Everything posted by bmags
-
6/8 Games
obviously, looking like a hell of a class (could have been an alltimer?), but yes just sucks. When college players lose a year for injury right after draft I almost always feel like you can forget about em.
-
Breaking News: ron883 totally vindicated - Braden Montgomery gets called up
Maybe that's the point, I unno but they've done pretty well recently on judging this stuff so I'm going to hold judgment.
-
6/8 Games
Man nick mclain...what a bummer how few games he has still played.
-
To buy or sell...
I don't think there is any doubt you trade for Skubal and go all-in on this team. I've said for years while this board was saying 'Getz is a nightmare he can't ever add' I said 'in 2026 we will be a few games over five hundred and Getz is going to add' and now here we are and the same people are saying 'oh we should sell'? That ta-reeks of hypocrisy
-
Costas to call Sox game...
Biggest surprise to me was that this was just for a CHSN game
-
Official NBA 25-26 Thread
Oh man the suns being in the finals seems like 1000 years ago totally forgot about that.
-
And that's a White Sox Winner for for the SWEEP
This rules so much. I left in the sixth (watching tv) just thinkin “well you gotta tip your cap to a pitcher dealing”, only to see us win an hr later. Unreal that our pitching, with this staff, is this productive.
-
What Happened?
When he came up he was always compared to schoop. I don’t think it’s a coincidence they both had extremely steep cliffs.
-
Jacob Gonzalez called up, per Passan
What is this
-
And that's a back over .500 two TD and a two point conversion 15-2 White Sox winner!
There was nothing more bewildering in 2024 than constantly thinking “we could win 50 straight games and still be 10 games below .500”
-
Trade Proposals
I guess one thing I’d offer is it has not felt like solid vet types have garnered meaningful prospects in a few years. Certainly not position players.
-
And that's a series taking White Sox winner!
What do we think between Carlos Lee walk off and this whatdoyagot? still partial to Lees but today ruled
-
White Sox signing Randal Grichuk to major league deal
I feel like every year there are these vets that the sox sign for cheap and have a slow start and we release them, only for them to catch on elsewhere. 2024 was the peak there. Nice to get Grichuk on his way back up.
-
Another Ho-hum win
Also it brings me no pleasure to say Schiffens getting better.
-
Another Ho-hum win
Last year those “tracking” tweets made me so mad. It was not meaningful progress to me to be slightly ahead of the worst team of all time. This graphic I’m cool with, but I like this better
-
Official NBA 25-26 Thread
He definitely has a positive rep as a talent evaluator, and his drafts were pretty good when you look at 'what could they have drafted instead'. It's more that this team needed a big swinging culture change, with a no doubt boss (imo). When it was rumored Myers and Masai Ujiri, I think it was exciting. But grabbing obscure secondary execs and succeeding just doesn't seem likely from a Reinsdorf. They are far too vulnerable to lazy execs who won't bother them.
-
Jacob Gonzalez probably not called up:Tweet deleted
oh no did I get duped.
-
Jacob Gonzalez probably not called up:Tweet deleted
yeah I'm confused here.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
I have no idea here, it's definitely been a post-covid thing where the outfield concourse is just a mad house. I still put SOME of that on concessions - as I think everything takes too long and people are waiting for their groups or given up on watching the game the first time it takes 30 minutes to get a beer. But I maintain this is not the way it is at most other ballparks so I think it's something to how the white sox are doing it.
-
Official NBA 25-26 Thread
2 exec roles is becoming more common as sports get so professionalized. Letting the GM provide more detailed oversight of scouting operations than the VP is one of the more typical ways, while the VP deals with on-team decisions/coach relationships/agent relationships and total strategy. Or vice versa given what the head guy wants.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
I'm going to go against the grain here. The White Sox do NOT do a good job with food and drinks. They do good marketing with food and drinks, but their concessions (imo) are horribly run. I don't go to tons of games at other stadiums, but I have to say it is rare to lose a full inning to waiting in concession lines. The white sox staff the bare minimum every day. It's actually easier to get food on a packed day than a slow one. Sitting in a light section? Sorry yr walkin halfway around to home plate to be in a massive, slow moving line. Part of this is the food choice. They put stuff on there that cannot be served fast enough, that their part time emps aren't trained in. Everything is just WAY too slow by how they staff it or their food. Give a 'gameday classics' stand that just has a bunch of hot dogs that are equal to the ones in the stands, and sling em out fast and I'll eat that trash before waiting for nachozilla or whatever the f*** they add each year that takes 4 innings to get.
-
Signing Murakami best Sox decision in ages. Very good investment.
I just want to enjoy this ride and not immediately turn it into something to be nervous about. He could have easily been awful.
-
Is it time to bring up Hagen Smith?
Also more forgivable when you are throwing a true 9Ip
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
I also find it amazing how late Murakami gets his foot down and how smooth it all is. Probably more noticeable because of how high his foot goes. But his foot doesn’t go down until ball is at least halfway to plate and he looks so unrushed. Like the ball is a frisbee floating in the air except it’s at 98 mph.
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
1) looking forward to this roadtrip ending as I cannot stay up. 2) this is astonishing considering the offseason scouting