chitownsportsfan
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2016 -> 08:28 PM) Not sure what Rodon is throwing, but it looks bad his changeup sucks.
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
QUOTE (South Sider @ May 4, 2016 -> 08:26 PM) This ump is going to have a terrible game. A couple Rodon breaking balls were closer to the zone than that strikeout pitch to Frazier and strike 1 to Rollins, and were not called strikes. Is it just me or are the umps this year the worst ever? I have never seen not just bad zones, but INCONSISTENT zones.
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
QUOTE (chi4lyfe @ May 4, 2016 -> 08:25 PM) It's 3-0 if there were ever a season besides winter in this town... Yep, ball is dead tonight. Bodes well for Rodon tho.
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
ball isn't carrying at all tonight. Good to get a lead early.
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
that ball was further outside then the one he just called a ball. wtf.
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
now that is a quick bat. Avi, take notes!
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
Come on, light this bum up.
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
nasty slider there.
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 4, 2016 -> 08:14 PM) Cold day. I expect it to be 92-93 by the 5th Eh, it's been down all year. Same problem he had last year in college early on.
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
Rodon's fastball sucks this year. 89mph?
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 4, 2016 -> 07:34 PM) Good news for us. That pitch he hit out last night was shades of Paul Konerko circa 2004-2009. Great piece of hitting. Only trumped by the insane trick Jose did on his double. That ball was six inches off the plate inside and Jose ripped it down the line.
-
Early Trade Speculation
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 4, 2016 -> 06:10 PM) Trayce is a 4th outfielder. Not really gonna sweat that I think he could be a regular but the Sox weren't going to give him time prove it anyway. Given that they already had a decent CF on the roster and a smoking crater at 3B it made complete sense at the time and makes even more sense after they added Jackson. If someone wants to b**** about a trade Hahn has made it should be the Shark trade.
-
Early Trade Speculation
QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 4, 2016 -> 07:03 PM) I've definitely been pleased with Frazier lately, but Trayce is a damn fine player and I know from the start he was the wrong guy to give up. Montas and Micah I could handle, Trayce was a bad move. Whatever get past it and move forward, just wish they'd have thrown something else in there for the Dodgers. You have to give to get. The Dodger's didn't want a "throw in" they wanted someone that has value. That's Trayce.
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
QUOTE (raBBit @ May 4, 2016 -> 12:58 PM) Hahn said probably not today on the radio. Darn.
-
5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN
Avi back today? Hope so. Sands is actually doing OK but his strikeouts last night were downright Aviesque. Avi has been hitting the ball alright so far hopefully he can pick up where he left off before the hammy tweak.
-
The development of Tim Anderson, hitter
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2016 -> 01:42 PM) I don't see it as make or break. Even he scuffles for a few months, instead of a few weeks, that doesn't derail his career or effect his ceiling. It just adjusts the timeline. His defense improved quite a bit last year, to where most folks I talk with believe he sticks there long-term. In 2014, that would have been a 50/50 thing or maybe even lower. But I haven't seen him play this year aside from the occasional look-in via MiLB.tv. Thanks for the response I'm just not sure how much development he's going to do past age 23, regardless of how "raw" and "new" he is to baseball in general. If he doesn't development this year I think it puts a damper on his ceiling. I'm probably in the minority on that.
-
The development of Tim Anderson, hitter
Def a make or break year for Anderson as far as his ceiling. If he hits say 280/310/430 down there and plays good defense he's still in line to be a 2-4 WAR starter. If he hits 260/280/380 with mediocre defense then his ceiling is probably 1-3 WAR starter unless something strange happens with his development once he hits the bigs. How's his defense? It looked pretty good in spring. If he's a solid MLB quality defensive SS he doesn't have to hit much to have good value.
-
Playoff odds
QUOTE (Tex @ May 2, 2016 -> 05:24 PM) Since the wild card was expanded 90 wins would have made the playoffs about half of the time. The first two years something like 93 or 94 wins were necessary. The last two years less than 90. So 90 is right in the range. It's more like 86-90, or even 86-88 given that parity in the AL this year. There's not a lot of bottom feeders to get fat on like the NL.
-
5/3 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, CSN
so damn slow
-
Finding A Trade Partner for Ryan Braun
QUOTE (knightni @ May 3, 2016 -> 01:48 PM) He's a habitual liar, 'roider and has a monster contract. I really doubt that this is more than speculation. And he'd immediately become arguably the Sox' best hitter. I'd take him at the right price.
-
SoxNet: Jason Benetti Interview
QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 2, 2016 -> 10:28 PM) Appreciate it but could you explain a little more about the anachronistic comment, I take no offense mind you, would just like to understand more of what you mean. Maybe its something I can adjust a little bit. Mark the best example is probably signing your posts. Your handle is your sig. We know who is posting. It's no big deal and I enjoyed the interview with Jason. I think he's a good asset for the Sox. You're old old head too
-
John Danks should never start for the White Sox again
QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 2, 2016 -> 10:18 PM) Would be bittersweet. I'm sick of Danks because he's ineffective, but I used to love him. It's time to try other guys. Danks will get lit up again if he goes against Boston. I have a hard time getting too attached to players now. Used to be easier when I was younger. I just root for the laundry for the most part. Don't get me wrong I still have favorites and guys I like more than others but Danks was good, now he's not so it's easier for me to just cast him off.
-
SoxNet: Jason Benetti Interview
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2016 -> 12:27 PM) That's good stuff. I especially liked the part where he talked about clearing his schedule to meet with Jerry. Yea was going to say the same. Interesting that JR is still so hands on even at his age. For better or worse no doubt. Good interview Lip. I have to say sometimes your style is a bit anachronistic but you got some great answers out of Jason.
-
Jason >>>>>>>>>>> Hawk
QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 1, 2016 -> 11:09 PM) Fair enough, but that's obviously not his point. No matter the experience he gets he'll never have played pro ball, he'll never understand the mental or physical side of the game, or anything relating to the human side of the game. To Benetti, the players aren't men, they're just amusing little mice with statistics. To Hawk, the players are living breathing men in the trenches of a war, with injuries, differing levels of intellect, different strategies, different levels of nervousness, different backgrounds etc. things Benetti will never be able to comment on. Thanks for telling me the guy's batting average benetti. I get it. He gets on base 34% of the time. That's what the number means. Oh, you want to use advanced statistics? How dare you act like you're teaching any of us baseball- you've never played. I'm sure he's a nice guy and he'll be great. This is just my hazing period for him. And rightfully so. No Sox fan should just hand over the keys without him earning it. It'll be hazing season for a while, hopefully a long while. He's trying to replace one of the most unique and iconic broadcasting figures this world has and will ever see. A true master and a true legend. Pretty hot take. I dont disagree perhaps in principle but at the end of the day the broadcast quality is higher with Jason. Hawk is past his shelf life. People get old.
-
Lawrie
QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 1, 2016 -> 06:33 PM) His defense was GG caliber until this soggy series in Baltimore... cool the jets on Sanchez. Last year at 2B it was very good by eye test and advanced metrics. I just watched the 9th for the 1st time and yea he struggled at SS. That's to be expected but he's hit in the minors and over his last 300 or so MLB PA he's not awful. Not good, but passable given his glove.