Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Free Agent Tracker
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 06:10 PM) I suspect that Wang will be pretty mediocre, but maybe pop out for a good performance or two. It’s been hardened through years of experience and I suspect the Nat’s coaching staff to stroke some good starts and finishes out of it. When it's on, that Wang can go all 9 without having to be pulled from the game. QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 06:41 PM) Oh stop jerkin' around, there's stiff competition in the NL East this year. The Nasty Nats could go Commando and easily get up behind the other teams and make them feel uncomfortable. Even Dick Allen can see that. I see what you both did there.
-
Olympics: Vancouver 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD
Parise=stud. What a pass to Rafalski. 5-1 USA.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (DirtySox @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 04:00 PM) Wasn't that exact article posted hours ago? Has it changed or something? Yea it was earlier in this thread actually so I'll erase it since it was up already. I guess we will find out tomorrow or Saturday on Damon and with KW on Sunday.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 03:47 PM) Wade (or Johnson) Rose Noah Deng Boozer Agreed. Do anything you can to trade Kirk in the summer, freeing up more money to try and sign a couple guys. Boozer is not a max guy and worst comes to worst.. if you can't net Wade, you can sign Johnson and Boozer. That is not a bad lineup right there. Dunno if it's "championship quality" but it's a legitimate contender. Some of these guys we got in trades could be useful next season if they sign for the cheap with us as well for the bench if the Bulls see fit. Still though, I would feel much better (as would anyone) if we netted one of the big 3.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (longshot7 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 03:34 PM) It appears to be done. http://twitter.com/InsideTheSox/status/9301693034 Asshole.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 02:59 PM) Given that I was only 7 years old at the time I knew very little about the 1994 team so I recently looked up the standings. The Sox were only a single game up in the division and 3.5 games up in the wild card and tied for the 3rd best record in baseball on August 10th, the 1995 World Series champion Yankees and their 6 hitters with an .800+ OPS had the best record in the AL. The way Sox fans talk about this team I just assumed they were way up in the division and held the best record in the AL. Regardless of how incredible people think that team was they were barely holding on to a playoff spot with the absolutely stacked (7 hitters with an .800+ OPS) Indians right on their ass and 2 months to go, I am now convinced that Sox fans are delusional. I was 8 myself, but my father and grandfather (RIP) told me for years the sox would have beat the Yankees in a playoff series. Other than Jimmy Key, the Yankees rotation wasn't good, and not nearly as good as the sox that year, they just out-slugged everybody. I was just checking their stats right now, and I would have to agree with my folks. They made a late trade for Terry Mulholland cause people question that team's overall rotation and they felt that trade helped them out.
-
Olympics: Vancouver 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD
Patrick Kane scores his first Olympic goal. (not counting juniors) Congrats to him.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 02:03 PM) Finally, Augustine will get some more minutes. Now it looks like one of them pulled out. Found this interesting.. per Ford and Bucher:
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Looks like a deal revolving around D.J. Augustine (Bobcats) and T.J. Ford (Pacers) will be done soon.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
If we weren't young before.. my goodness our team is ridiculously young.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Some little details on the deals.... QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:25 PM) So if they moved Hinrich they'd be about 28M under the cap, which is pretty close to being able to offer 2 max deals. Ugh.. my least favorite player on the Bulls for quite some time, and now I have to continue to watch his ass dribble out the shot clock, horrid court awareness for a PG, turnover prone, takes horrid shots on fastbreaks ass, etc.. another 3 months (possibly longer) again.. ridiculous.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
If Hinrich is still a Bull later on today Gar/Pax should be fired. I don't care if the Lakers offered Morrison straight up for Hinrich, you have to jump on that.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:50 PM) I absolutely loved Law in college but his NBA career has been disastrous. Ditto. Thats why I still hold out hope. But he hardly never plays. I still can't believe the bobcats didn't put him (and make him stay) in the D-League.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:47 PM) I wouldn't expect much from Law I don't either actually.. dude never plays as it is. But I can hope can I?
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
I'm so glad the Bulls got Acie Law. I hope to hell Law figures it out seeing how Rose does things and perhaps be a nice young backup PG if the bulls go that route (signed cheaply of course) next season. I'll miss you Tyrus. Now please for the love of god get Kirk Hinrich's ass out of there. Solid trades all in all for the Bulls today and a couple guys with solid potential VDN might as well play and hope you strike gold.. (Alexander, Law)
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
God I hope I wake up too good news later today. Then I hope someone makes a thread for all of us to "make our focking lineups!" potentially.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:32 AM) Ya, they'll be better, but they won't be good. It wouldn't take a genius to improve that team. Hard to be good when you play in the West of course.. They are hoping they get the OKC way of improvement with youth though. I don't think they will be as bad as you think though (though they won't be good either in the tough West), but that of course depends if they land a potential stud like Wall (especially) or Turner.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:17 AM) None of those scenarios make the Kings good really. Sure, they'd be fun-ish to watch, but they'd still have 2 point guards and ok big men. Well if the Kings view Evans as a PG (which I don't think they do) that doesn't rule them out drafting Evan Turner at SG as well. Evans/Udrih Turner/Garcia Casspi/Greene Landry/Thompson Hawes/Brockman I still think a Wall-Evans-Casspi-Landry/Thompson-Hawes/Brockman/FA signing big man lineup is much better though. Wall (or even Rubio or Harris) and Evans.. damn.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:06 AM) I still am not sure how good Landry is, but he helps them at the 4 (I didn't notice he was in the trade as well before I made my last post). I would tend to agree with the Kings view of Evans as a 2 guard, but now they need to go out and find a point. I still don't get that trade for the Rockets though. I'm not a big Martin fan: he's not a real good shooter from the field, he's overpaid, and I feel he puts up empty numbers, kind of like a shooting guard version of an Elton Brand. Not a big fan of Martin either, but he is a solid player when healthy, and the Rockets obviously like him. Everyone says this is a good trade for the Rockets, I think its better for the Kings. They will still suck, but who knows.. they can get lucky with the ping-pong balls and net the #1 pick and John Wall (they have the 5th worst record right now) which would really make them damn good and fun to watch. (or perhaps Ricky Rubio if he comes back to the states) You can't even rule out a trade for Devin Harris if the Nets net the pick. If things go right with the drafting (moreso them or the Nets winning it or Kings in top 3 if Rubio is eligible again), the Kings could be sitting pretty.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:57 AM) What was cluster f***ed about it, Evans is the pg and Martin the SG. It gave them a tall, athletic, high scoring back court. The Kings view Evans as a SG supposedly. Landry is their PF of the future and if he gets minutes (he will there) he could really be special for them. They got rid of the injury prone Martin and his contract (though Houston's starting 5 is solid Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Scola, Yao [when he gets back] I think they will go) and the Rockets get their SG of the future in Martin. Kings got T-Mac who they will probably trade again to NY making it a three way. (though I hope Gar jumps on that)
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
It's looking like a three way deal with Houston-Kings-Knicks. GarPax so far is striking out on T-Mac. Hmmm.. now could be just Kings-Rockets.. Man s*** will probably be ironed out later tonight.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Looks like Carl Landry is a center piece leaving Houston.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Wow......
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
Bizarre injury.. Bergesen gets injured filming a commercial.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
HA! Joe Alexander.. I remember I was a huge fan of his. Raw as s***, but hes got good potential. A crazy athlete (in other words.. white boy got hops) but a project. (sounds familiar I know, but at least his B-Ball I.Q. is much better, not to mention coachable comming out. Typical Paxton move actually at least going for potential) Not a bad chance for him to audition maybe. Worst case, you let him walk anyways (don't think he will "figure it out" really). I'll stomach Warrick here I guess... (nothing against his game, per say, I just hate the guy) I would prefer the 1st deal since both players are younger, but I can care less either way especially since who knows how Noah will be and Taj and we need some bigger bodies too.