Dylan. Kudos to him for even making the majors.
-
ALL-STAR GAME THREAD 7/15: NL @ AL
Mike Trout MVP.. well deserved. He or Cabrera should of won it anyways. Thank god they didn't give it to Jeter.
-
ALL-STAR GAME THREAD 7/15: NL @ AL
Alexei sighting.
-
Jose Abreu general discussion
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 09:18 AM) I think he would have killed somebody in the stands. Fixed.
-
7/12 Games
QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 08:37 AM) Even so... if the trade was Reed+Santiago for Eaton, I am sure the Sox would still make that trade... hindsight is 20/20. I was pretty cheesed off when they traded Santiago, but now I'm all like "ya I'm just some dumb fan". I don't think anyone is arguing that (well.. maybe except Jon) and you weren't the only one with Santiago. It's just a personal peeve of mine. It's bad enough Melton and even Hawk has said it.