Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 07:56 AM) But the problem for Rose in the low post is that if he gets the ball down there and tries to score from that point, stationary, he's inviting all of the 6'10 guys in the game to come in and get on him. He can maneuver around those guys when he's moving, but from a stationary position in the low post he's setting himself up to be trapped. Playing in the low post limits his speed, and his speed is his best asset It is simple basketball fundamentals Balta. Rose doesn't have to "try to score" if an opposing big is gonna double him. Pass the ball out to the open man, or swing it around and reload from the post. Speed doesn't always mean running really fast on the court. Foot work, agility etc. are beneficial to the speed aspect of the game. Rose has the special ability early on here to shoot over bigger guys with his athleticism and overall speed. Once thats gone, he'll have to find other ways to be effective at the PG position other than passing. (which I'm sure his b-ball I.Q. will improve enough to realize that)
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 10:52 AM) Kruger & Montador to IR. Andrew Shaw (C, 5th rd 2011) & Dylan Olsen (D, 1st rd 2009) called up. Carcillo suspended indefinitely until his hearing He's suspended 7 games. Starts after he is cleared (health wise) to play.
-
2012 Cubs thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 05:41 PM) Zambrano prediction in Miami. 17-8, 3.80 I also see him having a very good year down there. Ozzie might be the one manager who can "train him."
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 06:46 AM) FWIW, they had a falling out before he went to Seattle Must have missed that one. Thanks for clarifying.
-
The Tank
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 01:37 PM) its cool, joecoolman24 will just say something like "hotfire isnt hot" QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 02:05 PM) f***, that's so much better. Oh man, it's been a while since I had a post(s) literally make me laugh out loud.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
I hope the Bears take a serious run at Jeremy Bates for the new OC for Cutler. It's gonna be even more criminal for Cutler to learn another new offense 3 out of 4 seasons. Just destroys his development. Get him back to the West Coast offense. Cutler has praised Bates before. Tice is another one who I wouldn't mind them promoting for Cutler to still have the same offense. And we all know Tice is a guy who loves to run the ball.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
That was just an ugly game to watch as a fan of the game. But it was really good to see as a fan of the Bulls.
-
*Official* Work Out Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 08:04 AM) Have you considered doing something that is easier to maintain over the long run than Insanity? The reason I have not thought much about doing Insanity myself is because it seems so difficult that you would never want to/be able to maintain it over any decent length of time. Maybe if you did something you were more probable to stick with you'd stay closer to your goal weight? I've thought about it, but honestly do not have the time to really do anything of sort cause of this job (which I was jobless most of 2010, so I had time to run, do Insanity, eat right etc.. to get in shape) especially working night shift, 10-12 hours a day. Gonna try getting up around 2 pm today and get started before I go in to work. (as you can see... still up.. Insomnia sucks) Gotta get back to the better eating habits too, especially at my job when our breaks are so late and everyone eats past 10 pm. Morning shift would be so much easier for me, but hey I can't complain.
-
*Official* Work Out Thread
Alright I'm gotta get back in the game with this. Started lifting a few weeks ago, but injured my wrist and stopped for a couple weeks. (still sore, but gonna battle through it) Gonna start Insanity once again since I gained 40+ pounds since! (back to 195 lbs, was 150 in 2010 in October just when I started new job... yea)
-
2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 04:24 AM) Haven't they played "I'm too sexy" before? Or whatever that song is where the singer is apparently too sexy for his shirt. You might be right. Not when I've been there, but for the people who have season tickets who have been to more games can probably chime in on that better than I can.
-
2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:33 AM) So who will be the first Sox player to rock this song? I figured the obvious answer would be Teahen, but he is not here. My money is on Lillibridge. Maybe Adam Dunn, but I doubt he will stray from a country song. PS: I did you all a favor by not posting the music video version. Trust me, you DO NOT want to see the music video....... . . . . . . ...but now you're curious! Haha, suckers. Who hasn't seen the video? (Well... who isn't over 30?) Dunno if they will put that on with kids in the park either other than the instrumental version of it.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 10:48 PM) It's a good thing Edmonton isn't gonna make the playoffs, cause the Hawks can't beat them this year. Pretty awful effort tonight. Carcillo's an idiot, not gonna miss him at all. Hawks suck against faster teams who play a run and gun style. (Edmonton, Colorado for example) And I have no idea what Crawford was doing on that Eager goal. Awful.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 09:33 PM) Knee injury looked serious. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was an ACL tear. Looked bad, couldn't put any weight on it, and it looked extremely floopy/loose. It's a shame too. He was having a nice couple of games comming back from his first injury. Probably gives Hayes more time up there though when Kruger comes back.
-
LETS MAKE A LIST JAN 2012 COMMENT THREAD
QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 10:48 AM) Listen up, people.......I'm not playing. :lolhitting
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 02:28 AM) If Rubio wins the ROY, the 2009 Draft Class will have 3 ROYs Also, I suggest the nickname "Ricky 'Rifle' Rubio" as he is similar to Maravich. He just has ridiculous vision, creativity and a high I.Q. on the court. Should be starting soon as well.
-
i am drunk
QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 12:22 AM) You ever begin to start thinking about everything you drank the night before, and then pause and ask yourself how you are possibly still alive? Did that today. I made the biggest mistake of not eating anything before I went out. Woke up the next day threw up 7 times (by far the most I've ever thrown up after a hangover) and was hungover till 9 pm. Saw my wallet and saw video of me around 5 am off a friends phone still drinking (had more booze in the car) while falling on my ass several times outside after the bar and it's crazy to even think about it.
-
Carlos Quentin traded to Padres
Wow Simon Castro. I remember when Padre fans were deeming him untouchable like two years ago. Good arm.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 12:07 PM) Good point. I'm just a fan of his, but I doubt that the consistency he lacks will ever come around. He has everything you'd like in a young player as far as skill (and he improved defensively) but his lack of finish is horrible. By far the weakest shot on the team.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 12:47 AM) Rose tonight: 42 minutes 8-14 for 57% fg% 3-4 on 3 pointers 10-11 from the line 8 rebounds 16 assists 1 steal 29 points PER 37.81 TS% 79.69% Game Score 32.6 (absolutely insane) Offensive Rating 149.48 DRose has had two absolutely insane games so far. He had a 88% TS against the Lakers and now he pulls off an 80% TS game. The fact he had 16 dimes along with almost 30 points is incredible. Jesus.. Very efficient game from him as well. 10+ FT is what I love to see from him on a nightly basis.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Brewer and Watson were very good tonight. And it's still early, but looks to me Derrick has regressed a bit defensively in all areas. Hopefully Thibs can get on him a bit on that.
-
2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread
QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 09:26 AM) And while I think Frasor will be solid for us next year, if he rejected arbitration he could have been replaced fairly easily in free agency. Picking up that option never made sense to me. He's a Chicago boy, so obviously we were looking out for him.
-
Super Official 2011 White Sox predictions thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 07:33 AM) Really though, you could still be right. He could be traded in the 2013 offseason, KW has done crazier things I think it was obvious he meant 2012, but that is a hell of a miscalculation on the year. He damn well can be right next season.
-
The Future Of the Rotation
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 01:16 AM) If any of you recall, it was me (and maybe J4L?) who were the ONLY two people who welcomed and thought he would be a decent pitcher for us, and I STILL am not that optimistic about Humber. It was Heads I believe. (although me and I believe shack or 2k5 were optimistic about him. Liked him as a prospect several years ago pre TJ.)
-
Super Official 2011 White Sox predictions thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 04:33 AM) You lucky motherf***er. Thornton was most definitely the better pitcher this year, but he only beat Soria in 2 of those 5. Haha, I was looking for his post for the same thing. That is crazy. Oh and I was right about Pierre having a down year defensively, and of course I was way off about my wacky prediction of Quentin being healthy and the pennant.
-
Christmas Present List
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 07:52 PM) What do you expect from a Loser? ^^^ This.