Everything posted by Balta1701
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Even Jesus hates Creed.
-
Jeremy Hermida
QUOTE (Nunnigan @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 09:26 AM) Who is to say that Konerko or Johnson can't share time at 1B and DH? If we're signing a guy who seems to average 200 at bats and hoping he can stay healthy for us, he better be in that DH slot.
-
Nancy Faust to retire after 2010
One of the many good articles on Nancy and the depletion of organists in MLB from a few years back.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 07:26 AM) The vikings have had 1 test, 2 bad teams, and one meh team so far. They beat the teams they should have, and it took a last second TD to win the test, im not willing to say they are the best team in the NFL yet. Furthermore...their QB totally broke down in the 2nd half of last season, and they haven't really been hit hard by the injury bug yet to my eyes.
-
Poll: Who is your NL Cy Young?
Well, I'm impressively surprised by how this vote looks.
-
Nancy Faust to retire after 2010
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 08:34 AM) I also hope they replace her, I really liked having a real organist at the games, instead of purely canned stuff. I think I am going to write to Brooks on this. Most of the other ballparks out there have replaced their organists with canned stuff. I feel the same way as you here. I hope they replace her, but I kinda doubt it.
-
Elias Rankings
Q: For arbitration figures, with guys like Abreu and Hudson...does the base salary count, or does their arbitration figure include the $3-4 million in incentives they earned this season?
-
Elias Rankings
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 06:57 AM) I could really see the Sox trying to bring Big Jim back. I know what Kenny said, but what other left handed run producers out there that fit our budget? Johnson, Abreu, Matsui, to a lesser extent guys like Damon, perhaps Figgins. Personally, given the skill our medical staff tends to show...I really like gambling on Johnson.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
And here they come spinning out of the turn.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Y'all need to try a new language.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Ryan Grant would have been better off just taking a knee in the end zone than running those plays.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Quit talking about him! ARGH!
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Or not, if the Packers D has anything left.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Maybe they ought to be finding that Bin Laden guy.
-
Will Beckham win AL ROY?
QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 07:05 PM) Oh, Peavy is similar to Verlander. Depends on how you define similar. Can Peavy pump it up to 99? I don't recall him doing that. But that doesn't mean he can't be just as nasty.
-
Will Beckham win AL ROY?
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 06:53 PM) oh i like them too - but not one of them is the pitcher that Verlander is. I really hope somehow, Jake Peavy becomes aware that people are saying things like this about him. Because 2 years ago, he might well have been better. And it's not like he's that old.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 06:09 PM) I'm the opposite, I've been looking forward to the Bulls since August. The Bears don't do a whole lot for me and I couldn't care less about the Blackhawks. I'm more nervous than excited about the Bulls right now. Without Gordon...there's a real legit chance that this team could start off slowly, hit the circus trip, tune out Skiles VDN completely, and just be an abject disaster this year.
-
Miguel Cabrera got drunk with Sox players Friday night?
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 05:47 PM) I don't know if its a "problem". Boys will be boys. As long as they aren't driving or risking lives, I have no problem with guys going out and drinking their sacks off as long as it doesn't interfere with their performance. Its part of life. Who hasn't gone out and got hammered in college with an exam the next day? I know I did. Does that mean I had a problem or was just probably a little or may be more than a little immature? He went 0/11 with a walk on Sunday in that series. If you're a Tigers fan, would you have a problem with that? Sure seems like it didn't help his performance at least.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 05:03 PM) Do my fellow bear fans believe that this is the Cedric Benson we were going to get when he came back last year or would we have gotten the same lazy POS player that talked and never backed it up? Cedric Benson would never have discovered the phrase work ethic had he not been cut and nearly fallen out of the league.
-
Miguel Cabrera got drunk with Sox players Friday night?
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 05:44 PM) I think its pretty presumptious to call the guy an alcoholic. I never called him an alcoholic. Why is the setup there so hard to understand?
-
Will Beckham win AL ROY?
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 05:04 PM) Porcello's core numbers are awful, everything but Wins is mediocre. ERA right around 4?
-
Poll: Who is your NL Cy Young?
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 03:37 PM) Better offense, less innings. Better offense can swing other ways though. Having a better offense can do things like push your ERA up, because you already have a 5 run lead and can afford to give up a run for an out. Yet, he still kicked arse. Lower ERA, better WHIP.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
(Takes a breath of relief after checking to see who sat at #5)
-
Poll: Who is your NL Cy Young?
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 03:33 PM) Lincecum had a better year this year, then he did last year. He's amazing. And yet, for the time he pitched, Carpenter was flat-out better.
-
Poll: Who is your NL Cy Young?
Well, perhaps there will be more disunity here.