Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 11:50 AM) JayZawaski670 Jay Zawaski Toews, Hossa and Kane named to NHL All Star Team | Red Light District I believe Sharp would have been named instead of Kane, if not for the injury. Congrats to those three though.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 08:54 AM) It blows my mind that VDN has been put in charge of molding first Derrick Rose in his first two years and now Blake Griffin. It's insane. I still believe he stunted Rose's growth as a player from those wasted two years of development time. (scary as that sounds) And once the Wizards actually give John Wall players who don't have the basketball I.Q. of a small infant, that would definitely help him as well. He still has to improve his jumper (and be more aggressive to the paint) but his upside is still ridiculous. Still only 20. And this is embarrassing. (in practice at that) Javale might be the dumbest one playing with Wall.
-
Baseball America's Top 10 White Sox Prospects
To be fair, Phil Rogers is terrible.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 07:40 AM) Columbus has to be impressed with him. In four games against them this year, he has 3 multi-goal games, including last night's hat trick. Maybe they won't notice that he only has five against everyone else. 4 Games against them. 7 goals + 1 assist. He owns them.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 11:12 AM) I think that's what Synergy Sports does. They have video of every play of every game and break things down for you. I'm pretty sure they classify heaves as shots from 40-50+ feet with little or no time left on the shot or game clock. Pretty much. It's a great tool to use in the future. (which I'm sure Felix will use for an argument about Kevin Love ) If I wasn't so wrapped up from work (gonna get sleep now, work at 6 pm) or wasn't so lazy to register, I'd re-register. They have graphs/charts/etc.. Obviously we won't know every little detail about the game other than watching (people won't remember every play, each game for instance) but just like baseball with saber/fielding bible/etc., info like this is increasing and getting noticed.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:43 AM) Do you have anything at all to back this up? Jesus.. if the eye test wasn't enough, I think only Wade came the closest to him from whom I've watched in the NBA. Check out Synergy Sports. Great tool. He took 32 half court heaves last year and made... 1. I wish I hadn't forgot my f***ing username and password for that s***. True shooting % helps, but even that can be a bit off. Luckily I saved that small stat on my notepad. EDIT: some guy on realgm posted something similar (can't read it from this computer). I'm also positive Wade was second going off memory. http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic....19&start=15
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:37 AM) His career mark doesn't mean anything, given that he obviously became a better 3 point shooter to start last season (but then fell on hard times at the end). Correct. And he really shouldn't have taken alot of those cause of the injury. And people look at his shooting when he had by far the most heaved shots from half court at buzzer beaters in the league. He simply doesn't care about his stats.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:15 AM) He's shooting .277 from 3 and taking enough of them that it's making him currently have the lowest FG %age of his career so far. To be fair, he was up around 38% until that Detroit game (1/4) and has since made 2 of his last 18 which has really dragged down his percentage. I do agree however 5+ isn't going to work, but 2-3 (in the flow of the offense) is acceptable for a guy who has improved.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 09:18 PM) lol. First of all, LeBron wants his MVP back. So that's that. And Kevin Durant wants his first. Yes I know LeBron has been ridiculous, but it's still very early. Bosh has been very good too. (no idea what is going on with Wade)
-
Congrats to Barry Larkin, Hall of Fame 2012
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 04:31 PM) And he couldnt' have used any PED's previously to get over an injury or get ready for a season? You have the blood samples? He couldn't have increased the dosages or changed over to the new drug? Jesus.. I can understand people not liking Bonds, but this is ridiculous. I honestly wish he wasn't so egotistical when he saw Big Mac and Sammy getting all the acolytes prior to 99. He was just an amazing player/athlete before the body change. (mostly his head growing two times the size as before) FWIW.. I would still vote Bonds in even if the MLB erased all his numbers from 1999 on. He is still a HOF.
-
2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread
My god.. this might be one of the most boring off-seasons I can remember since posting here. I mean just garbage.
-
Stephan Hawking turns 70
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 12:31 PM) Watch the Darth Vader vs. Hitler. It's better. Meh.. the flow wasn't nearly as good. And Vader crushed him, so it wasn't as close.
-
Who had the best NFL Rookie season of All-Time?
Sayers rookie year is criminally underrated looking at his stats. He literally did it all. Rushing, receiving, KR & PR and scored a TD in ALL of them his rookie year. Hell, he even threw a TD pass. Marino and Sayers are neck and neck for me. Marino was amazing no doubt. You just don't put up those kind of numbers for a rookie QB, and he did it with very few games played. It's very close with those two IMO. (I'll say Marino now, though I could wake up tomorrow and easily change my opinion to Sayers)
-
Stephan Hawking turns 70
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 7, 2012 -> 03:42 PM) I read his wiki page out of boredom today. Interesting. So did I. Really interesting stuff I didn't know about him. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 7, 2012 -> 04:37 PM) My grandma had ALS. Thus, my respect for Stephen Hawking grows 10 fold. He's really amazing as a human. Here's him rapping vs. Albert Einstein That was actually not bad.
-
Get drunk in 2K12
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 08:42 AM) Which one of you got to clean up the barf? He did. It was his place. (I did help him out... alittle)
-
Get drunk in 2K12
Me and my boy brought home 2 girls from a bar tonight. We were chillin, f***in around having a good time (me and said buddy tryin to get it in), and one throws up all over the place in the bathroom and her girl had to take her home. Ruined the whole night. Typing this with my buzz gone too.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 11:59 PM) The Thunder are definitely up there with the Bulls and Heat but I feel as if there is still something missing or wrong with that team and it just might be Russell Westbrook if that makes sense... If he had Rondo's brain, that team would be even more deadly. He'll flash his superior athleticism, good vision, etc. but his overall decision making with the ball/basketball I.Q. is below average for a guy with his tools. Raymond Felton had harsher words a couple days ago..
-
Happy Birthday smalls2598!
Biggie smalls... biggie smalls... biggie smalls... Happy b-day bro. :cheers
-
2012 Cubs thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:10 AM) Pffff. Only to morons who can't smell a starf***er when it's right under their nose. Listen, when the girl's argument is she "passed out" presumably from being wasted, it's hard to believe Castro would just get on top and start banging her. She was into it, and realized there's a good chance for cash. Agreed.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:02 AM) Predicting an NHL playoff run is next to impossible. One hot goalie and everyone is f***ed. Yes and their goalie just happens to be one of the best in the game and who won the Vezina last year (and was also unstoppable in the playoffs) and their backup is a starter on almost every team. I can't see Thomas just lose it all of a sudden. Bruins play a very disciplined team defense as well which helps too. They are going to be very hard to beat for anyone especially with the added experience. Didn't say they will repeat, but they have a good chance barring injuries, one of the best post lockout shots to do it.
-
2012 MLB Catch All thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:04 AM) MLBInsideNews Scott Swaim #Breaking: Kendrys Morales is considering retirement as he meets with Dr. In Colorado. If he gets bad news from the ankle specialist (cont) MLBInsideNews Scott Swaim ... he may retire. He doesn't want to do another surgery. This all according to a source familiar with his thinking. Just unbelievable to see one freak play in a joyful moment potentially end a guy's career like that.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
My god the Bruins look unstoppable. Very good chance they can repeat, especially with their experience in the playoffs already with 95% of their cup winning team still there.
-
Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?
I think this rumor is legit.
-
Get drunk in 2K12
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 04:44 AM) Actually, some women die from giving birth. Not to mention some women in the world actually can't give birth at all whatever deficiency they have.
-
Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?
DirtySox is gonna cream his pants if the sox get McGuire. I know he likes him alot as a prospect. (don't mind him either though)