Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 03:42 PM) Yeah, but the rule is designed to stop the play from continuing. On a play where the helmet coming off is incidental to the end of the play, how does looking at the replay and calling it down where his helmet comes off further that goal? Instead, now we're lining them up in this dangerous position again and increasing the likelihood of further injury even more...and indeed, the next play, the center got injured. This is what I said in the fantasy football thread in response to Jake trying to rationalize this call QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 12:46 PM) I've been trying unsuccessfully of a way to word the rule that can allow that to be a touchdown but not encourage dangerous hits to an uncovered head The only thing I can think is something that considers the falling to the ground with the ball "completing the action". If Bell was fighting for extra yards with his helmet off, of course the ball is dead immediately. But he was hit and falling to the ground at once, and the ball was spotted where he was mid air, which is kind of weird. But I agree with Krush, there is a lot of gray area in it and someone could get hurt pretty bad.
-
Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread
Bo Pelini has been acting like a man who knows he will not be around after this season is over
-
Fantasy football advice thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 12:46 PM) I've been trying unsuccessfully of a way to word the rule that can allow that to be a touchdown but not encourage dangerous hits to an uncovered head The only thing I can think is something that considers the falling to the ground with the ball "completing the action". If Bell was fighting for extra yards with his helmet off, of course the ball is dead immediately. But he was hit and falling to the ground at once, and the ball was spotted where he was mid air, which is kind of weird. But I agree with Krush, there is a lot of gray area in it and someone could get hurt pretty bad.
-
Be careful when making an online review
http://kdvr.com/2013/11/29/couple-fined-35...e-may-be-legal/
-
Sox to Make Hard Push for Granderson
i dont care what he is worth, what he wants, or what he gets. DO. NOT. WANT.
-
2013 TV Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 09:31 AM) Been going through SIX FEET UNDER on HBOGO. I like it but its so dark and depressing. Tough to do marathon style at times. Everytime I watch it, Michael C Halls character just throws me off. You can kind of see Dexter in him, but then not so much
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 09:39 AM) ? He was a little out ahead of his skis on that post, lol
-
Sox to Make Hard Push for Granderson
QUOTE (beck72 @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 08:09 AM) Even though the sox would lose a 2nd round pick for signing him, Granderson makes too much sense not to go after. Provided he can be had on a 3 year deal, for around $10 mil. Per. His presence and proven production would help the sox add young guys at the bottom of the lineup in 2014 and the next few years. And would provide a big lefty bat to go with Avasail and Abreu on the right. Given how quiet the Granderson market seems to be, few teams seem willing to add Curtis because it will cost them a 1st round pick. Couldnt disagree more. I hope some other team signs him and saves the Sox from it
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 11:37 PM) I understand that you don't want players running around the field with helmets off, but he was falling down while his helmet came off. The rule should at least give him the benefit of his forward motion and give him the spot where he lands, in that case a touchdown. It was brutal though, as soon as it happened, Heath Miller went straight for the camera to block its view, like "This dude might be dead, turn that s*** off". Yea that was exactly what I thought when Miller blocked the camera. Jimmy Smith is gonna be fined for that hit. Helmet to helmet, under the chin
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 11:10 PM) Just awful. Sucks as well cause he was on his way to a big night for me fantasy wise. (yes I went there and I need him for the playoffs dammit!) I hope he's okay. Might of cost the Steelers the game too. (or at least the tie, Bell is usually money in the red zone) It was a bizarre drawn out ending to the game
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
That LaVeon Bell hit was brutal
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId...amp;src=desktop Douche move
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
Megatron is wrecking s***
-
2013-14 off season player movement thread
QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 07:57 AM) Considering Carlos Silva got this same exact deal 5 years ago, I would definitely say it's a nice deal for the Twins in this free agent environment. Let's hope that the Twins get the same return on investment that Silva provided
-
Thome donates $100k to tornado victims
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 04:51 PM) I slept through the "inland hurricane" in Carbonale that basically destroyed the whole town 3 years back. well yea, but i KNOW you were on a bender that night before
-
Thome donates $100k to tornado victims
WTF Real, were you on an all night bender Saturday night? lol
-
Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 04:13 PM) Mathematically I think they deserve it if they are ranked that way. However the MAC just isnt up to par in alot of people's eyes, and mostly because of their performance against other conferences. The MAC is very shallow defensively, and it can really show when they are up against a top 10 team. NIU for example is 3-36 against the Big Ten in the last 90 years with an average score of 13.7 to 31. Assuming OSU as the BCS rep of the Big Ten, 21-0 vs the MAC with an average score of 37-11 People see that and they dont think they can compete due to history telling them so. well two of those wins are this season. so thats good
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 04:24 PM) The Cavs are f***ing terrible. They just took Bennett first overall. That says it all. That little idiot kid with the glasses might have all the ping pong ball luck, but management has f***ed it all up. They could be rocking Kyrie, Drummond, and Oladipo. Instead they have Kyrie and Jack s***. lmao, terrible
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
- 2013-2014 NFL Thread
Ratliff and Paea practiced today. They were limited, but both of them were in helmets. Getting those two in the lineup would help a lot in the run game.- 2013-14 off season player movement thread
QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 01:23 PM) Or maybe they know it was just a flukey paper trail that got him caught, and he should be able to cheat to the level he always has without getting caught again, unless he's really, really dumb about it. dumb like have his friends and agent create a fake vitamin supplier?- 2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 12:37 PM) ChiCitySports.Com Bears: 21 of Michael Bush's 41 carries this season have gone for ONE yard or less. sadly, it seems like that is more than I remember- Sports Media Discussion
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 11:30 AM) I love Holmes. If he is indeed getting a full time spot, that's fantastic imo. I like him, but his forced laugh irritates me. Grobber is a joke, I really cant listen to that guy. I love when his producer calls him out and they run with it the next day- Sports Media Discussion
QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 09:34 AM) Isn't Grobstein's over night show something different now, the guy.....Farrell that used to be on the Howard Stern channels I think Dont think so, the daytime shows still make fun of him all the time. They have been running his clip of him singing "Bear Down" for the past three weeks after the Bears beat the Packers- China's declared airspace
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 09:41 AM) China won't f*** with Japan as long as we have Japan's back. This is all saber rattling. They have been f***ing with Japan over these islands for a while now - 2013-2014 NFL Thread