Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 08:55 PM) They don't have the money to go after a real goalie unless they trade one of their premier players Cap is going up next season and guys like Brunette, Oduya (although I hope they resign him) Mayers, O'Donnell, Lepisto etc. (and Huet as far as real money) are off the books. Not saying they should trade for a high cap hit like Ryan Miller, but someone like Al Montoya for example (local guy, FA) would have been ideal. Hell even a guy in Rockford (didn't Salak post better numbers in preseason than Emery?) pushing Crawford would have made sense. And I'm sure Frolik will be getting shopped this offseason.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!
Congrats to one of my favorite players growing up getting his first win as a manager!
-
White Sox @ Rangers
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 08:30 PM) Only when Brian Anderson was partying with Kinsler at Univ of ARIZ and Kinsler was hungover could the Sox possibly get him out, especially Danks. Still amazing to me watching those two in college that Kinsler ended up being the much better player.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
Hawks resign Emery to a one year extension worth 1.15 million. Awful. Hawks will once again have two backups going into next season. (unless Crawford goes Jimmy Howard after the sophomore slump) QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 02:26 PM) Hope they can score on quick. Not sure losing that way is a good thing or not. Looks like it'll be Phoenix the Hawks will face.
-
White Sox @ Rangers
Maybe I should turn the T.V. off. We started falling apart after I turned to the game.. And I'm very pissed I changed my PTC from Konerko to Flowers. Ugh...
-
Sleeper prospects
Always liked Leighton Pangilinan and Daniel Webb. (when he was drafted by Toronto) Hoping Pangilinan can put it together this year. Like a couple guys in GFs too.
-
PTC Saturday April 7th, 2012
King Kong. Flowers.
-
The Official Soxtalk Predict 2012 poll
They'll shock some people. 86-89.
-
PTC Friday April 6th, 2012
Dunn.
-
White Sox @ Texas Rangers April 6 OPENING DAY GAME THREAD
Don't know how the hell I'm gonna watch with little to no sleep, but dammit I'm watching.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
My sister is pregnant. Gonna be a first time uncle. (at first excited and wanted to kill her boyfriend all mixed in, but calmed down later on)
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 01:09 AM) I'm fine playing the Red Wings, would rather avoid LA . Yea Hawks struggle badly against teams with good goalies. Not that Howard is bad, but guys like Quick and Rinne are much better. Add solid defense and the Hawks won't make it out the first. Ideally, Dallas would be the team to face (or SJ) but hey... gotta beat the best whoever you face anyways right?
-
Nate Jones makes team as 12th pitcher
Ha my boy! Damn he's come a long way. Always loved his potential. Sick stuff although I always wanted to see him make it as a starter.
-
Danks named Opening Day Starter
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 04:40 PM) I'm not sure what you mean. He always starts on that date? I don't recall that joke at all. Wow.. lost a s*** ton of cool points in my book Milk.
-
BOLD Sox Predictions
My boy John Danks pitches like an ace (and I mean has ace type numbers). A.J. has a horrible year. Reed will be a top 3 closer in baseball numbers wise.
-
Trayvon Martin
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 01:52 PM) Impossible to tell. Please.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 07:24 AM) 9-1-1 since the Oduya trade, all without #19. They will probably be without Keith for a bit too.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 09:25 AM) Wright is 5-10. Enough with the short guys. He's not even fast, either. No no no. I have no problem with them turning him into the next Eddie Royal for Cutler in that sense. Already have your 6'4 freak in Marshall and Bennett is 6'0. Knox is probably done and Hester is more of a screen guy/ST player anyways. Much rather have him than Hill anyways, despite his physical freakness (as fathom already eluded to his hands). I think they'll use 6'7 Davis more in the red zone as well. For the record though, I'm with LittleHurt. I'd rather see them go with a different position (OL or DE) in the 1st.
-
Happy Birthday BigSqwert
Happy birthday sucka.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 09:29 AM) Um, Dwight is nowhere near the best post player in the league. That's actually one of his biggest problems is he hasn't developed a dominant post game. That part of the game is leaving sadly. Makes me still appreciate what guys like Kobe Bryant for example does with little things like that. Alot of the fundamentals are gonna be lost arts/extinct very soon in this "new era".
-
2012 AL Central Catch-All thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 04:51 PM) Soria possibly headed to Tommy John surgery. Possibly his second one.. yikes.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 08:55 AM) It might be their best ever. All that means is the Bears have had an awful QB history. And WR history (people saying the same thing with Marshall just like Cutler when the Bears traded for him). But dammit we have an awesome history with RBs and LBs!
-
Time to change Viciedo's position again
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 08:13 PM) I know he had a prodigious homer in one of the intrasquad games, but he's really, really struggling now. 4/28, lots of K's and LOB. But we have no choice but to go with him and roll the dice. He was signed to be a franchise cornerstone/building block. He'll be struggling till about May/June. (just like Alexei, and just like he has the past two seasons in the minors) It's the Cuban way.
-
Sun-Times: Trades Will Happen Soon if Sox Fail
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 08:08 PM) Fine, you want to call me out? Here's my statement. Peavy and Pierzynski come off the books next year saving $27 million. There are other things that expand slightly, but this statement is correct. Your statement that John Danks is getting paid $2 million this year? That statement was wrong. Peavy and Pierzynski are paid $27 million this year and that money comes off the books. That statement is true. I was willing to let it slide, but you want to be a *****, fine, I'll get technical on you. Wow.. rare you see Balta showing some fire in his post.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 03:03 PM) SS2k5 = The road to 100,000 Q has got my vote for poster of the year so far. He's been amazing.