Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (qwerty @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 02:31 AM) Why has it taken so long to ban real? Stupidity is clearly not enough, evidently, considering there are a few (a few... lolz) still roaming around the place. Even them, i can deal with, if we must. Real? He tops most in that category, and is troll to boot. Please can the guttersnipe before it's too late. Have no problem with him whatsoever. There have been much worse posters in terms of stupidity and pure ignorance. (most are banned) He is terrible in the NBA forums as far as pessimism, but he does know the game better than half the posters when he actually post about the game of basketball, and not two word lines about the "Bulls suck(ing)" or "D-Rose overrated (or garbage)" or "Miami's b****" junk (not to mention his "predictions"). Same can be said here on Pale Hose. Then again, I haven't been around as much as I use to be, so maybe I'm missing something...
  2. That hit from Vancouver was eerily similar to the one Torres gave on Seabrook which turned that whole series around. Blackhawks wound up stomping them a couple games after that as well. Hopefully the same happens with the Bruins.
  3. Happy Belated Jeremy. You know I wouldn't forget about cha.
  4. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 07:50 AM) Yup. He's built like a locomotive. He's been raking of late. And like with Bautista, he showed flashes the previous year. He won't be anything like Bautista, not even half of him. I'd put money on that.
  5. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 03:22 AM) This could very well set up as another pitching duel. It could.. or it could be just King Felix dominating us.
  6. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 10:13 PM) My guess is that Robin wont seriously coach until his youngest child is done with high school. Part of the reason he took this job is that the Sox are going to give him extreme flexibility. So maybe 5 years from now youll see Robin in a dugout, but until then I see him in a role where he can be with his family. Agreed. It's almost the same situation with Maddux in the Cubs org.
  7. This might be the least interested I've been in following the draft since 2003. And I'm dead serious. I have no idea whether it's from not following college baseball that much this year, not hearing about under the radar high schoolers locally or from getting this new job which is night shift, or even not having a first round pick, I've just lost the energy for it.
  8. King Felix. Pierre.
  9. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    Trayce already has 6 walks this month.
  10. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 07:44 AM) Meet See you at the Crossroads... Fixed.
  11. Justin Verlander. Dunn.
  12. QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 02:27 PM) Odd timing considering his recent slump. Agreed, though I've been perplexed on alot of the brass' decisions the last few years.
  13. QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 11:53 PM) Yeah, but where are you going to play him. Gallagher is having a damn fine season as well for the Knights. No offense to Milledge, but I'd just put Marrero at DH and have him and Gallagher rotate some play at 1B (or have Gallagher rotate some at LF with De Aza) Milledge becomes utility OF. De Aza - LF Gallagher - 1B/DH Viciedo - RF Flowers - C Danks - CF Marrero - DH/1B McPherson - 3B A. Garcia - 2B Escobar - SS And Addison Reed's last few outings have been downright outstanding. As I said before, I can see him quickly moving up the system this season.
  14. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:59 AM) He can throw baserunners out alright, but his career passed ball rate is just terrible. Reports on his catching abilities have never been kind. Probably won't matter if he can hit though, which is a big if. That was the hope when he was drafted. Hitter first, work on defensive game later. (the Lucy experiment might have changed the sox org's minds on that regard)
  15. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 10:03 AM) You did forget about Jonathan Sanchez. I believe he was a 25th round pick. Whether that was good scouting or just plain luck is unknown. Otherwise, good post. He is 28. Yes I know, it seems like yesterday he was in the minors. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:57 AM) When your list basically finds a way to exclude Lincecum, Cain, Bumgartner, Posey, Belt, etc., you've sorta made my point for me. And what point would that be? You said they keep "producing ridiculous amount" of young talent. Well, it's not that hard to do when your picking in the top 10 (Cain excluded as he wasn't top 10) of draft picks for 4 years in a row. Belt was the only guy not drafted in the first round and he doesn't even sniff those guys as players. (and I LOVE Belt, not to mention I haven't even counted #6 overall pick Zach Wheeler yet either) Like I said earlier, you still have to make the right picks as well. So kudos to their scouting department.
  16. Heard from work the Mavs won, but didn't see how memorable that win was. Very amazing comeback in the finals. And I really don't feel like typing the pros and mostly cons of getting Ben Gordon back (some posters covered half the cons already), so I'll just step away from that "discussion".
  17. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:19 AM) For being an awful GM, that franchise keeps producing a ridiculous amount of young talent. Ya. Completely sucking for 4 years and being able to draft Lincecum, Cain, Bumgarner and Posey had nothing to do with it. And where is this young talent your finding? Other than Kung Fu Panda (who they signed as a 17 year old) and the others mentioned, everyone else on that team other than Brandon Belt and Brandon Crawford (who aren't even regulars and who I wouldn't consider studs like those mentioned) are 28 and older (unless you consider 28 "young"). Now I will say this. SF does have a very good scouting department (had a good one for a while), and even with high picks like they've had, you still have to make the right decisions and they have done that. (unless you trade a young talent like Liriano away at the time like that one GM's name that is slipping my mind right now did....)
  18. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 07:03 AM) Considering the shape of the Twins, he could certainly get some run at the MLB level too. You watch your mouth boy.
  19. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 08:43 PM) Jeremy Reed is now a member of the Twins organization. It's going to be okay, Gerry. Just when I'm good with him leaving, he just had to come back to my team's division...
  20. QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 03:17 AM) I saw the Waltman/Chyna one briefly.. and I cant possibly put myself through that again Speaking of 1-2-3 kid, is it true about the rumors of him comming back to the WWE?
  21. SoxAce replied to JPN366's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 08:09 AM) If he can keep up that ratio AND his power surge isn't a fluke, he could be a starter at he ML level when you consider his defensive abilities. Already 9 in 190 PA. Had 8 in 502 PA all of last season.
  22. QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 08:27 AM) I enjoyed every second of this. Thank you. What he said.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.