Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 10:08 AM) well, um... Playoffs > no playoffs? Yep. Even management (and Buddy Bell) has said it's good to see young prospects get any kind of taste of a playoff atmosphere. Really any org. would tell you that.
  2. I don't say this too often for players, and I hope the length isn't too long as RBs definitely have the shortest "life span" of all the positions in the NFL, but if there's one guy who I want to see get paid on that team, it's Forte. The guy didn't holdout for an extension like 95% of other players do. He played in camp and is playing in the pre-season. Hasn't said one word about contract talks unless a reporter keeps asking him about it (and usually he'll just say he leaves that to his agent anyway/wants to just play football and not talk about it) and has just been a pure professional through and through with fans, the media, management, etc and just bust his ass off. Pay the man.
  3. This is only the beginning for you... the beginning of the end. Cheers to the big nark-like 5-0.
  4. Outstanding. I will give you your props. I also hope you finally lose your virginity.
  5. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    Kevan Smith moved up to 3rd in the batting order and rightfully so. Escobar with an 8 game hitting streak.
  6. QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 11:02 AM) Ozzie doesn't give a s*** about next year's team. He won't be here. Good point.
  7. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 10:16 AM) Apparently Rios is a must start everyday. Plus he needs to be the cleanup hitter everyday too. He's just too good to leave on the bench. f*** DeAza. Hell even .250/.286/.250/.536 (last 7 days) Pierre he could have subbed for. I know Juan is a horse, but damn he won't be here next year. (I pray he isn't) Give what could be your leadoff man in 2012 some pub up there Ozzie.
  8. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 10:36 AM) Did you miss the part where I said ONE MIGHT BE? I didn't. In fact.. I marked/Italic where you said it. And yes, many here would consider him (Saladino) one of the best prospects in our system. The other guys I agree with you, more filler types.
  9. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 10:01 AM) The Sox system is piss-poor right now, but no one thinks that Terry Doyle, Tyler Saladino, Brandon Short and Josh Phegley are the best prospects in the system. Hell only one of those might be in the Top 10 for the Sox. I beg to differ.
  10. Dayan already has as many walks in 8 plate appearances (2 BBs) than he he did in 106 last year.
  11. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 09:22 AM) That is truly depressing. And yet probably the best joke/pun from those twitter feeds.
  12. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:32 AM) Supposedly, from the looks in the minors...his stuff is still there already. And even stuff isn't always the end all case with "comming back." Also totally different game in the minors than the majors.
  13. QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 12:06 PM) bye bye Vernon Gholston too He's making Rex Ryan look like a genius more and more before he is eventually out of the league. I think Hunter Hillenmeyer put it best when the Bears signed Gholston. "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane."
  14. Sticking with the kids... Flowers.
  15. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 11:22 PM) This is wonderful news. The next 5 CY awards are his if he can remain healthy. He's going to have his struggles next year. A guy comming back from TJ almost all the time needs two years to really be the same guy again. He'll still be damn good, but not quite the freak pitcher like he was when he first came up just yet. QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 11:53 PM) McCarthy's been a star in my Sabermetric fantasy league this year. I think he's in the top 20 in terms of points per start. His peripherals are excellent, he just gets no run support from the A's. He has flown under the radar alot this year, especially on this board being a former prospect and all.
  16. QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 05:53 AM) Go you Knight Sox !! This. Keep us in the race kids.
  17. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 11:45 PM) Really? I've felt that Flowers looks better behind the plate than he has in previous call-ups. Besides a few balls that have gotten away, he's caught our pitching staff well, and has thrown out a somewhat respectable amount of runners. I think there is room for improvement, but I think his game has matured behind the plate as well. That is what I've been very impressed with about him. He calls a great game. Could of had three straight shutouts (as far as game calls) but Floyd made one mistake (oh and Kinney). And another in an interview (can't remember which coach) that said he is always asking questions, trying to get better. Just a great work ethic.
  18. Beyonce pregnant eh..
  19. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 09:02 PM) Gabe carimi is just fantastic, wow. Season hasn't even started yet, and he is (IMO) already the best O-Lineman we got.
  20. QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 06:57 PM) Tigers Rotation-- Scherzer- KC, Chi, Min, Oak, KC, Cle Fister- KC, Cle, Min, Oak, Bal, Cle Porcello- KC, Cle, Chi, Oak, Bal, Cle Turner- KC Verlander- Chi, Cle, Chi, Oak, Bal Penny- Chi, Min, Chi, KC, Bal Playoff Rotation- Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Porcello They can't possibly play under .500 with that schedule. This is the Tigers. I bet Twins fans were saying the same thing in 2009.
  21. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    Might not happen this year, but Kevan Smith wants to move up to Kannapolis.
  22. QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 08:20 PM) This board, as I remember, was not all about Tyler Flowers. Ya I was one of the few that liked him, but that is because I have a soft spot for prospects. Iamshack liked him alot as well to say the A.J. injury was a blessing and I agreed with that. (as did some other posters) I don't blame not calling Flowers up (A.J. was still producing) or even De Aza (though I can understand with Rios, he would have been stuck on the bench with Ozzie anyway, not to mention Pierre was comming around and this was before Q getting hurt) but there is no excuse for Viciedo not being called up. None.
  23. Did not see the game, but look at the highlights.. nice. Looked like Viciedo broke his bat on that home run too.. Great to see the youth do well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.