Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Quentin sought after by BOS
QUOTE (Real @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:36 AM) KW has all the control right now with a CQ deal 1. Team is in contention, Sox need to be wowed 2. Phillies and Braves could get into bidding war 3. CQ has been hitting well since the break, potentially increasing his value How desperate are the Phillies, that's the question Lets just pray that Quentin doesn't get injured. All I'm worried about at this point.
-
7/27 games
Jordan Danks has not struck out in his last 5 games...
-
Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)
We got back Zach Stewart?! Nice. Kinda reminds me when the sox got Floyd. Once a highly touted prospect, then stock dropped alot, but still was attractive cause of his potential (though Floyds was much higher). Good change of scenery for him. At worst, he'll be a nice set-up guy in the future.
-
Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:47 AM) I dont think its going to happen today, but if the Sox lose this afternoon, I can see Floyd out the door to an NL contender. I agree.
-
Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:37 AM) OK, taking bets... which is KW doing here? Well since Shack is on a roll with that, someone should see if he'll add another 5 G's to bet in this thread.
-
Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)
QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:31 AM) This. PCL. He was a stud in Cal. Usually I agree with the whole league thing, and he probably is a Ross Gload 2.0 (don't know if he'll even be that), but his swing is very sexy. Then again.. he reminds me of Casey Kotchman in alot of ways. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:32 AM) Brett Lawrie is the only name that would make me less than dissatisfied. Ha.. no chance.
-
Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)
Deal is very close. I would say it's pretty much done.
-
Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)
QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:22 AM) some tweeters are questing whether its Teahen for Frasor + prospect which noway in hell do I see the Jays accept a trade for. That would be a steal for the sox if that's the case.
-
Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)
QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:17 AM) Over on the Jays board, they speak of 1B David Cooper who wasn't in the lineup last night and was filled in by Adam Loewen who is Las Vegas' regular RF. David Cooper is a pretty decent prospect by looking at his #s in AAA. He has very good plate discipline. Was a former 1st rounder as well. (liked him comming out a couple years back) Not a bad guy to nab, though the 1B/Dh position is blocked here so we'll see what KW does there. (IF he's the prospect involved)
-
Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)
QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:40 AM) It actually makes the Hudson trade less awful. It would mean 1 1/2 yrs of Jackson [which he did better than expected], 1 1/2 yrs of Frasor [a solid bet to do well], one less year of Teahen, and then a possible pick as Type B after 2012 for Hudson. It's still a bad trade in hindsight. Yet it's probably less awful if this does go through. 5+ years of Hudson. 5+. It was an awful deal anyway you try and slice it.
-
PTC Wednesday July 27th, 2011
TCQ.
-
Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)
I'd trust bucket-of-suck. In fact.. he's broken a trade before here I believe (though I might be thinking of another poster with a low post count). Guys like docsox, Rock, bucket, spataro, etc.. are very good inside sources here.
-
Colby Rasmus Trade Rumor
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:36 AM) I don't remember seeing any scouting report that had Hudson as better than a #3 starter. That was his upside, though most also said #4. (same with Beachy) Their numbers in the minors (esp. in the IL) are nearly similar (Huddy had a better WHIP, K/9, BB/9, H/9. Beachy better ERA)
-
Colby Rasmus Trade Rumor
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:15 AM) I'd rather take Beachy's #3 starter potential for 5 more years than have Quentin for one more. This, though Dan Hudson was a much better prospect/pitcher comming out, who we also could have kept for 5 more years. Alright lemme stop beating a dead horse now.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
I just hope the Bears front office still isn't gullible enough to believe Hester is a #1 WR. They need a big, playmaking #1 WR for Cutler. If Rice's hip is 100% (and that's a big if), he is an ideal fit.
-
Colby Rasmus Trade Rumor
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:28 AM) The difference right now is that Rasmus's current bat would be below average for an RF and above average for a Cf. And what does that make Rios? And Mike is right in either case, that spot is for Dayan.
-
Colby Rasmus Trade Rumor
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:07 AM) "Defensive potential" is a hard thing to gauge, but his defense has been somewhat below average as a CF this year. I actually think he's a much better fielder as a RF. Always have since he was a prospect. (though he didn't play it very much during those times, if at all. I believe he played some LF)
-
PTC Tuesday July 26th, 2011
Justin Verlander. Beckham.
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 03:42 AM) My girlfriend is pregnant and were going to Vegas to get married in either August or September go me Holy...... s***. :o :o
-
Pena done for 2011
Won't comment on the trade as I let my feelings be known on it long ago. I hope Pena fully recovers and pitches in the future. I doubt it will be with us, nor should it be.
-
2011 NFL Lockout Thread
- PTC Monday July 25th, 2011
King Kong.- i am drunk
Drunk out of my mind last night. But before that, met a fine ass playboy model. Pretty cool.- WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !
QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 11:03 AM) CSNChi_Beatnik Brett Ballantini Dayan has aggravated his broken thumb injury; thumb is swollen and has been bothering him for a week now. I was wondering why he struggled so much during that stretch. Hasn't really been the same since the all-star game.- 2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 10:06 PM) Not to mention Gio. Yes he was. (though he wasn't a late pick, but a great compensation one) Miss that guy. - PTC Monday July 25th, 2011