Everything posted by bmags
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
If the Sox can’t develop talent then bonemer is unlikely to be valuable and they should trade him for major league star like Skubal. But you’d also have Roch or Emerson or Lombard in the pipeline just after. If the Sox still can’t develop talent, it doesn’t really matter if they trade away Bonemer, it will all be fleeting anyway. At least you’ll get a few good months.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Really? Were acting like the worst thing KW did was his trades for talent? Not his never using money in the draft? Who did Hahn trade for that was a top SP? Top hitter? Hahn was what you all loved. Going after cheap, marginal positions. Do the dodgers ever trade for great talent? Seems they do well.
-
Official NBA 25-26 Thread
Bulls hire splitter, my fav of their finalists.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
So I've been to a few games now this year. It's not just the product on the field that has gotten better. I have not been stuck in long lines to get into the stadium, including Saturday where I arrived only 10 min before first pitch I have found that while I'm certain some lines move slowly, I have been able to choose spots better to get food/drink and back to seat within the time between innings We have a fundraiser night for our baseball league where we bring 2500 or so kids, that process of waiting for the on field parade used to be brutal, sometimes even missing the window for the parade and some kids miss it. This year it was a breeze getting in, shorter wait times, perfectly set-up. I'd say from at least 2015-2022 I really, really had frustrating experiences with all of the above. This year it's been a dream. I'm sure there are some games that may have been a problem, but for a 37k game to be ablet o get right in the stadium and then be able to get food and drink and not miss 2 innings? I thought I'd give props there.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
I feel like any team willing to take on cash is going to be sitting in a great buyers market. You had players like Correa go last year for a guy released in a few months. The only extensive package that scares me was from the padres, who traded for a guy with 4 years of control. eugenio suarez went for the 9th, 16th, 17th prospects (using pipeline so not great, but hey). I just think we are wildly overestimating the prospect costs from the past three years. We were so excited to have pop up guy Adrian Houser, what will we get? Oh trash, we got a guy who isn't in our org 4 months later and some top 100 guys (from within an org). We love baseball now and we may not have much next year. Go use the extra money from the dodgers fans this weekend and get something cute and nice.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
If you want to play games with “control” before a work stoppage, go after buxton + ryan package. Pay them to take rest of benintendi. Ryan won’t be a premium with just a mutual option, Buxton has injury risk.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Trade for Skubal. I have run the analysis and fatter pitchers over perform after age 29 because everyone thinks they will fall apart; but they have big boy strength. I’ve never been that scared of packages given out for .5 season, news of “franchise altering packages” are dumb. It will be fine. When work stoppage ends, Jerry will celebrate his only joy in life - crushing the mlbpa - with a big signing à la Albert belle and we will re sign skubal who will be a Sox legend for next decade.
-
And that's a momentum building first place in division WHITE SOX 2-1 WINNER
That was a lot of the 2000s teams, just staying near contention. But that’s where I am kinda nervous for second half’s because we always seemed like a team that couldn’t put it together. This one seems like it could…or the pitching falls apart.
-
Sox acquire Nolan Jones
I unno, we traded for Cordell and Wilson. I was thinking of the waiver and depth guys Hahn hoarded, who tended to be plausible .720 ops guys that could only be hidden in the corners.
-
Sox acquire Nolan Jones
I think Getz targeting more well rounded ball players and hoping their bats play up has worked out better than Hahn recycling decent hitting retreads who couldn’t play positions and were worthless if they didn’t hit right away. Seems to be paying off.
-
And that's a momentum building first place in division WHITE SOX 2-1 WINNER
I feel crazy because it's true the month by month records are not impressive june/july 09, I just remember some stretch where brent lillibridge got really hot and we caught up in the division. By time of perfect game I felt like we had a shot again. But this was when I was in college and drunk a lot.
-
6/11 Minor League Games for your First Place White Sox
Man somebody blacked out our Lenyn Sosa, Jose Rodriguez golden era
-
6/11 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40pm CST)
you can go ahead and I'll just 86 this
-
And that's a momentum building first place in division WHITE SOX 2-1 WINNER
TBH this doesn’t feel like a year I have experienced as a forty year old ish Sox fan, so maybe 90 is right. All of our playoff runs were mostly incredibly hot starts that they held onto in second half. There were those mediocre starts with torrid junes in 2009 and 2010 which couldn’t quite get to the finish line, which maybe this will be. But those were still the ghosts of 2005. Would love to see a truly hot second half, which I don’t feel like I’ve seen Sox have save maybe turning it on in August in 03 (twins hotter and overtook em)
-
Official NBA 25-26 Thread
I would struggle to go to work if I was a San Antonio fan. Stuff of nightmares for die hards
-
And that's a momentum building first place in division WHITE SOX 2-1 WINNER
Davis Martin is insane
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
Oh see above.
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
Keith Law tweeted he put Lackey #1 to Sox. (I no longer have an athletic sub)
-
6/9 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40 CST)
End is nigh for him I agree
-
6/9 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40 CST)
Man that ball was a rocket but was shocked when it hit the top of the fence. What a moment
-
6/9 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40 CST)
Another classic game for this team, good lord what a season
-
6/9 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40 CST)
Holy shittttt
-
6/9 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40 CST)
Ha, he is reading soxtalk
-
6/9 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40 CST)
Gimmicky stuff like this is bound to be like this. But it does feel like an event
-
Breaking News: ron883 totally vindicated - Braden Montgomery gets called up
Hasn't been as bad recently but sure has felt like a looong time since we had an OF that scared team run games (eaton in 16?)