Everything posted by bmags
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
he'll play 12 games, they will all be vs. us, and he'll hit .450 with 6 home runs
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
If the guardians trade for him you know what will happen
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
I just saw a trade hypothetical of the guardians getting Robert and it made me so mad.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Obsessively focusing on a single bad draft pick as a demographic problem is why this board cheered avoiding high school and “athletes” over ball players just because of Courtney Hawkins. Instead we got a bunch of fat college corner players who sucked and nobody blamed it on college.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Given sox predilection for height, I can somewhat imagine this.
-
Official NBA 25-26 Thread
Man Essengue ain’t showing much
-
2027 - MLB Draft Thread
it's just a little copyright infringement among friends, no big deal
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
actually taking the train to glacier np just after the game.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Compared to last year, and with the potential cba issues in the fall, do people think teams are going to be asking for more for their players or less, and is taking on less money going to be more valuable or less? I have felt like for a few years, positional prospects are now worth a ton. The idea of trading Bonemer means sox would be going after a top player with control. But looking at most deals last year, they were pitcher prospects or positional players ranked 10+ in the system.
-
2027 - MLB Draft Thread
Gonna be a lot of Frank Thomas/Paul Konerko kid info. Illinois prospects seem pretty pitch heavy next year if I remember correctly.
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
I will be going to Tmobile/safeco on sunday for a mariners game, have not been to a diff mlb ballpark in a bit.
-
Tristan Peters, Mune are All-Stars
Because I'm a dad of kids that I want to love baseball I'm glad Murakami is playing the derby. As a sox fan I'm not a fan of it
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
I would say high. In recent years Sox have had strong interest in local top players - drafting Schulz, Wolkow, Fauske.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
This thing that happened 17 years ago on a message board really rankled you huh
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Yep those are all white Sox players now congrats
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
That said man Landon thome next to Roch in a video I just saw. Will be interesting to see him with 25 lbs of muscle added on
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Overall, I just feel like the Sox are on good hands. Wasn’t a crazy, blow the doors off draft. But it’s hard not to feel like this team is finally a group of baseball people picking baseball players.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
I am happy with what they accomplished 11-20. Well rounded to start draft, physical freaks as it went on. Makes sense. Hoping Roch proves we do not quite know what ceilings exist on players.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
6’4” 205 in HS you don’t say
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Maybe they feel very good about 7 guys that they feel are top 150 or so, and certainly the first six rounds could be worth all of it. I was hoping the freedom of the comp pick would mean we could end up with a draft chock full of top 250 players and not needing to rob picks to pay up. But I should have adjusted my expectations what down when they only got way less from 1-1 than I expected.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
It’s always the former. We probably paid out the nose for the 22 year old red shirt sophomore with Tommy John. It’s always the college guys we think get slot and end up 500k over. if I was Getz I’d start really evaluating the Sox negotiation process. It does not seem premiere to say the least.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Disappointed they needed to punt. I like Shirley as an evaluator, still think he leaves a lot to be desired in how he manages the budget. I am extremely skeptical other orgs would have been forced into 10.5 for Roch.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
BA does not like projections as much, but 80 grade speed and 70 arm is the kind of tools I was hoping we’d see more of.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
We should start highlighting college pitchers that are 6’4 220 as targets
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
I’m not sure I but the logic that with how our SP has faltered this year we need prep pitching. I’m not against Contreras, but I don’t see it as the type of pick that vaults this draft class.