Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 05:35 PM) Guys can you move this thread? I've thought about it more and it is disrespectful to one of the greatest White Sox of all time, definitely one of our top catchers of all time, a position we've had some good ones like Fisk and Lollar and Martin and Karko, etc. This is disrespectful to a man having a great power year. No reason for it to draw traffic on the main site. AJ is not guilty at this time so WTF? Move it please to SLAM. Absolutely not. Moving it to another unrelated forum and burying it like WSI did is not what we are gonna do. This has to do with a White Sox player
  2. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 04:26 PM) All of my comments are throwaway on this issue because I dont know any of the evidence. That being said if they are going to attack the verdict I doubt it will be based on how much evidence there was. In order for the appellate court to overturn merely on evidence (as opposed to law) the standard is manifest weight of the evidence. Which basically means unless no one could have found Peterson guilty the verdict stands. If they appeal based on law, its de novo (the court can look at anything), so the standard is much lower. The appeal is going to be rough regardless, a lot of criminals who have been wrongfully convicted couldnt even win. It took exculpatory evidence to finally get them free. And this wasnt a direct response to anyone, more just a comment on the potential appeal process, as I know some of you fully well understand it and dont need me to tell you the standards of review. Im surprised you dont think this will get flipped. Im also kind of surprised you seemingly arent mad at the guilty verdict with the hearsay evidence presented
  3. QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 02:53 PM) He was convicted of the wife they found in the bathtub I believe. I know, I want them to find Stacy so that he is in jail for a proven murder, not because of circumstantial hearsay evidence
  4. i hope some day Stacy pops up somewhere so it is no longer circumstantial
  5. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 02:39 PM) how about a Tribune article quoting a politician on White Sox attendance? The answer is Mayor Daley in the club seats with the candlestick
  6. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 02:36 PM) Verdict to read sometime around 3 PM today I am sure Drew will be smirking the entire time
  7. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 02:10 PM) I guess I do technically have a Comcast e-mail address of some sort. But I've only been using my Yahoo since my UIUC adress expired 8 years ago. Guess it's no WSI board for me. Oh no! you should be so sad that you dont get the opportunity to get banned for having a different opinion
  8. QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 01:06 PM) They don't allow Yahoo! email addresses? WTF? Why? IIRC no hotmal, yahoo, gmail or other web email addresses to protect against spammers
  9. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 12:59 PM) Yeah, that is pretty bad way of dealing with it. Why act like it didn't happen. It was a rumor that was out there. It isn't like someone was making up trade ideas or something. Philosophical differences I guess. But I am an Admin God, just so everyone knows. demi-god until 100K
  10. QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 12:52 PM) Further proof that wsi is a s***ty, vastly inferior website... I like that they made the thread no longer accessible to the public. NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG. BACK TO YOUR LIVES OR RISK BANISHMENT. NO YAHOO EMAIL ADDRESSES. ADMINS ARE GOD.
  11. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 11:24 AM) Giants secondary looked really bad last night, even Corey Webster who is normally pretty good. The D line wasnt getting the crazy push up front that they normally get, and the DBs were dropping like flies. Once Murray broke off that run where he bounced off Tuck and Bernard and took off for 40+ i knew they were in trouble. I barely heard Kiwanukas name and Pierre Paul had a decent game, but not like they did down the stretch last season
  12. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 09:10 AM) Chris Perez follows up his earlier act of trashing Indians fans by trashing ownership and the front office in Cleveland. http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2012/09...m-on-owners-gm/ classy guy. his confrontation with the fan in Oakland was good stuff too
  13. QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 11:03 AM) I'll take Bradshaw's numbers last night anyday. Giants seem fine with running on big downs and in the goal line. That's good news in fantasy... More important takeaways, is Kevin Ogletree the new Laurent Robinson? hard to say, the Giants defensive backfield was pretty beat up last night. Romo could have just been finding the open guy because Austin and Bryant were being blanketed by the healthy DBs
  14. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 10:37 AM) There were PED rumors about Verlander and/or Prince a few weeks ago too. Payback is a b**** I guess. When did Kate Upton and Hamburgers start getting referred to as PEDs
  15. Strange how the Sox have missed Hochevar the entire season except for (iirc) the first series of the season
  16. Giants do not look so Superbowl-ish
  17. QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 05:55 PM) Quentin: .262/.371/.502 in 77 games Viciedo: .239/.282/.371 in his last 77 games So an .873 OPS for Quentin in the toughest hitters park in MLB versus a .653 for Viciedo over that same time. Huge difference. I looked at Quentin's last years stats vs viciedos current stats. And nice of you to only use viciedos last 77 games vs his entire season. It is worth noting that Quentin started this season like a house on fire and totally fell off to his current numbers. Bottom line is Quentin is not reliable whatsoever
  18. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 06:10 PM) So then why did you post it if you don't even like it yourself? I think it looks funny, I love rob cordry, ty Burrell, and have a mad crush on Olivia Wilde. I think it looks like something in the vein of Drop Dead Gorgeous. In other words, I would pay more than 5 dollars to see it
  19. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 05:57 PM) Not if we are about to lose AJ for 50 games. Does that include playoffs? God I hope not. Is this question for real? LMAO, you think they would allow him to come back and play in the playoffs and then go back to being suspended next season?
  20. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 05:47 PM) Well, I wish I could have those minutes back. Im sure you do
  21. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
  22. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 05:19 PM) What's that mean. At least I apologize unlike some mods (not you) who accused me of something in another thread that I didn't say. Some are too proud to apologize even on a message board; if I err or offend incorrectly I will apologize. Im just laughing at you saying he was owned. Nothing more. It isnt an acronym
  23. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 05:07 PM) I know he won't do it, cause he didn't do anything like that regarding Melky, but AJ's power surge this season was hugely dramatic. You gotta admit. He hasnt done that regarding anyone. And he wont
  24. QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 02:07 PM) owned me? i'm on his side. PWNDTT

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.