Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:42 PM) Thats not what I said, I said: So you bring up 1 coach, who they paid well for half of his tenure. That doesnt exactly disprove my point. I cant even believe that anyone would argue this. You arent disproving my point, you are trying to bring 1 outlier and act as if I said: The Bears have never paid top dollar for a coach See the difference? As for your crying comment, last I checked I never have asked anyone to fight my battles. Ill just wait over here for you to prove that the Bears: "ARE WELL KNOWN FOR PAYING TOP DOLLAR FOR COACHES", because unless you can disprove that, you are just wasting everyone's time. Your not even arguing semantics well, because my quote is still clearly true, you just tried to create a strawman, that the Bears never have paid top dollar, which wasnt what I said. badger, you sir are hilarious. have a good day.
  2. John Danks! What? Nobody is with me?
  3. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:59 PM) There's got to be something physically wrong with Danks. This season is going to be a long one, revolving door from AA/AAA to Chicago all season long for pitching tryouts. Nothing looks physically wrong. The stuff is the same, he just sucks
  4. See balta? I knew Danks would give it right back. He just needed some time. Ahhhhhh money well spent, Danks
  5. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:39 PM) Danks tried hard but just couldn't do it. The ump was all that stood in Danks way
  6. QUOTE (Baron @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:37 PM) So Morel one of the worst hitters in baseball doesnt make a play on defense....good news everyone Come on, he was pulled in and the ball was rocketed past him. That is a tough play for anyone, and you certainly aren't guaranteed the out even if he comes up with it since Jackson is running.
  7. This is where Danks hands those runs right back
  8. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:26 PM) now up to .125 on the year vs. LHP The platoon man still hitting .000, no?
  9. JDINA f***ING A
  10. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 14, 2012 -> 06:18 PM) You mean if you take 1 sentence and then ignore the explanation of the statement. I dont do that. I always let people explain their position if the first statement is nothing more than a clearly generalized statement that most people would agree is true. Its not like my first statement is in conflict with my explanation, you merely are hanging your hat on an outlier, where as I was making a more general comment on the entire Bears coaching history. The Bears historically do not pay new coaches well. Lovie Smith was one of the lowest paid coaches. The Bears have never hired a big name coach to start. In fact since as far back as Im willing to go (Jack Pardee), the Bears have not hired any coach who had already coached in the NFL, all of their coaches were previously assistants, being given their first NFL head coaching chance, Armstrong, Ditka, Dave Wannstedt, Dick Jauron, Lovie Smith. So I dont get what point you are trying to make, other than you seem to be following me around trying to snipe about nothing. The Bears historically do not spend a lot of money on new coaches, I cant find one example to go against this, which was the point about Cowher. It could happen, its just something that has never happened in my life time. I cant believe anyone even wants to argue this. Oh stop crying Badger, I am hardly following you around. You said the Bears historically do not pay coaches top dollar. If you had originally said they dont pay new coaches well, I would absolutely agree with that, because the Bears do not hire coaches that have HC experience, therefore they can get away with paying them less than most coaches in the NFL. But the Bears pay Lovie very well, so it isnt as if they are cheapskates across the board. Lovie proved to them that he could win, and he was rewarded with a very lucrative contract that placed him in the upper echelon of coaches in terms of contract. if Cowher somehow came to the Bears, it would be a different animal altogether in two ways, 1) he has a long history of winning as a head coach, and 2) he will command a very large paycheck
  11. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2012 -> 04:51 PM) That means something other than a PED right? So he's a #1 draft pick of the Rays who is struggling because of a drug problem? For God's sake, grab this guy if he's ever available in the rule 5 and make him hang out with Floyd or Humber or someone like that. Yes, not a PED. Weed, coke, meth. He was doing something. And yea, another #1 Rays pick struggling with drugs.
  12. Tim Beckham was also busted for using a "drug of abuse" this year, which was his second violation and has him sitting for a while.
  13. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 14, 2012 -> 03:52 PM) There are different lists some have him at 5 others at 10, either way he is only being paid about what Cowher was paid in 2006. http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesNFLCoaches.htm http://www.buzzle.com/articles/nfl-coaches...oaches2011.html The key being that it is estimated Cowher made about $4-$5mil in 2006. So I just cant see the Bears paying the $7mil+ necessary to get Cowher, unless he takes a pay cut from his last job. It also should be noted Lovie's salary is due to raises etc, his first contract was no where near this value. In 2006 Lovie smith was being paid $1.3mil as one of the lowest coaches. So yes it is true Lovie Smith eventually got paid, the Bears did not sign him to a huge contract to start, it took him years to get that money. Where as Cowher would want it day 1, drastic difference. You know, if I had my soxbadger hat on I would just point to your original statement and say that it looks nothing like the above bolded
  14. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2012 -> 03:44 PM) I don't really get why J4L found it comical. That is an awful injury that effects just about every movement in your body. It sounds like "my tummy hurts". But I totally agree with you, much like your back when you strain an abdominal muscle it f***ing hurts
  15. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 14, 2012 -> 01:00 PM) The Bears arent well known for paying top dollar for coaches. Hasnt Lovie been in the top 5 paid coaches since his last contract?
  16. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2012 -> 03:17 PM) Chris Bosh out indefinitely with an abdominal strain? lol. That's sounds just like a Chris Bosh type of injury. Anyway, I read that LeBron will spend a lot of time at the 4 with Battier at the 3. Poor David West. They'll still roll the Pacers. But the Celtics definitely have a shot now. Same injury that caused Manu to miss 15 games this season
  17. Bill better hope that Lovie fails hard. And Emery isnt exactly setting him up to fail like Angelo did to Jauron
  18. I love how Stern fined Vogel for saying that the Heat are floppers, and then had an interview where he said flopping is a major concern for him and it needs to be addressed. When did it become a fineable offense to say another team is a bunch of floppers? Is that some sort of ref criticism?
  19. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    this thread just took a horrific turn
  20. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2012 -> 09:10 AM) ... which makes your reply all the more confusing. Im done being confused. you are confusing me more. stop it.
  21. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2012 -> 09:03 AM) I am not allowed to think a movie looks bad? I apologize for hurting your delicate feelings. My point was how tired I am of hearing the Black Keys on f***ing everything. You are very much allowed, my feelings arent hurt. I honestly had no idea what you were talking about, I dont listen to the black keys so your comment made very little sense to me
  22. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:43 AM) Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh kayyyyyyyyyyy? thats kind of what I was thinking when I read your reply. I just posted the trailer because I saw it and I know some people like Will Ferrell and Zach G.
  23. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:29 AM) The Black Keys have literally said "no" to zero people requesting their music. thats great and all but i dont care
  24. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:57 AM) Viciedo, OTOH, really did have a fracture when his hand was HBP last year and it bugged him at least all of last season. didnt he also break or sprain his thumb at the end of spring training? tough season on the hands if so

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.