Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2012 -> 04:37 PM) Baron just suffered one of the worst knee injuries you'll ever see He's done. Sad way to go out. Took the injury like a G though. No wincing at all. Donald Sterling is still an asshole with what he help do to Davis.
-
Play-by-Play
Can't believe no one mentioned Gary Thorne.
-
PTC Tuesday May 8th, 2012
AJ.
-
*Official* Work Out Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:05 AM) Ok, so if you are able to complete it again, is there some way to modify the program so that you can sustain a high level of fitness but without going all nuts about it? Yes, but it's completely up to me to stop eating so late. I usually get enough of a workout at work, but the constant eating is what kills me. I'll either have to do this when I get out of work (very tired, not giving 100% of the effort) or do it when I wake up and try to stop the eating (and bad at that) when I get out at 5 in the morning.
-
Chris Sale is now the CLOSER?!/Until he's not (Update)
Most relievers are failed starters (in the minors or majors). I still remember when LaTroy Hawkins was awful as a SP.
-
*Official* Work Out Thread
QUOTE (Reddy @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:16 AM) good luck man! insanity's tuffffff i just don't like cardio. I've done it before. Finished the whole program two years ago and lost 40 pounds. Was in the best shape of my life.. then I got a job on the night shift and it all went downhill. (even worse) QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:16 AM) G!...why do you keep trying to do that crazy program? It's not maintainable! Do you have access to P90X? No I do not, but I do it because I like the challenge. I was once a track star in high school (also all city in baseball, take that Jerry Owens!) so I always liked to run. Plus, that program has no weights which is good for me since I have none here and my body is more than enough weight these days.
-
*Official* Work Out Thread
I've been lifting weights for a bit here (I'm stronger, but still overweight), but gonna start Insanity again. I pray I stick to it this time as the night shift life sucks at times.
-
Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 7, 2012 -> 07:10 AM) Time for a little bit of K23 luck on this one. I plan on making two game threads today, so Humber better be on his s*** GO GO WHITE SOX!! For someone who hates nicknames/abbreviations for players, that one for yourself is awful.
-
PTC Monday May 7th, 2012
Rios.
-
Get drunk in 2K12
What a f***ing night last night!
-
5/5 games
W-S unfortunately had the pleasure of meeting the beast that is Matt Barnes.
-
PTC Sunday May 6th, 2012
Konerko.
-
Happy Birthday SoxFanForever, Brian, flippedoutpunk, & DrunkBomber
Happy B-Day to all, especially my boy FOP!
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 3, 2012 -> 09:10 AM) Offseason basketball, I wonder how the contract works with that.... I was just about to post this...
-
PTC Thursday May 3rd, 2012
Konerko.
-
4/30 Games
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:57 PM) 12 IP, 7 BB, 16K, 6 hits against. That is impressive. Well counting today's game, that would be 14.1 IP, 9 H, 7 BB, 17 SO.
-
The Off-day boredom thread
QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 11:56 AM) JFP ^^^^ Yea this.
-
PTC Tuesday May 1st, 2012
De Aza.
-
2012 MLB Catch All thread
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 11:34 PM) Strasburg tears through the Dodgers for most of the game. 9 k's and 5 hits in his 7 IP, along with a double at the plate. It's amazing to me what he's doing this season. Usually it takes two years to really be back where you were after TJ surgery. It's like he never missed a beat watching him pitch out there.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 06:37 PM) Davis was barely 19 when he tore his ACL. Rose is 23. That's not too much different. Four years. Rose has much more mileage on his body.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 10:57 AM) Baron Davis tore his ACL in college yet still recovered enough to become the 3rd overall pick in the draft and have an nice 13 year career. DRose wasn't 100% all season and many who now think if he comes back at anything less will make the Bulls non contenders for a title weren't feeling that way 24 hours ago when he couldn't have been more than 80-85%. He was not the same guy watching him in college. I guess the good news for him was he tore it at such a young age that he still had some good pre (some during) prime years on it. Anyone that saw Davis pre ACL surgery knows he was damn athletic. Had some great moments in the NBA athletically (hell he was probably the second strongest PG for nearly a decade after Billups so he was serviceable down the line when the speed/agility left with his size and strength not to mention he had a bit of a post game), but declined in that area quickly.
-
4/29 Games
Salandino's defense is criminally underrated. And Blanke has a 10 game hit streak going. Nice to note every affiliate won today as well.
-
Pale Hose vs. Carmines 4/29/2012
Haha at "This Dick."
-
PTC Sunday April 29th, 2012
De Aza.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 08:09 AM) This is the most crushed I've been as a sports fan. Does anyone think Rose will ever be the same? He won't even with the rehab. That 3.5 second speed up the open court? probably gone. His 40 inch vertical? gone. I'm just hoping his b-ball i.q. gets higher and has the vision. He'll still be damn good, but not ridiculously good. I hope he proves me wrong. I was crushed when Baron Davis blew his out when he was young. I still miss his athleticism.