Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 12:59 AM) As a college grad (in 5 days), my list looks much different than it usually has. I'd like to add another suit to my collection, since I'm a broadcaster and more dress clothes in general. I like to thing I have a pretty incredible collection of ties for a 22 year old. A nice watch wouldn't be bad. Some re-ups on my favorite colognes. Other than that, I can't really think of anything. The ESPN 30 for 30 collection on Blu Ray would be neat. Being home for Christmas (mine is on JAN 7) for the first time in a while and knowing I won't have to go back to school in general will be a new feeling. Man.. I'm the same way. Nice dress clothes/shoes is probably all I'd want (though I wouldn't mind a new laptop. ) Oh.. and a sox rebuild.
  2. QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 07:58 PM) Reyes is about to be a Fish. Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal Sources: #Marlins, Reyes close on six-year deal, believed to be for $110 million. #MLB 1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply Props to our inside source chisox2334 for calling this a while ago.
  3. That looked like a ACL/MCL injury for Forte. Not good. Hopefully not too serious.
  4. I hate insomnia.. so I'll be watching with no sleep in the last 24 hours....
  5. QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 11:35 AM) It would be kind of neat if Washington signed both CJ and MB. It'll make me puke personally. Rizzo alone makes me dislike that franchise (although I love seeing Stras pitch and Bryce when he's ready).
  6. QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 10:45 AM) Agreed on Beckham. If this is a real rebuild, deal Ramirez and put Lillibridge at short. A real rebuild would have Escobar there (barring trade for another ML ready young SS) unless sox still thinks he needs another year in AAA with the bat (or how highly they view him at all).
  7. QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 10:43 AM) marlins are going to get reyes start of the week Our soxtalk source... Listen to this man!
  8. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 09:41 AM) This is the second time I've seen this proposed. As I asked the first person, what single rational reason would the Rangers trade Derek Holland for John Danks? Holland might be Danks' equal right now. And he's a WHOLE lot cheaper and under control for a WHOLE lot longer. Makes no sense whatsoever. The only thing that makes sense is that Holland is under control for cheap and really, that's all that needs to make sense. Danks is better than Holland though (hell Danks just had his worst season since his rookie year and still put up a better WHIP, while both playing at hitters parks. Danks is an old f*** compared to Holland as well... he and his one year oldness) but both have a ton of similarities in their numbers however. It wouldn't make sense for Texas in that regard (even if Danks was a guaranteed re-sign over there), but I always thought they had a soft spot for Danks who is homegrown and who they helped develop (that DVD rotation I remember was the s*** back in their old farm days). I doubt they trade Holland in any case however. Depends on what Texas believes what Danks can become. (or pretty much... if they view him as high as I do down the line)
  9. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 03:16 PM) Not even news. But his name is the s***! And look at that, Ben Smith did more in one game than Bickell has in what.. his last 20? geez.
  10. QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 05:48 PM) I like the Bennett extension, the guy can ball. He's a legit #2 WR in this league. Absolutely. By far the best WR we have on the team. Lets hope the Bears can actually give Cutler a legit #1 next year. Hell, I'll take a #2 to develop as well if that means Bennett can be in the slot as our #3 (our own reliable Wes Welker). Bennett is fine as a #2/3 though.
  11. Happy B-Day to one of the most underrated posters on this site for years.
  12. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:59 PM) The Bulls passed on him last year. I don't see how another year of age and knee deterioration would change their minds. Apparently he had knee surgery this summer (same knee procedure Kobe had) in Germany and says he is finally 100% healthy. And for anyone wondering, no I do not want him here, and it makes no sense other than his facilitation and ball handling at the 2 (floor spacing is much more critical at the conjecture of this offense build around Rose from last summer's FA period) and LMAO at SA who is now backing down on what he said.
  13. It would be amazing if the sox can somehow lock up this guy, but I highly doubt it myself.
  14. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 11:33 AM) Gotta love Gavin. You might only have a chance to love him in another month or two. Half kidding...
  15. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 10:56 AM) All I know is I need a donation for a new liver. My s*** is shot.
  16. Apparently this is fire coaches day in the NHL.
  17. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 10:31 AM) Soft tossing lefty with good control and a changeup? Mark may no-hit the Sox 6 times in the next few years if he winds up in detroit. Balta FTW!
  18. SoxAce replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 09:40 AM) Agree that was a pretty good episode. That was awesome.
  19. This thread needs more love. Very nice story.
  20. This is gonna be a bumpy ride, that's for sure.
  21. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 08:15 PM) I swear I voted real only thinking about tits. That would be the man thing to do.
  22. There is a few rumors that the Bulls will sign T-Mac when FA starts. In fact.. Steven A. Smith (who was the only one who reported the big 3 to Miami rumor from his sources) said you can "bet the house that T-Mac will be a bull" on a radio show.
  23. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 04:58 PM) I don't like Turkey, stuffing is ok, mashed potatoes are ok, and I do enjoy some of the sides my relatives make but I'd much rather just get a pizza or a burger or something, add that to the fact that 90 percent of my family makes me want to put a bullet through my head and ya...thanksgiving is not exactly my favorite day...minus the football of course. Just lost alot of respect in my book Row. I'm going to assume this is just damaged brain cells from the crazy drinking lately to help me sleep better at night.
  24. 2nd career hat trick for Sharp. Toews leap frogs everyone on the team in points now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.