Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Would You Sign Danks to the "Weaver" Deal?
I loved him since his days as a prospect in Texas forming the DVD trio (with Volquez and Diamond). Still has alot of potential left and at age 26, his best days are well ahead. Absolutely, but like I've said before, I think highly of him than most here. Though I've said give him Buehrle money (4/56), Weaver is a bit more than that.
-
What is your favorite Simpsons episode?
- Get Lillibridge Games at Short
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 06:33 PM) If we had a suitable replacement in AA/AAA then you'd have some chips to bring to the table. But an infield of Morel/Escobar/Beckham from an offensive standpoint would literally kill me. As I would drink more and most certainly develop cirrhosis of the liver. You've just seen a .169/.297/.298/.595 and a .212/.253/.313/.566 season from Adam Dunn and Alex Rios. I think you can stomach a 5'10 150 lb young, cost controlled SS putting up 1995-96 Ozzie Guillen numbers. In fact, I remember the same people saying the same thing about Rios last season when me and Dick Allen wanted to get rid of him during the off-season. Hindsight is always 20/20 every year.- White Sox Winner!
Love watching Tyler Flowers approach at the plate. Just a breath of fresh air.- 8/21 Games
Wilkins has been very good as well. Love his patience. Won't turn 23 till September so he isn't too old at that level.- PTC Sunday August 21st, 2011
Morel.- i am drunk
- White Sox Winner
QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 09:12 PM) Go ahead, DL Quentin and let those who have a woody for Viciedo rejoice. Too bad he's hurt too. Definitely the worst time for Quentin to get an injury. Viciedo wouldn't help us right now with his hand still not 100%.- 8/20 games
23 homers now for Trayce.- PTC Saturday August 20th, 2011
Konerko.- Humber Placed on DL
QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:42 PM) Kinney's got that valuable World Series experience that we're going to need later on. This post needed more love.- PTC Friday August 19th, 2011
Alexei.- Jim Hendry is out as GM
Son of a b****. That is the best thing that could ever happen to that franchise was getting rid of him. Now get rid of Wrigley Field (as well as most of that front office) and I might have to start taking the Cubs alot more seriously in winning.- AJP to DL w/ fractured wrist
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 08:38 PM) Garfein says he hopes to be back september 1 He can take his time.. I love me some OBP.- Humber takes line drive to head, removed from game
Second time he was hit in the face with a line drive in the last two years. Last year he was hit by his mouth/cheekbone. (needed 18 stitches)- All Things Rick Hahn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:18 AM) That nickname is terrible. Guillen is the one with a twitter feed, two websites, and a facebook page. Williams wants nothing to do with the media. I am taking the nickname back. He might be talking about KW's typical party nights and womanizing...- All Things Rick Hahn
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 07:56 AM) And Dunn's contract was market value, the number of years wasn't ridiculous, and the salary wasn't overcumbersome. The main problem with these deals is that they players arent/werent producing. I find it hilarious people say that it was awful now, as if they knew he was going to have one of the worst seasons in MLB history after he signed it.- PTC Thursday August 18th, 2011
Flowers.- 2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 06:06 PM) I'm surprised LeBron's entourage didn't try to confiscate this video. Maybe because that wasn't being "dunked on"?- All Things Rick Hahn
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 04:02 PM) Hahn's supposed to be one of the best negotiators in all of baseball. He is also a very big saber guy.- PTC Wednesday August 17th, 2011
TCQ.- AJP to DL w/ fractured wrist
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 05:12 PM) NO f***ING TRIPLES? He was saving them for the bigs. Already has 1 in the books. Hopefully Tyler takes a hold of this chance. Would love to see him rake from here on out.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNAAAAAAH!!!
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 12:41 AM) Seriously, this team is drawing me back in again and that scares the s*** out of me because I know it's just going to end in heart break. It sickens me. But I love watching the young players right now. Missed this particular game, but I love seeing 5 triples (2 by De Aza, and 1 by.. Flowers?!?!) and an exciting win to the end by the sox.- Flowers, Lillibridge and De Aza helping the Sox win
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 09:56 AM) Are lap dances REALLY $50??? I remember $10 and then $20, but $50??? Is that at SCORES in NYC? Must be 15 years or so since I've set foot foot in one...I guess the economy is working well for some professions, or inflation. I remember when White Castle burgers were like 30 something cents back in the days, hell even 80 cents not THAT long ago... Less to my surprise when I went to one not too long ago (first time in a few years I went to one) Ugh. Oh well, at least I took out all my "frustration" on the toilet.- Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 09:14 AM) Which brings us back to my original point that he's already a bust, the level to which is still being determined. Well we'll see if we can salvage him at LG then, since he has improved his run blocking leaps and bounds (which was what I meant from the 180 comment from that and his pass blocking) - Get Lillibridge Games at Short