Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. Damn he just missed it.
  2. I'm so fucking tired of seeing good SP, when the f*** do we play s%*# teams again.
  3. Well Ant could have done that. Yikes.
  4. I think Red Sox fans are more insufferable than Yankees fans. They are the absolute worst. Part of it is just the Masshole mentality.
  5. Red Sox come in with an 88 wrC+ against RHP. Lets keep that going.
  6. Top of the draft has been a minefield the last 5-6 years. I was looking, there's a ton of busts in the top 3, and 1,1 as well. Roch seems to have as high of a floor as possible but man if he's just an avg regular that's gonna suck.
  7. I really don't like benching Sam against LHP but it seems Will is gonna. Will help him stay fresh down the stretch I guess.
  8. Not really sure THB. If they are calling up Thorpe and/or Smith, and I'd imagine they are, he's kinda without a chair at the table on the 40 man.
  9. Read some rave reviews about Bart's defense and receiving. I take them with a grain of salt but hope they are true. Quero really stabs at the ball and Romo isn't much better.
  10. He's been bad this year but there's def some talent there. The Sox clearly don't want Braden in CF or Perieria and probably not Acuna either. Not saying that's a great idea, he seems redundant with Acuna imo, but that's what they are thinking, a glove first platoon mate for Peters. Paying a "premium" is a Hawk like get on back there stretch. Nobody wanted Adams as anything more than waiver wire bait, Vielma 90/100 never makes any MLB impact. It's not a deal I'd have done, but it's a pretty big nothing burger unless Vielma turns into a MLB regular, and that is a long shot.
  11. I didn't get the off day dive done yesterday. I'm going to try and get Castillo done before the game today. Got a couple small things at work to take care of then should have some time.
  12. Massive financial risk? GTFO. You're adding 26 million or so over two years. There isn't a chance his vesting option hits and in the world where he pitches 180+ innings it probably would be a tradeable deal. For all we know the salary floor will be implemented and we need to add another 50 million for 2027.
  13. Cle doesn't scare me at all. -16 RD, middling offense at best. They will probably win around 84 games. We just need to win 86.
  14. If you had 1.6 bWAR for Derek Hill on your bingo card go ahead and collect. Again, having good players on the fringe of the roster is good, not bad. You and I agreed we probably had the worst outfield on paper in MLB back in spring, how did that work out for everybody? Just let'em cook for now.
  15. Win tonight and relative house money games next two.
  16. 39 as of now, but the pressure isn't going anywhere right? they have some additions to think about pitching wise and position player from IL.
  17. This almost feels personal. They can work out a post deadline trade no if he clears waivers?
  18. Min Quero service time and let him get all the AAA AB doesn't hurt either.
  19. Man, feel a bit for Quero but also not really as he's stunk outside a couple clutch hits. Hopefully Romo can figure something the f*** out and run into a few.
  20. FG has us at 43% to win division, Tribe at 30%
  21. Ha, I compared him to a more serious wimpy, so I see it too, I just like how he works with Schriff. I'd think he'd work well with anybody.
  22. I think Getz did a good job threading the needle assuming this is it. We gave up some spare pieces and probably improved by about 1.5 expected wins on paper. Bart is a massive upgrade over Quero or Romo. I bet Romo is just DFA and nobody claims him. He might just be back with us one way or another. And of course we can hope that Teal can knock some rust off in September and be ready for the stretch run.
  23. This is like a .5 WAR upgrade over the last two months. Not bad.
  24. Baseball is such an odd fucking game. The Sox aren't the only team where strange regressions occur. Vlady not having a HR at home into August had to have been like 10000 to 1 odds or higher.
  25. Skubal is a b**** but I don't blame the Dodgers. I'm against a hard cap but this deferred money thing needs reform.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.