Everything posted by SoxAce
-
PTC Saturday July 16th, 2011
TCQ.
-
2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 09:54 AM) See, that's exactly why I think being concerned about him so far is unfair and moving him up now is a question mark...he hasn't hit great at any level, but for all practical purposes his 2010 season was a washout due to that illness. Well your guess is as good as any when questioning the brass on moving guys up when the results don't show. Hell just this year, they moved Blanke up when he was in a 2-32 slump or something like that.
-
2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 09:45 AM) Given how much injury time he took last year, I'm just not sure that now is the time to "See what we have in him". I start saying that when I'm convinced there's nothing more that a kid can learn at that level (see: Viciedo, Dayan). Phegley's pushed up so rapidly this year that I'd be easily convinced there's more he can learn at AA. I just don't think the sox brass is as high on him as they were with say... Flowers at the time (though I can be wrong obviously). He really hasn't hit studly at any particular level since he was drafted (unless you want to count the .292/.337/.427/.764 in 89 ABs in A ball). The sox have done this before with prospects however. Hit average at a level, but push them to see if they can catch lightning in a bottle (or to work with the right hitting coach), especially for a higher pick to justify it.
-
2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 07:45 AM) That's an aggressive move upwards for Phegley. Has he been hitting well enough to belong in AAA? Got to see what you have in him for quite a reach of a pick (depending who you ask) at the time.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 12:50 PM) Sources are saying that Frolik will indeed be at the Blackhawks convention this weekend, which is a good sign that a deal could be done. EDIT: Done SOON, that is. 2.3 mil cap hit. EDIT: Just a rumor right now though.
-
PTC Friday July 15th, 2011
Justin Verlander. Konerko.
-
7/14 Games
Nice start for Dexter Carter. Just consistency from start to start, then I'll be happy.
-
Sox fielding calls for Edwin Jackson
QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 07:20 AM) Well if you are concerned that Dunn can't handle the mental aspects of DHing, maybe moving Dunn to LF has some logic to it. If that's the case, Alonzo can slide into the DH spot next year. Having said that, I'm not buying that his struggles are relating to DHing though. I have absolutely no idea how you got that out of my post. I was more or less talking about his salary.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 03:22 PM) The mid 20's kind of blow when you don't have a job. They blow for me and I have a great job (problem is.. I work night shift so.. Friday and sometimes Saturday nights out the door!)
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 09:26 AM) And they had to cut dollars. They didn't have a choice. They couldn't shop around and wait for a good deal to come along. The cap mandated moves had to be made that didn't involve getting salary back. On guys like Steeg, Eager, Niemi, Sopel, Burish etc. your right.. though I still think they could of kept Ladd.
-
Sox fielding calls for Edwin Jackson
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 03:05 PM) You could probably get Alonzo from the Reds for Edwin and flip him. Sad thing is, I would LOVE to keep Alonzo as the sox don't have anyone remotely close to him as a 1B prospect or even a prospect in general, but we have that Konerko guy (barring rebuild) and can't even stick him at DH cause of Dunn. (Alonzo can play LF, but is much better defensively as a 1B)
-
Jeter gets #3,000 on a HR
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 01:56 AM) Jeter is a good player but on any other team he would prob be a fringe HoF and a 2B but since his career was with the Yankees it gave him the chance to be what he is and props to him for it. Now I think Jeter is as overrated as anybody, but that is a bit harsh.
-
Poll: Viciedo, De Aza, Milledge and Danks
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 08:30 AM) De Aza is intriguing me though. He's putting up great numbers at AAA and the splits show it is not because of Charlotte's park. He also isn't just some older player who came out of nowhere, Florida had him pegged as their opening day starter and a future of their OF a few years back before a really bad injury. I'd love to give him a legit shot here, especially over someone like Pierre. And De Aza could play CF as well I believe Rick Hahn loves him as well.
-
Turn back the clock
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 02:58 PM) Promote Jeff Bajenaru Club: 1. Rockraines 2. Milkman delivers 3. Pastime 4. Sox Hustler 5. NUKE_CLEVELAND 6. knightni 7. ScottPodRulez22 8. SoxFan1 9. Jake Haha. My Ben Davis fan club was one of the biggest fan clubs on this site. (the only fan club bigger was aboz's Buehrle fan club, which oddly enough, was the only one that was actually good for the player)
-
2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 08:24 AM) I wouldn't be surprised if that was half of the reason they were put together. No doubt.. this will be shown.
-
7/11 Games
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 10:13 PM) I'm hoping the Walker draft pick serves as a kick in the ass for both Mitchell and Kenny Jr. Still needs to take a walk or two though (not to mention cut down the K's). Still only 15 ABs for him, so it's still very early (not to mention, he's very raw).
-
7/10 Games
QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 04:00 PM) I'm pretty sure SoxAce just meant he hasn't performed well in games as a pro, but he is still a prospect because of his age and other things you eluded to. Exactly. And glad you have watched him newsoxfan. So far those spring training games haven't gone well in performance for two years, but like I said.. he's still very young.
-
2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread
It'll be interesting to see how they co-exist through time. I could see them butting heads in the future, but who knows.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 02:30 PM) Yeah, clearly Versteeg is sticking everywhere he lands! In all seriousness, come on yo, it was clearly a salary dump so getting "hosed" really doesn't count. There's one thing to get a "salary dump" and still get good pieces for a solid, young, cup winning player (Buff/Eager trade was fantastic) and there's another to get what the Hawks got for Versteeg. (and to make it worse, Toronto turns around and deals him for a 1st and a 3rd rounder)
-
AAP: Garrett Johnson
QUOTE (kyle @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 12:17 PM) He has just returned for a rehab assignment pitched to Adam Dunn in Denver and Chicgo. That will get he confidence up.
-
Future's Game Thread
Harper 0-4 with 2 K's. LOLZ what a bust LOLZ.
-
All-Star Break Prognostication Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 07:55 PM) Not a f***ing thing will happen. And its sad. LOVE snippy Jason.
-
Mid-Season Grades
Just who posted here.. hi8is - C- (posting more, which I like, but getting married severely brings the grade down from a B-) fathom- B (not posting as much as in years past, though some of that is because of the baby, but still one of my personal favorite posters) J4L- A- (incredible year as far as getting into certain ST poster's skin, but with actual facts to back them up as well as post count. Another favorite poster of mine. Should be at the top of the soxtalk poster of year awards for 2011) The Ginger Kid- C (very underrated poster. Doesn't stand out like the others here, but doesn't kill the I.Q. of the site like others do either) FlySox87- N/A (still a rookie) Swingandalongonetoleft- C- (only post when necessarily, which is good. Still another down year from what his potential should truly be for ST.) jeffro2525- N/A (don't know enough about this poster to give a grade) South Side Fireworks Man- C- (same reason as Swingandalongonetoleft) chisoxt- C (same as Swingandalongonetoleft and South Side Fireworks Man, though IMO, he has far better potential with his post, so I gave him a touch higher grade) oldsox- N/A (same as jeffro2525) qwerty- D (absolutely a pathetic year for one of ST's best posters. Went from crushing every poster with ridiculously witty post, to absolutely crushing posters with ridiculously witty pics. Good stuff, but leave that for the ill-informed. He will get the Derek Jeter treatment with the ST awards though, as well as Kalapse) OilCan- B- (though has a low post count, his post actually stand out alot with solid reasoning. Pretty good year for him. Might be a Phil Humber fluke, but this is the "what have you done for me lately" world) GreenSox- N/A (" ") pittshoganerkoff- B- (actually the same reasoning as OilCan) greg775- C (I was actually back and forth with Greg's grade, so I put him in the middle. Not the optimistic senile he's been in year's past, and now has alot of pessimistic post... but are senile. He pisses off alot of posters for alot of reasons to name, but he mush be doing something right and a poster or two have admitted he was their favorite. Is also a regular here, so that helps balance it all out. All in all, one of those posters who you either hate him or love him) chw42- A- (just exploded into the scene this year. Though not a favorite poster of mine [yet] I'll admit, but I love his saber-love post, and is very knowledgeable here. Has future mod potential. Another guy who could be a dark horse for the ST poster of the year, and yes.. I hate those ST awards as you know) Baron- N/A (still a rookie) winninguglyin83- C (great poster on ST for many years, but just has you wanting more in posts. One of those toolsy posters who should be better than what he is, but is solid all around so he gets the solid grade) BigEdWalsh- B- (the old man just keeps on trucking. Has had a much better year than in years past, hence the higher grade) elrockinMT- C (has actually had a very good year in posting, but isn't standing out as much in those post whether that is good or bad. Fits more in the greg mode for me, but not with the same ability to agitate, but more consistent in pessimism over the years, not a flip-flopper) The other posters haven't posted yet so there you go.
-
7/10 Games
QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:23 PM) Shoemaker isn't a prospect, way too old for the level he's playing at, that isn't to say that KW2 is a prospect. He is technically a prospect. Not his fault he's rotting in low A when he raking (or as you said.. the politics). He is 24. Usually the ending/cut off of a "prospects" age (depending on who you ask) is 25-26. He might not be a top prospect (one of those guys you keep an eye on), but he is a prospect. Hell, he is one year older than Kevan Smith who was drafted this year and is in Bristol. (who I, as well as others here, like alot) As terrible as Bradley Salgado is (and yes I'm being harsh on him) he is still a prospect cause of his age. Goes both streets.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:04 PM) I know why they brought him back. They traded a locker room favorite (Versteeg) to get him, and he's relatively young. He's fast as hell, but he just can't score like he should be able to with his speed and talent. Well that and they got absolutely hosed in that trade. Paradis looks like the only worthwhile player that'll fit in our future as a bottom 6 player. And he can't score because he has stone hands. Still though, he creates chances cause of his speed which helps alot. He might fare better having some "protection" with guys like Mayers and Carcillo backing him up though. I just hope this doesn't screw guys like Smith, Kruger or possibly Morin for potential spots.