Everything posted by SoxAce
-
PTC Monday September 5th, 2011 - Game 2
Viciedo.
-
Pierre: "Not playing the way I am capable"
QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 07:09 PM) Totally agree. The guy is a class act, works hard and from interviews I've seen seems like a really nice guy. I like him. But, it is pretty apparent he ain't what he used to be. Ditto. Can't do anything with father time however. His speed is leaving him and it's sad to watch. You can get by without it if you had solid technique in stealing bases, but Juan always seemed very average in technique and just lived off speed to get there his whole career.
-
WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 06:08 AM) I'd like to agree with you, but over the past week or so J4L has taken it to a whole other level between his hate on the Sox organization and his NBA talk. At least I believe that greg actually believes this because he just likes the white sox so much. Then you don't get him.. at all. I personally think he's an outstanding poster and thoroughly keeps me entertained on this board, which can become very dry of posting styles at times.
-
i am drunk
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 07:02 AM) For any of you that know what my one blonde girl roommate looks like - this girl from Saturday night is hotter. Damn.. And the first Saturday I had off in weeks, I went out very late (3 am) to a bar and got some play. Can't wait till my two week vacation comming up.. in two weeks.
-
Happy Birthday danman31!
I keed. Happy Bday bro.
-
2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread
I was obviously kidding Joecoolman, geez.
-
2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 12:12 AM) You must not have seen it, but I mentioned a couple pages back that my friend was at the game sitting behind a Yankees scout. I asked her to peer over his shoulder to see what he was writing, and she said he had Humbers name written all over his papers and was making lots of notes. You sure that wasn't just a scouting report for him?
-
6/11 Games
11 Walks in 33 ABs for Trayce. Has to start hitting obviously, but the plate discipline is encouraging.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 11:12 AM) This is one of those situations in sports where you can't use stats to prove your point. Anyone watching the Finals knows that Wade is the only reason Miami hasn't lost yet. He's been the best player on the court except for maybe Dirk. Whereas Lebron stands around and "facilitates," Wade is doing everything to keep his team in the game. The 4th quarter scoring, the timely offensive rebounds and put backs, the timely blocks....that's all Wade, not Lebron. And certainly Lebron isn't LOSING games for the Heat, but he sure as hell isn't helping them close out games or win games in the 4th. How do you call yourself the best basketball player on the planet, in the self-admitted biggest game of your life, and score 2 (garbage) pts? How do you just stand around and waste possessions during crunch time? I'm so tired of people comparing Lebron to ANY of the all-time greats, let alone Michael Jordan. I find it funny that Lebron has apologists around the country that are saying he got a triple double, he plays defense, expectations are too high, blah blah. Guess what, if he wasn't such an ego-centric asshole who claimed to be the best player in the history of the game before every setting foot on an NBA court, maybe NBA fans wouldn't have that opinion of him. But that's what he gets. He wanted all the attention, well, now he's got it, and he's failing miserably at proving the hype. Outstanding post. Hell, Wade per 36 actually had more assist than LeBron. Wade had 8 assists (per 34 mins) - 8.5 assists per36 Lebron had 10 assists (per 45 mins) - 8.0 assists per36 If he had one less rebound (or pretty much stop taking Joel Anthony's defensive rebounds) people wouldn't be talking about this right now. It's just the "triple double" benchmark that makes it bigger than it really is. Wade was a better scorer and playmaker, not to mention being injured. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 07:59 PM) Lebron has sacrificed his own game to try and win a title. Oh, and what would that be other than scoring (and even that is debatable with shared foul calls with his teammate Wade [and even Bosh] lowering his overall FTA per)? He averaged more rebounds per game than he did last year and was on par with his career average, on par with his career assist numbers (actually had more last year with inferior teammates) and almost the same number of steals and blocks and has averaged damn near the same amount of minutes. Hell his FG% is the highest of his career because he's taking less shots so actually, Wade and company has HELPED HIM in that area and he averaged MORE turnovers this year than any year of his career with another superior secondary ball-handler (when he was basically Derrick Rose as far as the primary ball-handler in Cleveland). He still plays disinterested when something isn't going his way, he still refuses to take the last shot with the game in the balance, he is still making excuses. Looks like the same guy to me.
-
PTC Sunday June 12th, 2011
King Kong.
-
PTC Saturday June 11th, 2011
Alexei.
-
6.10 games
Trayce Thompson has already walked 9 times in 31 at bats this month.
-
2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 09:55 PM) The Royals have 7 consecutive 1st round picks on their 25-man roster. That's pretty crazy. You guys are fun to watch even on highlights. I always like watching young teams take their lumps sort of speak. Great future the Royals have if they can get some pitching...
-
2010-2011 NHL thread
Well I think it's safe to say Tim Thomas has the Conn Smythe wrapped up even if Boston loses the series. It is a shame though that they can not win at their place. I still believe Boston takes game 6, but I'm not holding my breath on them beating the Canucks at their place in game 7.
-
PTC Friday June 10th, 2011
TCQ.
-
2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 09:13 PM) Moose has had less than impressive April's every year now. Some have said its weather related... Must have some Cuban in his family..
-
Catch All Anything Thread
Dog fan all the way. I'm not a p**** (..... pun intended. or maybe not..)
-
...And that's a White Sox WINNER!!!
QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 01:13 AM) I won't lie...I love Gio. He's essentially the only prospect we've let go in the last while that hurts for me. Since I started following minor league baseball back in 2004 in our system, he was my second favorite prospect ever after Jeremy Reed (third was B-Mac). I loved Gio then and still do. Very happy he is having success. (even though it isn't with us)
-
6/9 Games
QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:09 PM) Paul Goldschmidty for the Mobile Bears looks like a monster. Dude already has 20 HRs in AA, more walks than strikeouts and a nice OBP just shy of .500. Monster. Holy s*** no kidding. 9th round pick as well. Outstanding find by the D-Backs scouts.
-
If Juan Pierre is signed tmrw to an extension, what would you do?
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:52 PM) Every small defenseless animal on earth would be in imminent danger. I would look out for you on suicide watch after that.... then myself.
-
The return of TCQ
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 07:49 AM) uhh...? Ah my bad. Totally misread what you said. (gimme a break Simon, I just got out of work.. )
-
The return of TCQ
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 07:04 AM) Well it's not only that he's injury prone, but that in those years where he has been injured, he's been about 30-50% less effective. It's one thing to trade for or sign an injury prone player who is going to be super effective, no matter how often he plays; it's another thing entirely to see said player be ill effective coming off of injury. No he is (has been since he was playing in Stanford, thats just his competitiveness).. but thanks for clearing that up with the other sentences.
-
PTC Thursday June 9th, 2011
Beckham.
-
Sox Draft OF Keenyn Walker with #47
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 06:36 PM) I didn't follow farms and prospects back then like I do now. And even if I had I was too drunk off the World Series kool-aid. I remember you saying that the putrid drafting for so many years straight would come back to bite us in the ass at some point. And you were undoubtedly right. I've followed it since 2004, and I still agreed with Tizzle as far as the Latin scouting.. didn't agree with the prospects as much however until now. (though I still feel the sox developing of pitchers is heavily under-looked here, not the hitters)
-
Sox Draft OF Keenyn Walker with #47
QUOTE (SoxnGiants @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 09:16 AM) If we had a better track record developing players like this I would be pretty happy with the pick. The tools are there. No kidding. Though it isn't just with 5 tool guys. We are fine with developing pitchers. Our developing of hitters however is...well... not good.