Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2012 AL Central Catch-All thread
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 02:13 PM) Smyly back on DL. blister again?
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 02:12 PM) Just look of his highlights on youtube. Obviously he feels comfortable driving and either drawing contact or finishing. Worst case scenario on offense: PG version of Jimmy Butler. No, worst case scenario is John Lucas without an outside shot. And that, my friend, is an absolutely worthless player in the NBA Highlights on youtube? High School players make their own highlight reels on youtube. You never tend to see the bad stuff though, funny how that works
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 02:00 PM) Has Danks made any good plays defensively since he's been up? He played a huge role in causing the Sox to lose a game to the Dodgers by turning a single into a triple. Last night, it seemed like he wasn't playing deep enough in that situation. He seems more comfortable in CF. The ironic thing is he looks much more competent at the plate than a lot of us thought he would. Yea I am pretty sure Danks made a key diving catch a few weeks back when he spot started. Minnesota maybe?
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
You know who the bulls need? Dimitris Diamantidis. Best defender in FIBA 6 times! Sign him up!
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 02:06 PM) We're going into the season with 1 proven PG on the roster. PG depth is something we do need. And this guy is never going to play on the court at the same time as Derrick Rose. But if he does, at least he's another guy that can play off him, can run the floor with him and can put pressure on defenses like him. And adding Beverley still leaves the Bulls with 1 proven PG on the roster. PG depth is fine. Shoot higher, I would rather have Mike James' corpse on the roster than Beverley. And you are sure projecting a lot of talent on a guy who has never played in the NBA.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 01:22 PM) You want us to make big moves, I get it. The small moves aren't sexy. They disinterest you. But Lucas had to play big minutes for us last year and if it comes to that again I'd like someone on the roster who can do more than just chuck 3's. No, don't misinterpret me because I'm not hugging Beverleys nuts like you are. I understand that the bulls need to replace Bench depth, they just lost two long range shooterS in Korver and Watson and you are advocating putting another undersized pg on the bench, but this guy can't even shoot well from long range by your own admission and draft Profile you posted, so I'm supposed to be excited about that because he is scOring in Russia and Europe? The bulls are also going to end up cutting him when Rose comes back, so your idea of adding this dynamic ball handler and inside scorer next to Rose isn't going to happen either. In short, it's a waste of time, the bulls have a lot of important bench scoring to replace and putting an undersized pg on the roster as the third guard is just a dumb idea That said, it is such a Pax move
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 12:51 PM) Here is Beverley's DraftExpress profile: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Patrick-Beverley-1132/ As you can see, the sample size is small, but he looks like a poor long range shooter. Could that explain him not being picked up by any NBA team? But on the good side, he also seems to get to the line a lot and shoot a good percentage from the stripe. 4.8 assists in 32 minutes to 2.5 turnovers. A high number of steals per game K, that's great. Seems like a good euro player, I set my sights a bit higher than "well he seems better than Lucas", that's all
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 12:28 PM) He's a good defender, a good ballhandler, he's athletic and can finish at the rim. What more do you need to know about him? Sign him up, he sounds like an improvement over Lucas already. Why hasn't he been picked up by Anyone else in 4 years if he is so good?
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 12:09 PM) I know I'm late to the party on discussing Beverely (I've been celebrating my birthday the past couple days) but I wanted to throw my 2 cents in there. To go along with the points made about Lin being waived a couple times, and the fact that 2 of the better PGs in the league are 6'0'' and 6'1" (Paul and Rondo). From all the reports I've read this guy is a real good scrappy defender, and he plays much bigger than his size. The guys a tremendous rebounder for someone his size, he lead Arkansas in rebounding his Sophomore year (6.6) including a 14 point 15 rebound game against LSU. In the Euro league he averaged 7 rebounds per game while averaging nearly 17ppg. Also not that it matters, he won the slam dunk competition out there as well so he can obviously play above the rim....All that said I think he's potentially more of a poor mans Rondo/Westbrook (smaller guys that play bigger than they are) than JL3 V2. Only way he gets minutes though is if they plan on using Kirk at SG, which at this point in time is not a bad idea. Again, you are comparing two elite players to a guy who hasn't gotten any play from the nba since he has been drafted. Some guy floating around the euro league dominating the power forward position isn't going to succeed at 6'4" because Charles Barkley did it. He is there for a reason
-
Trade Deadline Top Pitching Targets
The Sox are going to trade Hudson for Lance Lynn, straight up
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
That game was just nuts, twice doubling off runners with the game on the line to end innings, Tanks homer, Beckhams double, Youks game ender.(and plenty more I am leaving out It was fun to watch but I needed a prilosec after it was over. btw I really thought Hawk called a good game last night. He could have gotten tired and bored but he was into the game all night until the last pitch.
-
(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead
Sage Stallone, 36 year old son of Sylvester Stallone, cause undetermined. He was with his father in Rocky V
-
2012 Films Thread
Garfield played Peter Parker very well, he wasnt a hipster, or a nerd, but he was more of an outcast. Lizard was anything but lame, his character was awesome
-
Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 12:13 PM) I have seen a lot of guys come in from playing college ball and suck defensively. The ball comes off the bat differently, and they often get burned by flyballs over their head. So anyway, without my bat, I am so lost at the plate. I think it's more mental than anything else, but I was 1/3 last week, and was 0/2 yesterday. My average has dropped from .708 down to .621. its in your head
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
You are right, I will amend that to say "I am sure it involves an awesome offseason of Hinrich, Korver, Beverley, and Ridnour"
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 12:49 PM) Not sure what their plan is with Asik but I'm sure they have one... Im sure it involves panic
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 12:33 PM) We weren't debating actual talent, you posted that being 6'1 was a detriment for a PG and I posted that 6'1 doesn't have to be. Stockton was 6'1 and was the great PG this side of Magic. Do I think Beverly can be Stockton? Of course not but being 6'1 shouldn't be the end all, hopefully this kid can contribute off the bench because obviously he's got handles judging by that video and we need more ball handlers. Hey, you made the comparison, not me. It is a detriment, players in the NBA are bigger . Like I said, Stockton was an exception not the rule. There is a reason the kid hasnt played in the NBA since he was drafted
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 12:20 PM) That never stopped a certain PG who played for the Jazz... did that certain PG float around europe for the first three seasons of his career? There are exceptions, and there are rules.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 11:14 AM) I'm okay with our 3rd stringer being 6'1" as long as he can see around defenders well enough to pass, which JL3 couldn't do. This is usually a byproduct of being 6'1"
-
Friday the 13th Game Thread: Sox @ Royals!
Where are the Quintana penis sheaths?
-
Trade Deadline Top Pitching Targets
As enticing as BMac is, I just wish the guy could stay healthy.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 11:03 AM) What's wrong with being a 6'1" PG? Nothing, in europe
-
Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 10:57 AM) Talk about trying too hard... you arent kidding. And it was insanely obvious. We were just like "come on man, relax. this is softball, just have fun"
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 10:52 AM) He's just bench depth. But get excited by the fact that this team is headed in a new direction: FO targeting players with certain skillsets to compliment Derrick. LOL, you are excited about a player that makes Jannero Pargo look big?
-
Slow pitch softball thread
We had a new guy play with us last night, who is an ex college baseball player. I dont think he could have had a worst first impression if he tried. Because he had an incredible arm he refused to throw to a cutoff, ended up(from RCF) throwing the ball into the 3rd base dugout 3 times, dropped one ball, tried to ballfake a ball that dropped in front of him by 15 feet, got burnt on a flyball near the fence by coming in first, got in a pickle between 2nd an 3rd and got picked off, and to top it all off in anger he threw his glove in the air, and it ended up going over the fence and stopped the game for a few minutes while he ran around the fence to go get it. He hit ok, he hit a homer and single, but he got picked off, so it kind of mitigated the single. Oh, AND he locked his keys in his car with his lights on.