Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bmags

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bmags

  1. MLB prices continue to be so weird but the main thing seems to be a huge discrepancy in costs for trading under 30, 'successful' position players v. pitchers, and also the huge value for position player prospects vs. pitching prospects.
  2. I unno. We have all these teams who aren’t full on waiving a white flag. We have a roster crunch, he is meh on defense in RF and pereira is meh cf. I could see it with how things have gone
  3. I would guess it’s because as fans we will underrate stuff like speed and holding runners . If we were 10 games up I’d be ok with this.
  4. s%*# I hope they aren’t trading antonacci
  5. But the major leagues has featured young players getting better which is a big deal. Also underrated how a player like bonemer becoming a top 30 prospect is pretty rare for the last 25 years of Sox baseball.
  6. Ok that’s fine, he also has the crochet deal which is good value. He makes a lot of deals and stuff is gonna bite at our margins. If I had a text thread with Getz though I’d tell him to target good players and stop targeting bad ones.
  7. Maybe Peters got injured on the plane
  8. This “teams don’t get credit when players work hard and player development is fake” is the worst bit on a site that includes Greg. Getz if anything deserves credit for going after players that show they’ll work hard and not make (very good) music videos
  9. Wait til you get him outta coors tho, his numbers will skyrocket
  10. Would it be possible to move up the trade deadline
  11. assuming a small price for a pinch runner/dsub during september.
  12. I don't want to talk about it
  13. I think we are about wrapped up.
  14. That Miguel Vargas play at the end of the 8th was awesome too
  15. Sorry guys, just doing what I can for the non psychos to keep track
  16. Truly unreal pitching this weekend.
  17. Just a warning to the thread - the owner discussion is over. There is another place for it and nobody cares here.
  18. The thing about Castillo that sticks out is every time you talk about buying pitching being risky and saddling you with poor performance with a huge cost…they always seem to move pretty easily. They half-lifed the contract and have a reliever they could easily trade (for peanuts) and a prospect. Everytime people act like the team will need to have to attach value to get rid of a guy it never happens and they find someone who thinks a change of scenery will help.
  19. I just don’t really get this idea of not trying to get good players. People are panicking over Boston Smith meanwhile the dodgers get this weird world where we act like river Ryan at 45 years old is still a prospect in trading for an actual impact starter. Some weird collusion in baseball that we play along to dodgers prospects being good.
  20. The thing that killed us in the Cease trade era was suddenly the brewers opening up some guys and a few other teams. Angels may think they have a good hand with few sellers, but I mostly think teams don’t want to pay for control at the deadline, they want to trade for impact. Control is easier to price in offseason
  21. Considering people were hoping we could trade Colson so we could have plugged in Gonzo yesterday I think it’s warranted
  22. A bunch of the other college hitters were sent to Kanny
  23. Maybe our minor league pitching has been rough, but great work on the big league club.
  24. New plan. Trade for Yordan Alvarez, put him at catcher
  25. Im so confused by that at bat. Wasn’t the stolen base strike 3?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.