Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 02:24 AM) In an ideal world, Hardin and Wright is a nice safety tandem. Conte did ok last year, but I'm not sold on him as a starter, and I've never liked Craig Steltz. And more important than anything: no Harris and no Meriweather. In an ideal world, Conte and Hardin is our FS and SS combo for a number of years.
  2. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 10:43 PM) Notice that K. Walker's now moved up to 2nd in the Kanny line-up. Saladino's close to recovering from his tepid start. 3/5, 2B and homer, 3 RBI's, at .237 after being well below the Mendoza line for most of April. He's clearly the best legitimate 3B candidate we have to replace Morel within the system... He's been en fuego for a good stretch here. Check out his OBP and BB/SO last 10 games.. sick. And personally, I think his glove is wasted if he moves to 3B (from what I've seen and remember, he has a pretty damn good glove at SS). And Mitchell might start moving up in the order soon.
  3. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    Mitchell is still struggling against lefties. If he even hits slightly below average against them, then I'll get excited, though this is nice to see from him as far as hitting overall. I'll send alittle love to Marcus Semien who is really heating up. I know fathom was a fan of his when he was drafted.
  4. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 02:17 AM) Player A: 4.72 40 yd dash, 13 bench press reps, 33 inch vertical, 120 inch broad jump, 7.11 3 cone drill, 4.34 20 yd shuttle (6'6, 240) Player B: 4.63 40 yd dash, 19 bench press reps, 31.5 inch verical, 118 inch broad jump, 7.07 3 cone drill, 4.33 20 yd shuttle (6'3, 260) Player B is Shea McClellin. Player A is Jared Allen. Am I saying he's going to be Jared Allen? Of course not. Should we give the guy a chance? Absolutely. Outstanding post and that kid actually reminds me alot of Allen comming out (ya I said it).
  5. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 08:44 AM) Turner seemed to forget Rose already hates his f***ing guts. Those two have s*** talked each other since high school. This potential matchup will only add to the chapter.
  6. SoxAce replied to Marty34's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    The future is now..
  7. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 09:05 PM) There aren't a ton of UFA goalies this summer, but the RFA crop is interesting. Carey Price, Tukka Rask, Ondrej Pavelec, Corey Schneider. I wonder if a competitive offer to Pavelec would prevent Winnipeg from re-signing him. He had a bit of a down year, but they also have a ton of cap space. Hawks can't get a RFA this summer due to not enough draft picks. (from the Oduya deal) Schneider would be amazing, but Hawks have to go to the UFA route. Perhaps a guy like Montoya if they trade Crawford.
  8. Respect... feels good man.......
  9. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    Keenyn Walker with a 5 game hitting streak. Hasn't struck out in 3 straight games either.
  10. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:06 PM) If he's there at 19, I'd have a hard time passing on that talent. He's a physical specimen and pairing him with Marshall on the outside with Bennett in the slot, combining that with Forte/Bush? That's a deadly offense. Plus, I'd love to get my hands on Dwayne Allen or Orson Charles at TE. But if you can trade down a few picks and add another pick, I wouldn't be against it, depending on who's available. It's hard to speculate until it unfolds. Bears could definitely use a Z. Marshall is a stud X (who can play Z as well) and this allows Bennett to move to the slot where he's great at. But I agree with Balta that Peppers definitely needs help from getting double (sometimes triple) teamed so much. I'd also go DE.
  11. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 07:46 PM) Why? The Hawks have had a tonight of possessions and periods they dominated and come away empty. They have NOT been outplayed inthis series, and to say that is just wrong. They've been getting killed at the dot, losing way more board battles and are way less physical. Other than better defense (which tells the story with the shot differential and the goalies) I'm not seeing where you can say the Hawks dominated other than perhaps in the offensive zone. I will disagree with them being outplayed, but they have not outplayed Phoenix either.
  12. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 01:44 PM) Dunn 8 for 19 against Millwood, 6 HR. So your saying I should change my PTC?
  13. De Aza is fun to watch at the top of the order. And more young players are playing instead of vets helps too.
  14. Happy B-Day Jason.
  15. I would just like to post in this historic thread of course.
  16. I missed this game cuz I was sleeping but damn Humber.. always had the ability. Like I said before, I was a big fan of his comming out of Rice. After his Tommy John surgery, never thought he would be the same guy, but he's proven alot of people (including myself) wrong. Pretty cool his wife is expecting as well. Great story.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.