Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 12:02 AM) You can't even trade a player from the current year's draft as a PTBNL until like January, so that is completely ruled out. Well I did say "not counting" (more or less talking about restocking if the guys we got are gone) but thanks for the clear up. QUOTE (gatnom @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 12:07 AM) Omar Vizquel DH's at least 5 times. We should really have a over/under number around here. Nice call though, forgot to think of that.
  2. SoxAce replied to StrangeSox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 09:48 PM) And my first yoga experience makes me feel terribly uncoordinated. Probably because you never had rhythm.
  3. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 10:47 PM) Hard to envision acquiring an impact bat without Hudson somehow being involved (not to mention not having Mitchell as a trade chip). KW will find a way. Mitchell even injured is still a good prospect, and this is not counting a potential "PTBNL" from the draft this year and even with that.. we can sexy up the farm. These are bold predictions J4L.. so you know as much as anyone else unless your telling me you turned into Nostradamus. Besides.. I wasn't necessarily talking about an Adrian Gonzalez type impact bat either. QUOTE (DGSOXFan14 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 10:49 PM) My bold prediction: Everyone will learn how to spell Vizquel and Freddy by years end. More people have trouble with Teahen or.. Teahan.
  4. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 10:44 PM) Keep on losing. I'd rather have a shot, even if it's a small one, at a top 5 pick. We either have to lose every game from here on out and for the Clippers to actually go on a win streak to even get a small % in the lottery. Bucks will probably swap for our 11th pick anyway. Bulls always do a great job selling the top tier FA in games don't they? (James, Wade, Bosh all won in blowouts) The only team they usually do well in games are the Suns (Amar'e) but that is one of the few FA I would rather not give the max to. I'm sure the guys will look more into the teams than the games itself, but it sucks we can't at least give them a show.
  5. Diamondbacks will win the WC (dark horse/Reds surprise but fall just short) Mariners will win the AL West. White Sox will win the central when KW trades for a bat by the deadline Royals will finish higher than the Indians this year. Rockies will win the NL West. Diamondbacks win the W.S. in an upset. Teahen will explode (.850+ OPS) I will not hate Juan Pierre as much as I expect. Tony Pena becomes our new 8th inning guy with Thornton. Dan Hudson (who we won't trade) will take over the 5th spot over Freddy by mid-season (either by Freddy sucking or injury)
  6. I still think the Hawks future goalie is not on the roster yet, whether that is in the draft (Jack Campbell, etc..) or trade (Bernier, who is a stud but is blocked by Quick, Price, blocked by Halak, Schneider, blocked by Luongo, etc.. etc..) remains to be seen. I love Niemi though, so that can change of course.
  7. Looks like my Kentucky pick to win the tourny is still strong.
  8. Jordan Crawford.. amazing 3.
  9. QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 04:08 PM) He had an OPS in the .900s when Ozzie said he was "disappointed." I think he had an 0-fer game or something. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 04:13 PM) Ozzie called them out on the 14th, Nix was hitting .436 at the time. Yea it was weird timing. I remember some posters here pointed that out too which made it even more odd. Ozzie was more or less disappointed that Nix (and Lillibridge) was not "hitting the ball on the ground" and trying to play a big man's game. I guess Ozzie didn't get the memo from watching Nix, is that the dude has some power. I can understand the tendency to pull, or he's got to get better at SS/3B, but that was not said.
  10. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 03:55 PM) When did Nix start hitting .370? Last time I saw him he looked like he didn't belong above A ball. For a while. When Ozzie called him and Lillibridge out, he was hitting in the low .400s.
  11. SoxAce replied to StrangeSox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 02:27 PM) The feedback I've seen on insanity is that you lose a ton of upper body strength but lean out quite a bit. Pretty much sums it up. Like Reddy said it's what you want for your body. I personally want a body like say.. Usher, than a John Cena body.
  12. QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 03:40 PM) Although in my world, until two people are officially dating everything is fair game. Exactly.
  13. OT: But Sergio Morales reminds me of another guy who we traded a year ago for "future considerations" to the Brewers. Sergio Miranda. Does anyone know if we got anything back from him that was reported? PTBNL? Cash considerations? etc..
  14. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 01:39 PM) Sounds like you should be the one giving out the advice, not asking for it That is just called experience.. I never think I would need advice at all with dealing with women (especially from strangers, not to mention alot of experience), but sometimes it's good to read other people's opinions/views on matters. Alot of times, I'm surprised on some answers I thought of never doing before.
  15. I love the story Kaplan gave yesterday on CTL about Tebow (true story too). When they were taking the wonderlic test, the instructor(s) gave them their set times, how many questions are on the test, etc.. and asked if anyone had any questions raise their hand. Tebow raised his hand and asked, can we get alittle prayer going first, and another player said "why don't you go **** yourself" and everyone started laughing. You are not allowed to hate Tebow, he walks on water and his blood is wine ya know.
  16. QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 12:11 PM) They're just trying to give Alexei and Teahen more at-bats. Yea you can't fault him for that. I would actually like to see Rios batting higher as well, get back in the groove of things.
  17. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 01:02 PM) I've actually already did that when we were in the beginning stages of hooking up. Whoops
  18. QUOTE (Ranger @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 01:43 AM) I think Gardenhire and Torre are good managers, but I think they're sometimes dramatically overrated by the folks here. Especially Gardy. He's good, don't get me wrong, but that major league club is more a product of the organization from the bottom-up than it is a product of him. The players like him, and that's part of it, but the guy almost never has to worry about who he inserts into the lineup. Even their "bums" are capable of getting it done. And Torre was not considered one of the best managers in the game until he went to New York. He managed for the first time in the late 70's, but didn't have a 90-win season until the Yankees hired him. I agree on Torre, disagree on Gardy as I view him as a terrific manager. There is alot of things he did right for player's development over the years, and who he viewed as regular players and the others "Paranas." I have no doubt in my mind that if Guillen managed the Twins, Gomez would had been leading off for them last season even with the emergence of Span. Trying to just summarize all this, but Guillen is a micro-manager, in fact he reminds me alot of Dusty Baker except he's outstanding in dealing with pitching staffs. You can add Scoisia (some would say Francona also) and even Maddon to the list as well and Wakamatsu very soon when he's more proven, as I'm a big fan of his.
  19. QUOTE (SAVVY18 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 10:39 PM) Was that Kelly Kelly throwing out the first pitch at the Sox-Dbacks game today? I only saw a quick glimpse as they were wrapping up the game and it sure looked like her. I missed it personally, but from what was reported (and what I heard) yes it was her.
  20. SoxAce replied to StrangeSox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (maggliopipe @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 10:53 AM) The trainer dude is hilarious which helps except when he made me laugh a couple times while I'm in the midst of putting everything I've got into a set's last push-up hahaha. QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 05:50 PM) Yeah I find him hilarious in KenpoX lol. That is actually good. Laughter actually burns about 3 calories alone FYI.
  21. Boy I hope I won't hate Kotsay as much as I probably will hate Juan Pierre this season. I like Kotsay... as a solid bench bat.
  22. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 08:16 PM) One of his outs about smashed the kneecap of the pitcher. Just adds to the high BABIP he had. He's probably had the worst luck of hard hit balls only to get outs in this ST.
  23. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 11:28 AM) I wouldn't be so quick to give Detroit the #8 seed either. They are only 2 pts back of Colorado, 4 pts back of Nashville with 2 more games to play & 2 head-to-head. Their upcoming schedule isnt too tough and they have been playing well, they could easily move up to the 6 or 7 spot. Yea Colorado is really, really struggling. (much like SJ) I'd bet money that is the team that finishes in 8th and the Wings 6th or 7th. (Though Nashville hasn't been exactly hot either so they might finish very low as well)
  24. To one of the best posters here. :cheers
  25. QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 11:54 PM) I've grown to really dislike Ozzie, especially as he continues to have a significant impact on the roster construction of the team. He's not the GM, and he shouldn't be given that type of power over the organization. Given that this team is essentially the one that he wants (minus a little grit and determination), I think he'll be on the hot seat should his attempts to play NL ball in the AL fail miserably. I agree with this more or less.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.