Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 06:15 PM) Win or lose, playoffs or not, I think we can agree on one thing. The 2011 Chicago White Sox are one of the toughest Sox teams to figure out in a LONG time. They are also one of the most boring. And I this is comming from someone who hasn't caught alot of games this year.
  2. QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 09:42 PM) You moan about our lousy offense and want to trade CQ, one of the two guys on our team that can hit? Confusing to me. 3 hits tonight and we win. We'll obviously take it, but wow, our offense is abysmal. QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 10:08 PM) I don't really want to see 10 more shutouts the rest of the season. Dealing CQ for pitching will not be good. Not all the time greg seriously PWNs a poster. Nicely done.
  3. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 10:52 PM) At least they know their baseball (for the most part). I say Cubs fans are worse. And you would be wrong.
  4. QUOTE (kageman129 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 08:02 PM) Seriously, lets do this . . . I mean, I've been hoping for a rebuild mode for the last 4 years. I'm tired of watching this losing baseball (or barely winning baseball) . . . Lets get some young blood in here. Sell off Danks, Quentin, Thornton Since when the hell is 26 years of age old? Everyone here knows my feelings on Danks. I want this guy signed here for a few years. He still has alot of untapped potential. I'm by far the highest on him than anyone on our staff.
  5. QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 08:07 AM) Jacob Turner, and Nick Castellanos pretty much. Drew Smyly as well.. sad he is probably their 3rd best prospect.
  6. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 12:15 AM) The safety tandem is better with Wright at FS and Harris at SS than it was with Manning at SS and Harris at FS. Sure, they'll lose an elite return man, but that hasn't been problem area for the Bears since Glyn Milburn. With Hester and Knox, they'll be just fine. Not to mention Manning is an awful Safety. Very athletic, but has a low football I.Q.
  7. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 06:55 AM) I thought the Bears had interest in winning; I guess I was wrong. LOL, just noticed your sig. Wow, still rocking it eh? That's over a year of prime real estate! EDIT: Let me go and say that I'm disgusted that the Bears chased down Roy Williams with the amount of talent that's on the market. Had its 1 year anniversary not too long ago!
  8. Carlos "Lets up that trade value" Quentin.
  9. http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...ams-source-says QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:22 PM) The Bears will have no interest in Roy Williams. My god.. I thought you learned your lesson Steven.
  10. QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:16 AM) vxmcclure23 vaughn mcclure Credible source says Rashied Davis has not agreed to terms with the Lions yet. Bears are still in the mix. NOOOOOOOOOOO Missed you bro.
  11. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:13 AM) Hell, with the Bears' O-line, they needed blocking a lot more than receiving last year anyway. And Olsen is not a very good blocking TE. (though he has improved, but he had nowhere to go but up in that department)
  12. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:00 AM) I hate Mike Martz. Greg Olsen is a solid weapon, so why trade him? Everything Martz has done or brought to Chicago has failed majorly, so why trust him in not wanting Olsen? He hates using TE's in his system other than blocking. Always has.
  13. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:02 AM) In all honesty, I've never even seen him play the position. Someone who has (this season) would have a lot better take on projecting him down the line. Error totals in A ball don't mean very much at all... I saw him in college. He was good then, and judging from scouting reports (maybe a few posters who catch Kanny games can chime in here), he still is good now. I think even futuresox had a writeup on him being a good defensive SS. I don't wanna hype him up too much cause obviously he is no Alexei/Vizquel.
  14. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:45 AM) One more name off the KW radar for 2012. Considering what could happen in the few days here, sox might be going the young route anyway.
  15. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    It was talked about with Beckham cause he wasn't a very good defensive SS in college (serviceable yes, but not good) He also played some 3B and 2B in the minors (though it wasn't very much as he ascended to the bigs quickly). He also had a winter to work on his fielding at a new position which was gonna be his future position with this team. I don't know how you can talk about our future being clear at 3B and 2B when your relying on a prospect who can boom or bust (as can all prospects) to make it or even entertain a discussion of position change, especially one who is a very good defensive SS. (and this isn't even acknowledging 30+ year old Alexei if you wanna go the age route) I just brought up Saladino is a SS, that was it.
  16. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:33 AM) AJ really hasn't done much in the way of personal accomplishments though. 14 and 56 are clearly getting retired. Konerko especially. And I'll give the new poster a break since he didn't know I was kidding. I saw him type A.J. and was thinking "... the f*** is this?"
  17. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:24 AM) The moment when our future is crystal clear at both 3B and 2B, that's when you can fully nip it in the bud. Jesus. He has NOT played 1 game at 3B or 2B. I could see if he's played a few games in his career at those positions, even in the minors, but he's played SS every game since he turned pro. (and rightfully so, he is a very good defensive SS)
  18. QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:21 AM) I think eventually, AJ, Boner, and Buehrle will have retired #'s and statues. Might as well put Scotty Pods out there while were at it....
  19. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:03 AM) The sound you just heard was the sound of Kenny Williams hanging up the phone. I think I'll trust bucket-of-suck's post more when he said this. QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:55 PM) The White Sox DID NOT & DO NOT want Colby Rasmus. There was a deal with the Cards to acquire him if they wanted but they declined. Rasmus exemplifies exactly what this team is steering clear of going forward and I applaud that: La Russa was asked whether Rasmus is listening and responded tartly. "Well, he's listening to somebody," the manager said. Asked whether Rasmus is listening to the Cardinals' coaches, he was more direct. "No, he doesn't listen to the Cardinal coaches much now, and that's why he gets in these funks, in my opinion," La Russa said.
  20. QUOTE (Disco72 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:20 AM) Based on this thread, it appears is defense is SO bad that the Sox would legitimately have a "where would he play?" situation considering that 1B and DH are tied up for awhile. He is a decent LF.
  21. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:07 PM) Saladino is becoming an interesting prospect due to a very healthy ISO. Maybe he's our 3B in a few seasons. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:09 AM) Will be interesting to see where they eventually move Saladino...3B or 2B. Ok, I'm going to nip this in the bud. When the hell did Tyler Saladino become a 3B or even a 2B? Dude has played SS since his college days at Palomar. (in fact.. I loved the selection of him last year in the 7th round) He is also a very good defensive SS.
  22. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:22 PM) Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. I'd give Emery a much better chance in that case. Would be a win-win. Rockford has s*** for goalies down there (no offense Alec Richards) so it would be a good environment for a young team to have a solid goalie down there to help them win games.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.