Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Love the Mirotic pick. Really feel the Bulls got a good value piece there at that spot even if we won't see him in 3-5 years. (Still only 19) Not a big fan of Butler, but you got to admire his work ethic.
  2. QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 07:57 PM) http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-w...t_rambis_062211 At least we don't have to worry about Rambis f***ing up Rubio now. EDIT: Probably at least -- http://twitter.com/#!/JerryZgoda/statu...700640307609600 If true, that would simply be outstanding for the Wolves.
  3. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 03:51 PM) I like Pujols less and less with each new subject about him. I keep telling people he is not what he is portrayed to the media/general public. Though you could say that about any player, but with Pujols it's a complete 180.
  4. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:43 PM) Carlos Sanchez 2-2, 2B, 3 BB tonight for Bristol. Turns 19 in 8 days. 41 BB in 156 AB last year in DSL. Granted, the pitchers are wild in that league so who knows what that means. Could be worth following. Was just going to post this. I'm going to follow him for sure.
  5. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:58 AM) That was a greatly different Hawks team. You never know when one of these vets is going to jump on for a cheap 1 year deal to chase a Cup. This Hawks team as assembled fits that billing extraordinarily well. They are one of a handful of teams you have to look at as a Cup chase. I would think a guy, who is in his prime, would want to get one last big money deal. Besides, he's won the cup before. Not like he is chasing after one.
  6. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 03:37 AM) Vince ain't got too much left in the tank at all. He's soft defensively, and some of shot selection in PHX was cringeworthy to say the least. Well, soft is putting it mildly. He's frustrated me his whole career with his insane athleticism early on, only to be average at best defensively.. (hell, I still think he could of been one of the all time greats if he only had 1/4th the effort to try to be an all around great player. Had all the tools, even the fortitude to have the ball in his hands with the game on the line) Was/Is just a very lazy player.
  7. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 12:06 AM) So, which players do you guys think should be promoted now that we've reached the end of the 1st half? Position player wise, I'd say that Tyler Kuhn, Christian Marrero, Ian Gac, Jose Martinez, Dan Black, Brady Shoemaker, Juan Silverio, Drew Lee and Ross Wilson seem like obvious choices. Position: Viciedo, Marrero, Kuhn, Shoemaker, Black, Silverio, R. Wilson (maybe Short, but would like to see him develop the discipline a bit more) Pitchers: Thompson, Burnside, Arroyo, Remenowsky (Reinzo/Santiago/Petricka later on. They need more time/innings, maybe Leesman, but would like to see him with better control) Most of those were just off the top of my head. (had to check on Silverio and Thompson)
  8. f*** I haven't been keeping track of this... TCQ.
  9. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 11:21 PM) Never a bad thing. If he is constantly making it to the 8th inning, then he is doing something right. Not to mention the highest pitch count of his career is 110. Sox will have to monitor his innings as well later on in the season. (never though I'd be saying that about Humber)
  10. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 10:56 PM) Where did Trayce's eye for the walks come from all of a sudden? Still not hitting very well, but walks and homers are a good combo... He's developing his plate discipline which was what scouts raved about for him in becoming a monster. Still has to develop his overall game, but this is very good news if he can maintain this the whole year. Here is Birmingham's game since Dan likes to slack off. http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...biraax_hunaax_1 Marrero with a nice night.
  11. Only ones I follow (and high on) are Viciedo, Short, Reed, Buch, Reinzo and Thompson. (I just keep a lookout on guys like Dan Black because I've met him before, Gallagher cause he was my sleeper pick two years ago, Marrero cause his situation is a little bit similiar to 07-08 David Cook and Flowers' walk numbers) Oh, though not a prospect, but Shane Lindsay just for the laughs.
  12. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:40 AM) I really don't understand how Viciedo isn't thought of as a top 10-20 prospect in baseball. Yea, say what you will about the sox farm (and it is well deserved of it) but that guy is legit.
  13. Have alot of them, but I'll narrow the list down to about 5... Andrew McCutchen Ichiro Suzuki (still love watching him play the game) Gio Gonzalez King Felix Clayton Kershaw/Tim Lincecum (flip a coin when they both pitch against each other) I'm assuming this thread is for MLB players only so...
  14. SoxAce replied to ILMOU's topic in FutureSox Board
    Brandon Short likes to just flat out rake month after month during a season. Did the same exact thing last year at W-S.
  15. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 11:40 AM) Not this one. I was against the trade as soon as word got out that Hudson was involved. Go back to that thread and you know my stance on it as well. And Cerb, please post more.
  16. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 07:45 AM) Whereas I am guessing it is a mechanical problem or injury if he has lost that much velocity, I wouldn't have a problem with a minor league deal. Yea Charlotte could use another arm/starter. Dolsi and Zaleski are terrible.
  17. That is sad really.. in alot of accounts.
  18. Thank god. I feel like the cup would have been tainted if that Canucks team had their names on it. Enjoy it boston, and way to go out Recchi!
  19. For the love of God please Boston, (and I can't believe I'm rooting for a Boston franchise) win the f***ing cup.
  20. QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 10:19 PM) Daniel Black GRAND SLAM!!! Yeah baby numero doce! Don't care what league it is, 10 RBIs in 3 games is pretty darn cool! My buddy. Homered in 4 straight games and 5 out of his last 6. He is finding that power potential. And Trayce has 13 walks this month!
  21. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 08:56 AM) How do you platoon 3 right handed hitters? I assumed he meant just for Rios and Lillibridge to platoon in CF and leadoff. In which case, you would ask how would you platoon 2 right handed hitters. Well as far as this year... Lillibridge vs RHP: .280/.393/.560/.953 179 OPS+ Rios vs LHP: .266/.284/.344/.627 70 OPS+ (ya well he's much worse vs RHP) Of course we know Ozzie isn't a "stats guy" per se (nor would you platoon Rios, which is is very economically bad from the investment). But I'm sure we all know Viciedo should not be platooned.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.