Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bmags

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bmags

  1. Rough season for the Ms
  2. I love this team
  3. It’s weird
  4. If we trade for a guy to move fedde out they better be a damn ace not some hasbeen
  5. Sorry we are only allowed to criticize him
  6. The only hard stretch is in my pants right now. f*** the rays!
  7. I mean that’s what the offseason is for. Hes doing what we needed and may very well change these last two months. Nothing changes if he has 40 more games in the minors
  8. when you look at our matchups I can't believe we ever win a game but we are also going to win this game.
  9. If I was the sox I think the attraction is that Peralta is very likely better than you've seen so far, but also that he's only 30 and been pretty reliably at 175 IP per year and in the playoffs. For a team with some guys who will be managed here on out, you don't want the chance that a Ray starts to fade (not saying he isn't a workhorse, but he's 35 and it can happen).
  10. for those that don't want to give away anything and are ok not getting much back - why isn't there more intrigue around Mize? For me - I notice that he's 6'3, 212, which is close to the magic 6'4 220lb. How much could he possibly go for when they aren't even letting you see the rehab start to ensure he's not losing 2-3 more starts left in the year. And he's a rental. That's gotta be pennies.
  11. blame Sleepy Harold if wrong
  12. I said this ISNT a deep thought.
  13. The fact they were able to turn Crochet into a starter may have led to some overconfidence. But I do think part of the interest in Mason Miller isn't just 'wow dominant backend guy' but 'if we don't get a solid guy here we'll never be able to convert taylor'
  14. This isn't a deep thought but Sean Burke suddenly becoming an Ace after Davis Martin suddenly becoming an Ace, and I find it hard to get too down when players like Noah Schulz or Hagen Smith have these huge depressions. They could literally snap into it tomorrow with some new cutter grip that is unstoppable. I thought we'd have the worst pitching staff in history and they keep finding it. I'm kinda a fan of this new pitching draft strategy of just selecting pitchers that are at least 6'4 and expect to be around 220 and just hope they figure it out at the right time. Thanks
  15. bmags replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Also Hendricks was amazing, obviously he'd be a great outcome. If we get 20 starts and a 4.5 ERA out of Thorpe one year I'd call that a win at this point. But I don't expect much.
  16. I think it would be a pretty painful haul too. With Carlson plus one of Smith or Schulz, a top 10-15 guy (wolkow/smith). But the people say they want control etc etc
  17. I would like David Stern to disallow that trade.
  18. I think we pull off a surprise trade for Logan webb. Giants try to time their system and we lose a painful guy like Carlson - who lets be honest just seems more like an NL shortstop.
  19. I feel like trade rumors have become more boring. They report on them all as a cattle market. 'Here's all the cattle, and here are the people at the cattle market'. Lost all the individual chasing.
  20. Everyone hates a magician when they are on the other team - they want their own magician deep down. See Jonathan Strange + Mr Norrell
  21. Yeah - but key for me is that doesn't even matter. He's now looking like the most impact player for 2026 but isn't coming as the most sought after. Everyone is telegraphing his move to Dodgers - so there is no illusion you get a benefit of having him to negotiate. The tigers HAVE to trade him. It's all depressing it. And it feels like the best deadline deals have always been 'top pitcher with depressed value due to age/salary/control' where they don't get a 'haul' but the team gets big impact. I'd think if we included a Schulz you easily top any offer. We cry about a pitching prospect who hasn't looked tops in a while and instead get a top pitcher this year that takes us to playoffs. The tigers say 'wow we got a top pitching prospect for a guy we were gonna lose?" and I say 'trade top pitching prospects instead of position players'. Schulz + Boston Smith + Jeral Perez - i'm not sure that gets topped.
  22. Pretty sure we should trade for Skubal. Gives the team the good feelings into the lockout, gives Jerry the playoff revenue to justify a signing post lockout. Won’t cost big time. Makes the most sense.
  23. I always remember some Paulie post game interview in 05 after another ugly sox win in August that was like 2-1. He was like "just another ugly, classic white sox win". Hell yeah baby, you eat em up, they count all the same.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.