Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 13, 2012 -> 08:46 PM) Well, yeah, I guess we do shift our OF about 10 feet when a lefty is up, but I was more of less thinking of infield shifts or when teams would bring in a 5th IF. Its actually a tournament strategy. I play against some pretty damn good teams that play tournaments all the time in joliet, and every single one of them plays 2 shortstops and 3 outfielders. When I played a tournament in Carol Stream 2 weeks ago every team we played used that strategy. It is silly to lesser teams like the teams me and you run. But when you get to the next level where the players are ex college players and are much more athletic than the average guy like me and you that play maybe once or twice a week, they play the game to not allow the bleeder single in the hole, and make hitters hit it in front of the OF or over the fence. I also use the normal infield and 4 man outfield, but those big boy teams use proven strategies.
  2. We play at Melas park in Arlington Heights, 3 fields are at 300, and one is 285. We only play on one field though, and that is a 300 field. We only rotate to other fields during a tournament or playoffs
  3. QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:18 PM) I'm out after that play by Escobar. If Sox don't rally to win this game, they've proven again they can't get up for the s*** of the Central Division. Losing 2 of 3 would be bad. So sad to see you go. Goodbye
  4. Matt Thornton I hate your face
  5. QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2012 -> 02:09 PM) No, cause Escobar has done nothing; Wise produced and still is in baseball, on the NY Yankees. Just as Juan Pierre is still in baseball. Wise and Pierre are not in the same stratosphere in terms of production at the major league level. Pierre used to be a lock for 200 hits a season for quite a long time, with at least 30 stolen bases. Wise probably hasn't had that type of production for his entire career. Escobar and Wise are very similar in that they both don't really belong at the major league level for anything more than 25th guy on the roster.
  6. QUOTE (iamshack @ May 13, 2012 -> 02:06 PM) He's always been very good defensively. Who shared this with the Hawkeroo is the real question. Yes, very good. Hawk gave him one of his patented "best I have seen in my 53 years of baseball...."
  7. QUOTE (Reddy @ May 13, 2012 -> 02:02 PM) that's what they looked like back in the day. they straightened it out for the new logo. I know, I'm just blithering on about petty things
  8. When did francouer become this legendary rightfielder that Hawk is telling me about?
  9. I like the uniforms, but I don't like the font of "SOX" on the cap and uni. It just looks off to me, like a kid tried to replicate what we see now
  10. QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:54 PM) It's not easy to like Escobar. You love Dewayne Wise, Escobar should be your bestie on this team
  11. QUOTE (Reddy @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:50 PM) Dick Allen, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. No idea about the business of baseball. No idea about how the game is played in 2012. No idea about position scarcity. No idea about how to properly value players. Go read some books on sabermetrics and go play some fantasy baseball. Then come back and post as a baseball fan who actually understands the game, and not just cute marketing slogans. I agree with some of what you are saying but your line about playing fantasy baseball as a way of properly valuing baseball players in a real setting is pretty ridiculous
  12. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2012 -> 10:21 AM) Looks like Humber might have to be near perfect: La La, cf Be Be, 2b D, 1b Ko Ko, DH R-ios, rf Tanks, lf Ty Flo, c Mo Mo, 3b E bar, ss Perfectomundo, p For soxtalk correctness
  13. The Return to Sanity tour will hopefully be followed by the World Domination Tour. Go Sox!
  14. My agenda today is to follow this thread
  15. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2012 -> 08:54 AM) Hamilton will hurt himself and miss a month of the season. I agree with this, but Hamilton sure is padding his lead
  16. Twins havent cracked 10 wins yet, that is nuts
  17. who would have thought that Miami's press would irritate Ozzie more than Chicago that headline is priceless, by the way
  18. Your #1 is a hilariously outrageous scenario. The chances of that happening are slim to none and slim just left town.
  19. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2012 -> 02:14 PM) I don't currently play, but I have been in some leagues that didn't have limits. It was really stupid. Yea the big boys tend to ruin those leagues. The only thing that is worse than a no homerun limit league, is a no fence league.
  20. QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 12, 2012 -> 01:35 PM) Whenever I really try to juice it I pop it up so I give it a solid swing for good contact and its a rope but never that deep drive. There has to be some trick that those super fat guys do to crush the ball. The trick is top hand strength. If you watch the guys that hit home runs, it looks like they are swinging an axe, but they never dip their shoulders. It is all upper body, chest and arms for those guys. Illinikrush, you play in a no limit homerun league? I play in a 3 homer limit, 1 and 1 league. That means we each get three homeruns, but when each team ties at 3, home team gets a homerun, away team gets a homerun, back and forth. However, if my team hits all three and the other team has none, the next homerun is an out. I have played in a league where they are singles instead of outs. The largest limit I have played in is 5.
  21. Lol, a player appreciation thread turns into a hate-on-the-nickname thread before it even rolls over to two pages. Oh Soxtalk, how I love thee, let me count the ways.....
  22. QUOTE (High Mileage @ May 12, 2012 -> 12:39 PM) I don't understand the Pods hate. He was very good for us in 2010, I was disappointed when we gave him way to the Dodgers. Pods is good in small doses. Once you have him for a while, the warts(bad defense, strange baserunning lapses and failures, injury) start to show. I will forever remember him for 2005, but im not sad he is gone
  23. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 12, 2012 -> 10:40 AM) Before Cyclops and the movie director left, X-Men last stand was the Dark Phoenix saga. stop jerking off you nerd
  24. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
  25. QUOTE (Reddy @ May 12, 2012 -> 09:41 AM) um. none of this is true. ssshhhh it fits the narrative

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.