Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:38 AM) Because it's a stupid, juvenile marketing effort that no one outside of Chicago homers will give a damn about? You think the players get amped up fighting for a worthless statue invented circa 2010? That's some great tradition. Well Beckham loves it personally. I would expect anyone IN Chicago (what we have to deal with for a long time and I'm not talking about people who used to live here and haven't been in like 5-10+ years) to actually "get it." Now I "get it".. I just don't like it.
  2. Dear Ozzie, Please bat A.J. lower than 5th.. even lower than 7th. Thanks, Ace. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:09 AM) So many details left out of this gamethread but because its heads I will be alright and not make a fuss about this horrible thread. Haha, if we lose again, I'll step up and create one. Peavy cost me a loss, so if he wins today.. Heads who made this horrid, uncreative thread, gets more props in my eyes.
  3. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 05:39 PM) Yes, the more power you have the more acceptable your K-Rate is going to be. When the ball leaves the park, it still counts as a hit, so a guy hitting 40 HR can still put together a reasonable set of overall numbers with those sort of K-rates and won't be guaranteed to hit .220. However...34% is high even for a 40 HR hitter. Over a 600 at bat season that's >200 K's. You have learned well grasshopper..
  4. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:55 AM) It's not like we can bring up Morel yet....you can argue that spot would take away valuable playing time and experience from CJ Retherford, but maybe the additional revenues derived from Thomas and Crede being back on the team would be worth it. CJ is a future utility guy anyways, but I won't jump the gun on a guy hitting .216 in AAA early on just yet.
  5. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:41 AM) Forget AAA. He should've been in the majors from day 1. He's that good. Look around the NL. Mike Pelfrey, Livan Hernandez, Carlos Silva, Brad Penny. It's ridiculous. I'd say a minimum performance expectation from him would be that of what Lincecum did his rookie year. I was talking about hypothetically speaking. There no way he should be in AA right now, and the Nats are really babying him and his arm. (5 IP minimum 70-80 pitches or so) At least give him some scrub AAA to AAAA hitters he can face before-hand or like you said.. just promote the guy. I know the Nats have a great record (and I only say great cause 11-10 is outstanding for that franchise) but this guy can help them now, even in only 5 innings. Now from day 1... not sure. As studly as the kid is, you need to get some failure in first before you succeed. Not even the great pitchers now started from day 1 after they were drafted 1st overall. (I thought Price was gonna be the closest, but the Rays took it easy with him) It's bad enough that I think the Nats are babying him so much. Hopefully by the 6th, 7th, etc.. innings, Stras won't be the kind that implodes. But AAA, he should be. Then again.. I thought the Reds were foolish to have Leake skip the minors and he isn't doing that bad (though still very early, teams will get scouting reports on him) so maybe it's a new era in that department.
  6. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:07 AM) Strasburg continues to dazzle. 5 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K. Even had an RBI single (the only run of the game). They really need to do something about this service time crap. This guy has no business in AA. At least promote him. I agree. He's not nearly as Raw as Chapman and that guy is in AAA. Stras should be in AAA.
  7. Thanks everyone. Really means alot.
  8. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:28 PM) Since it's been the better show for probably the last year, you probably should. It hasn't touched Raw since the Rock days, and I hate the Rock, so that should tell you somethin.
  9. The refs are a friggin joke in this game. That and 1 from Rose literally cost them that game. Cleveland went on a 20-7 run when Rose didn't get that call. It's already bad when guys like Rose don't get calls when he is being murdered going to the hole and guys like Howard get foul calls when he barely touches guys, but games like this is why I still think the NBA is rigged. Stern didn't want players complaining.. well it's getting pretty obvious to fans too. Hell even the announcers (Miller and the other guy) were saying how Rose didn't get fouled by Shaq, Brad's double fouls, and Rose's and 1 to be nothing.
  10. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 10:48 PM) After the first time I saw him pitch last year, I was immediately concerned about his arm motion and the stress it may put on his elbow. I honestly think something is wrong with him. You don't go from dominating people last year to now can't get an out. Hes a stud when he's on, I just don't think he's right. (unless like someone said, he's working on his secondary pitches) The only thing I hope is it isn't like Bumgarner and you can't find anything wrong with him, but his velocity decreases. Then again.. I could be jumping the gun/blinded. He might of just had a bad outing. (Peavy-like as of right now) He is still striking out 10+ per IP. Still though...
  11. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:27 PM) That's because he's been hitting at the bottom of the order so often. That and hes been walking alot this year (Alexei bats lower and has more Abs, but Alexei ya.. doesn't walk)
  12. Swisher. He would have the 3rd highest OBP on our team right now, despite hitting .224 currently. I'll gladly take Ryan Sweeney as well so I'll never have to see Juan Pierre in LF again.
  13. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:55 PM) But Brouwer had that bad hiccup (turnover that lead to a goal) in game 1 and never really overcame it. Brouwer essentially admitted to such by saying that his confidence was shaken. Hence the emergence of Bickell who is a little quicker, but hasn't found the same scoring touch. I still don't think his head is there mentally with his sick uncle not doing too well, which he has admitted to.
  14. QUOTE (The Baconator @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:10 PM) Nix and Lucy, following a sweep with momentum on our side, and after a rest day. Interesting. Shocked that Teahen is sitting. He's been one of our hottest hitters, not to mention he doesn't have that many ABs as it is. (the lowest on the team as far as starters) Surprised Q is starting, but I guess the off day might help him. Rios batting 5th.. praise the gods!! He and/or Teahen (if Oz wants his lefty) would be ideal there.
  15. QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:00 PM) A bit? They lose Jericho and Edge and don't gain a single main event star.. edit: Horsnwaggle goes to smackdown in the supplemental.. thank god! Good. I watch Raw much more-so than Smackdown anyways.
  16. I love Chris Harris. He was outstanding in the locker room, and great with the fans. He's a welcomed addition. I'm sure Urlacher, Briggs, etc.. will be very happy with him back, especially when Brown left.
  17. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 10:56 AM) Bickell will be in the lineup. I'd be surprised to see any lineup changes, really. Ya I like what the Hawks are doing with him actually. Reminds me of what they did with Hjammarsson last year. Getting the second round pick some playoff experience. He will be with the Hawks next season (another guy... say Eager for example will go as a cap casualty) so it's good he's learning on the ropes here.
  18. I don't think his case was as bad as Jared Saltalamacchias was last year where it was a serious/mental problem.
  19. My mother is gonna have back surgery to repair 2 herniated disks at the TOP of her spine. They will have to cut from her neck to go back there. (barely can lift her right arm as it is, and if they wait any longer, she will be paralyzed from the neck down even though she's walking fine now besides her arm) Very dangerous surgery from her other ones. This will be her 4th major surgery in the last 3 years (dangerous job she has with these surgeries, though the money is good of course), but none are as bad as this one.
  20. SoxAce replied to jasonxctf's topic in The Diamond Club
    QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 12:59 AM) BTW, Damon is actually better than Pierre at throwing. See now that.. is good for a stat looker. I couldn't tell you who is worse watching both guys out there with the eyes honestly.
  21. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 10:11 AM) We have a long history with Wilson (and also Padilla, although he's gone now finally)...he made quite a few comments that really got the White Sox riled up when he was in their bullpen. What did he say exactly? Maybe it was somehow connected to the Sean Tracey incident, or a separate one? Not really a long history at all. Just was last year actually.. he showed up Konerko (and I forgot the other two hitters) at the plate when he came in with the bases loaded (0 outs). After he struck out Kong, he put both hands in the air like "you can't touch me" sort of way which was the last out. (the other hitter he pointed to the bench and told him to sit down after he K'd him, don't remember what he did to the other guy) I remember Cooper, Quentin, etc.. just starred him down when the Rangers celebrated after their win and ironically enough, Quentin takes him deep a month or two later.
  22. SoxAce replied to jasonxctf's topic in The Diamond Club
    QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 11:50 PM) No, it was necessary. The two are so damn bad that it's hard to tell which one is worse, eye test or no eye test. We're not talking Pierre vs. Damon here though. Pods is stronger than both no doubt.. so I'll give him props that he can throw the ball from the outfield and have it bounce to second base on two hops instead of four (+) like the other two.
  23. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 11:35 PM) I know I'm late. But Durant did finish 2nd in the voting. So I'm not as "nuts" as you guys thought. But Brooks won it, so I was right in this case. (though I still think Bogut should have been second or third.. even 1st) You are correct though, so you get your props from me bro.
  24. SoxAce replied to jasonxctf's topic in The Diamond Club
    QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 12:30 AM) I think it actually is worse than Pods'. Pods' career ARM UZR: -13.3 in 6711.2 innings Pierre's career ARM UZR: -40.6 in 11575.1 innings. This averages out to... Pods: -2.68 runs saved with his arm per 150 games. Pierre: -4.74 runs saved with his arm per 150 games. But these are just OF numbers in general, you also have to consider that Pierre played CF for a long time and Pods played LF for a long time. So taking LF numbers ONLY. Pierre: -3.2 in 1276 innings. Pods: -13.3 in 3450.2 innings. Averages: Pierre: -3.39 runs saved with his arm per 150 games. Pods: -5.2 runs saved with his arm per 150 games. Looks like Pods' arm actually got worse when he came here. His arm was actually mediocre in Milwaukee. Pierre's sample size is a bit small in LF since he's only played there sparingly these past three seasons. But it's almost a big enough sample for one full season (which to be honest with you, isn't really enough, but that's all we have). So I think it's fair to say that Pods has a slightly better arm, or used to at least. He doesn't now, not since joining the Sox. Honestly you didn't even need the stats to prove your point. Most can see it from their eyes alone (at least.. I HOPE which is pretty obvious) that Pierre's arm is worse. Only guy that rivals his is Damon. I hate both players.. in fact.. I hope Mitchell someday makes it or some other FA/trade player comes in to get us away from these slap happy lead-off hitters so Ozzie can open his eyes. I hate Pods' game and as a player, but if there was one guy that would make me miss Pods (or hate him less).. that is Juan Pierre. (Gathright/Tavares too, but everyone, including themselves, knows they suck) I'll like Pierre if he gives me a .350 OBP and/or not get CS alot (or hell.. give me a god damn XBH or two) to go along with that average he will probably hit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.