Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Knuckles @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 03:31 PM) Royals just released Moises Sierra. Have to make room for THE Alex Rios
  2. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 03:11 PM) Emery almost has to pick a overly safe person. No, I think Emery has to pick someone who knows how to get it done.
  3. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 03:16 PM) My list...which I think we all know starts with Harbaugh, goes onto expand to Cowher / Dungy / Gruden. There is absolutely no way I don't back channel and throw the keys to the kingdom to them. Outside of Harbaugh, I don't think the others would be interested, but what we need (especially because I do think we have more talent than our record) is a change of culture and any of these 4 guys would bring with them a total culture shock. After last night you can cross Gruden off. Pretty sure Tirico said that per his Espn contract he will not be coaching until the earliest 2021
  4. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 02:01 PM) What i'm saying is I would prefer 10 different Generic Terrible Action Movies over 10 movies bases on the Avenger characters, or Iron Man 6 or Fast and Furious 22. At some point, move on, let's find a new character, a new book to adapt, whatever. Yea, you can go ahead and take your Nic Cage, and I will take Marvel every time
  5. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 01:27 PM) Unless I'm looking at something wrong, I see seven games he started in the leadoff spot and three in the two hole. 10 starts batting first or second. And I totally misread the #9 spot numbers, he did get the bulk of his starts at the bottom of the lineup like he should have. Regardless, 10 starts at the top of the lineup is poor decision-making. Any option would have been better than Leury Garcia, that's the point I'm making. I skimmed through in my break and only found the three games that he started where he lead off, maybe he ended up there on a switch or maybe i missed a few. I know that i dont want him hitting there, but i also know that there was a period of time when injury to Eaton really messed up the lineup and it got even more complicated when Gordon was hurt and De Aza was batting .100. I dont think Robin sat there and said "man, i really want Leury leading off", and I agree he probably put him there because of his speed, but I just think it is such a minute and inconsequential thing to complain about when you look at how last year unfolded.
  6. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 01:03 PM) When you bat the worst hitter in baseball leadoff who also happens to be very fast, I don't think I'm assuming anything. This wasn't a one time thing and I'm sure I could find other speedy guys he's handled similarly if I wanted to. Leury batted leadoff three times all season. Robin made a lot more questionable decisions than those three widely spread out chances to lead off aside from three times that he batted second, he never batted above 8th
  7. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 10:01 AM) Great read on the future of Hollywood. And all those terrible f***ing comic book movies. http://grantland.com/features/2014-hollywo...ses-box-office/ They are just making up for the century that comic book movies werent made.
  8. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 09:57 AM) You guys seriously think anybody would give up even a 7th round pick for Cutler and that contract? There's no way that's possible. Maybe if he were underpaid or halfway through the contract, but teams are on the hook for guaranteed money. I think he'd be much better with a change of scenery, but IMO, he's the least valuable QB in the league right now. As long as Daniel Snyder owns a team, there is a chance
  9. QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 08:05 AM) So you figure he just lost count of how many pitchers he had in the bullpen? Is it better to use a ss who's never pitched before in his life in a tie game? AGAIN, he used ALL OF HIS PITCHERS. Look for yourself, they all sucked http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CH...201404160.shtml
  10. QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 07:49 AM) Yes, I guess I figured he just got mad and said anybody can pitch as good as you guys. Which I can't say I blame him, but still the game was tied. It felt like to me he was frustrated and gave up. He literally had no pitchers left, unless he was going to turn to a starter that was due to throw that day for between-start conditioning.
  11. QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 07:32 AM) My question is did RV manage the bullpen or did Coop? I still have to scratch my head in wonder when he brought in LGar in a tie game in April. you mean the game i just referenced when they ran out of pitchers, because not one pitcher could get an out?
  12. QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 07:03 AM) I think the way things are run at Halas Hall, the way they like to beat things into the ground, Emery and Trest and Cutty will all be present in 2015 and feeding fans the same crap. 2 weeks ago, i would have agreed with you. After last night, I really dont believe there is any chance Trestman survives and I think they will try as hard as they can to move Cutler
  13. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 10:11 PM) This is a great point. We had a bunch of nobody relievers last year. Not sure I'm going to give Robin a lot credit for ditching any of them fairly quickly. At the same time, he shouldnt get the blame when the entire pen couldnt get outs(which he did get a lot of the blame). The biggest example to me was the extra inning game where they ran out of pitchers. Well, they ran out of pitchers because every pitcher gave up hits and walks and had to be removed.
  14. QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 09:02 PM) I enjoy hearing from both sides. Traditional and saber/ new age baseball philosophy brings a healthy and interesting aspect to discussing baseball. Dude, they are called SABES. Get it right
  15. When this bears regime is out the door(hopefully in 3 weeks), i have a feeling there is gonna be a lot of anonymous stories about how badly dysfunctional this group really is. Who knows, maybe someone will actually put their name on it.
  16. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 09:52 PM) I love Gruden ripping the Bears for mistake after mistake. Tirico just sounds sad to be there
  17. The fans in attendance to hate-watch are not amused
  18. Empty stadium, pathetic offense, defense and special teams. What other reason do you need to light this motherf***er on fire and burn it down.
  19. Lol, the Bears are hilariously bad against the screen
  20. Welcome to Thunderdome
  21. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 12:34 PM) I didn't see every error he made, but I did see some, and the majority of them were problems of footwork and throwing hitches. a lot of the errors came after really tough stops, he would pop up and you could see his footwork get messed up and the ball would sail on him
  22. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 10:47 AM) Probably true...I don't know all the nuances of the Palmer deal and how much was guarantee which ultimately will be a large driver of cap hit. Given his injury history, you would have thought they would have had some protection built in, but I don't know that for a fact. lol, Palmer didnt even give them one full game after he signed that contract
  23. Zip it

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.