Everything posted by Balta1701
-
Rogers suggests trading for Fielder
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:39 PM) Then I guess the Royals should be ranked above us. Except the Royals were in the same league as us.
-
Dye says "I don't really have a feeling"
QUOTE (WCSox @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:40 PM) Not to mention 2006, when he was a legit MVP candidate. And 2007-2008-first half of 2009, when he was still really good.
-
Poll: Who is your AL MVP?
Ok, I think most of the other big awards have obvious winners, or at least 1-2 dominant candidates. I'm not so sure about the AL MVP, although I know who I'd vote for. Who do you think earned it?
-
Dye says "I don't really have a feeling"
- Rogers suggests trading for Fielder
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:32 PM) They have a better record. Hard to argue. We had a better head to head record and a guy who could barely survive starting games for us went on to pitch very well in their league. It's a fairly easy argument actually. Not necessarily right, but not difficult.- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Just keep F***ing that chicken.- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Ziti would hit the spot right now.- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Really? We have enough admins in here that as long as the owner isn't watching...- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Perhaps we should take bets instead about where it ends.- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Let us celebrate the strangeness!- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Just following the thread where it takes me. Although, having Gun turrets does sound kinda cool.- 2009 AL Central Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 08:56 AM) I wonder what the Sox would look like today if Detroit had not have stepped in and one upped our offer to the Marlins for Miguel? Stuck paying way too much money to Dontrelle Willis and consequently having to sell off players for scraps?- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Hell damn ass!- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:32 AM) Are we taking any bets on who gets post #2,000? Bet its you.- Fall of '09 television thread
I'm already feeling too white to keep watching the Cleveland show. And that makes me feel very weird.- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Zoo animals don't.- Financial News
Another interesting look at the "Wall street, cancer on America's economy" setup that we keep seeing. In this case, a profitable company is bought, restructured, debt is added, the people who did the restructuring walk out with a lot of money, and then leave someone else holding the bag for all the debt that is added. Ideally, isn't this the sort of thing that capitalism is supposed to avoid? If all that a company is doing is extracting value for itself while hurting everyone else, and it is able to be successful doing that, then there's something fundamentally wrong with the system itself.- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Why do I have to put up with Hockey talk without getting the main benefit - the Canadian Health care system?- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Ugh, we turned this in to the NHL thread. Great.- Will Beckham win AL ROY?
The one other guy worth bringing up might be Andrus. Played a full year, .267 average, 6 HR, .702 OPS, 85 OPS+, but supposedly very good with the glove. I don't think I'd pick him over Becks, but he's in the top 5. I think Porcello, Beckham, Romero, Andrus is probably a good order of finish.- Will Beckham win AL ROY?
Well, the only way to answer this question honestly is to look at the competition. To me, that's Porcello and Romero. Porcello, 14-9, 165 IP, 4.04 ERA, 81 SO, 113 ERA+. Romero, 13-9, 4.30 ERA, 178 IP 141 SO, 102 ERA+. The reality is, no one really ran away with it. I think Porcello probably should win, but narrowly.- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Since they signed that guy named Satan how can you not be?- Tony Blair to be first EU President?
QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 08:37 AM) Haha, so I think it's fair to say we don't take the EU seriously/don't care. Ok, to be fair, it's an excellent idea, an impressive institution, and it's helped keep the peace, strengthen the Eurozone militarily, and has set in motion the path towards Europe being a long-term unified economic power. But yeah...Tony Blair =- Letterman claims extortion, admits relations with staff members
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 07:14 AM) Hasn't really been a good year for Dave has it. I dunno, got married, got Leno out of the way so that he's finally winning his time spot...- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Quintessential sign of the approach of the Devil's season. - Rogers suggests trading for Fielder