Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 08:41 PM) I'd bet it's gone by 2014/2015. I really don't want to put another one of your "outstanding predictions" on my sig anymore Steven. (Although I agree with you 100% on Bowman)
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 10:45 PM) Obviously with Rose you're sharing that with like a million other people I got Rose's #25 Simeon jersey... take that!
-
*Official* Work Out Thread
f*** this. I'm gonna be committed again. Sis and future brother-n-law are doing Insanity right now. Ima do it when I wake up around 2 pm or so (stupid Insomnia) and hit the weights a bit at my job since there's a gym in there. Summer weather is upon us...
-
2012 TV Thread
QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 12:57 AM) I'm not an Andrea fan at all and I thought she was great this week. Someone has needed to b**** out Lori for a long time. Agreed. By far her best episode.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Looks like Wade broke Kobe's nose. Here it was.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
Well hey, at least Bowman made a deal to get the incredible Brendan Morrison!
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 09:36 PM) That game nicely summed up LeBrons career so far. Afraid to take the last shot? Pretty much. Even Kobe was giving it to him in that situation. (especially when he was taking the ball out of bounds) This guy should be the best to ever play the game (has every talent imaginable in one guy, extremely blessed) and will still be a H.O.F. cause of his gifts, but I'll always say "what if." Hell, if he had half of Kobe's drive/will he would just be even more insane. (probably would have a championship or two by now also) Just my personal opinion.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 09:43 PM) Well Orlando certainly lucked out with the Dunk Contest this year eh. It's gotten comically bad throughout the years. Add the stupid rule change this year and the ridiculous props for a couple years goin now and it's a joke. I'd rather watch Vince Carter at age 35 (with half his athleticism left) own these fools.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Take it for what it's worth.
- Happy Birthday iamshack!
-
Happy Birthday Steve9347!
Little late to the party, but happy belated you b****.
-
A Lot for White Sox to Overcome
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 19, 2012 -> 10:23 PM) Not a chance. QUOTE (MAX @ Feb 19, 2012 -> 10:49 PM) There is a chance. 100:1 maybe You both are unbelievable.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 19, 2012 -> 04:27 PM) Not to take away from LBJ's great season but both he and Wade feast on a lot of layups and dunks... They won't get those in the playoffs, especially in the 4th qtr. Minus dunks, Derrick Rose is close to James as far as baskets in lay up attempts and makes. And D-Wade averages less lay up attempts and makes than both of them (Rose has less dunks) but has nearly identical numbers to Rose in baskets at the rim (126 to 124) and baskets from 9 to 16 ft. Rose, of course, shoots more 3's (although James has attempted 54 of them to Rose's 100). My point is, that is a big part of those guys games, and barring injury slowing them down (ala Rose last year), they will get to the rim. (certainly not at will as much with tighter defensive schemes, but they will a good amount)
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Lin. 28 points (11-20 FG), 4 rebounds, 14 assists, 5 steals, 1 block (7 TO) in 45 minutes. Wow.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
I hate to hear this about a good person and friend. Echo everyone's statements here bro. I got you. Don't be afraid to ask.
-
Get drunk in 2K12
Wasted last night, s***faced tonight!!
-
Sox sign Kosuke Fukudome
His career OBP is way too high for Jeff Manto's liking.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Very sad to hear this.. Former Bear Tommie Harris wife passed away. Wife of former Bears DT Tommie Harris dead at 29.
-
2012 TV Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 13, 2012 -> 09:15 AM) The show is just like the comic book. I think people are expecting it to be this crazy action movie zombie show. The comic is not like that at all. Can't please everybody I guess. I'm fine with what I've seen of this show so far.
-
2012 TV Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 13, 2012 -> 08:49 AM) Yeah, I'm finally dropping it. Not a chance for me. I said that a while back, but this damn show keeps luring me in. Interested to see what happens with certain characters.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 12, 2012 -> 01:40 PM) He's having Allen Iverson injuries. The little guys get beaten down when they play in the forest of the big men. He had the same back problems when he was a senior at Simeon.. when he was one of the biggest/strongest guys on the court. Then again.. he's been getting beat up for years as well.
-
(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead
R.I.P. Whitney. My mother had the same birthday and was born the same year (not to mention drew comparisons of a look-a-like to Whitney and she sung), so she was pretty saddened by it. Just an amazing voice, very talented. Such a shame.
-
Happy Birthday shipps & kev211!
Happy B-Day fellas. You guys.... :wub:
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
Some of us should take shots every time Crawford loses his net. Should be a good hospital trip.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 11:53 PM) Depends on the system he's in really. D'Antoni's offense is just so PG friendly, Lin can chuck up 25 shots a game ATM if he wants to. With the way he's shooting the basketball currently, of course he's going to have some big nights. Well that and there has to be something very good about a player to make him special. Steve Nash for example doesn't need D'Antoni's system to succeed with is spectacular vision and outstanding shooting despite being un-athletic. His system isn't just good for PGs either, big men can also benefit. Luckily for David Lee, it was fitting like a glove when he went to Golden State.