Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 01:48 PM) Hell no to Cargo...and anybody on the Rockies really. I don't see any good fits for us unless it involves us getting Tulo...which isn't happening. Reds make a lot more sense to me though. Bruce and Leake for.....? I have no idea but those 2 certainly make a lot of sense for both sides. Leake is a FA, but could possibly be resigned for a reasonable price Hell no to Cargo, but hell yea to Bruce? I would much rather gamble on Cargos health then go with Bruces "meh"
  2. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 12:29 PM) I bought the walmart 50 inch tv. Haven't received it yet. Obviously it'll be off brand, but I'll certainly take it at that price. I got it last year, my off brand is Cielo. The TV is nice, works well. Directv doesnt recognize the brand, though, so I cannot program my remote
  3. i honestly dont think Rex Ryan goes back to DC. His name and history is probably going to get him another HC job(a la Lovie)
  4. QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 11:56 AM) I've been worrying about this ever since I first saw the news about the possibility of Dish losing CSN. It is my only option to watch the Sox, Bulls and Blackhawks (aside from the few games shown on WGN, ESPN, etc.). I live in a town of 1000 people and we do not have access to the big cable providers and due to sight lines I am unable to get Directv. Hopefully they come up with a long term contract otherwise I'm screwed. When is the last time you asked Directv to see if it was available? I thought they launched a few more satellites so they could provide more coverage
  5. Those banners make me want to get rid of NBC/Comcast.
  6. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 10:22 AM) Almost unbelievable how well this team was built after being shot down by Melo over the summer. This team is better for NOT landing Melo. Not enough credit is given to the Bulls FO in my opinion. A healthy Bulls team is easily the best East team and a legit title contender. Have you noticed that there has been a few "Melo: I almost chose the Bulls" articles in the last month? You know that guy(while swimming in his scrooge mcduck money pool) is kicking himself watching the Bulls succeed
  7. Kyyle23 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 09:28 AM) Do you guys have Smashburger there? Yessir, one about 20 minutes from me in Batavia
  8. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 10:06 AM) I obviously don't know but I think it was just bad writing. They thought pairing him with Heyman was a good idea but he was starting to get over as a face and it just confused the audience. I think the timing with Heyman was just all wrong. How can Cesaro be his guy, if every time Heyman grabs a mic he is talking about Brock Lesnar? That just didnt make any sense. It could have worked if the most shocking loss in Wrestlemania didnt happen. Heyman can have a stable, but not if Brock is around. If Brock is around, then Heyman has one guy, that is it.
  9. I just dont get why he got buried. I want to know why, he was megahot when he won that Andre the Giant rumble. the very next day on RAW you could tell that they were done with that.
  10. Kyyle23 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Im not gonna lie, Wendys jumped the shark for me. I used to love it, now im not so into it. I think its the baconator, i prefer the Bacon classic and they act like its a big pain in the ass to make that and charge me extra for the lettuce/tomato/onion
  11. QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 08:31 AM) I actually don't think that Forte is that great. He is an above average runner and a top tier pass catcher as a RB. He's an awful pass blocker, from what appears to be laziness. He's really good, I want him on the team, we should be running more, but I don't think it's any kind of travesty that he doesn't get 30 rushes per game. This is fine, but it isnt "I want him off the team he is garbage and a stat padder". I would like to see him get at least 20 carries, get some heat off of Cutler.
  12. Wasnt Medlen a reliever? I could have sworn he was setup for them
  13. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 08:15 AM) Especially when you have one of the top 5 or 6 RBs in the league as well Speaking of, there has been a guy who has called every 670 The Score daytime show this week claiming that Forte isnt good and that the Bears need to get rid of him because all of his production is garbage time production. it has been absolutely hilarious hearing every show shut him down. He starts every call the same and then starts on Forte, and you can practically hear the record scratch sound when they realize what he is saying
  14. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 07:50 AM) I don't even get that upset about the lack of runs so much as the lack of creating plays which are designed to beat the pass rush. Roll Jay out, work quick slants and outs, etc. I watch all these other teams play and see a variety of schemes employed to beat a good run defense that also rushes the passer well. But we just seem to run the same old s***, game after game after game. Im not a "run to pass should be 50/50" type guy, and of course i want to see more creativity with Cutler, but that was just stupid on thursday. I just think Trestman got to a point when things got bad that he is afraid to move, and now the playbook is as simple as simple could be. If i never see another bubble screen in my life i will die a happy man. Rip that page out of the book and draw up something else, you cant march up and down the field all game on that one play
  15. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 07:38 AM) If it's JUST Anderson, maybe not, but I think it would be a poor decision. Just because Beane overpaid with Russell doesn't mean the Sox should. I dont know, to me Anderson isnt in the same stratosphere as Russell. Not even close. He is one of the better Sox prospects in a while, but Russell is elite right now. If Anderson went for a rental, I would be pissed. If Shark extended right away, im cool with it.
  16. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 07:12 AM) I saw that too, I just didn't include his name because he has little input into the playcalling. The other three are the main culprits, yet they just kind of play the "I don't know what happened" game. Someone mentioned that the score got away from them, but to start the 2nd half only down 10, they called 12 straight passes. Next drive down 7, 4 passes and 1 run. Cutler had no opportunity to play action, which is actually when he performs better. Forte actually called that out too, he said the D line was pinning their ears back and coming full tilt because they knew that no run was coming. 8 runs. 7 called. All game. Seriously, that should get Trestman fired right there. Not only is that stupid from a score standpoint, but that is also how you get your QB killed.
  17. From what i have read, Beane wants hitters. I dont really think he is sweating over defensive liabilities right now, especially since he just signed Billy Butler to DH and pretend to play first QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 07:34 AM) Trading Anderson, who all scouts say has the tools to be a good defensive SS and a possibly elite bat, for Samardzjia would be idiotic. is it idiotic if Shark extends immediately?
  18. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 05:31 AM) Cutler. Trestman, and Kromer were all disappointed with how little they ran the ball on Thursday. Well who the f*** calls the plays, Rueben Garza? Fire them all. Forte had some pointed criticism about it
  19. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 10:19 PM) Vince just burying Cesaro Why?
  20. The Ascension is supposed to be featured with a vignette tonite
  21. So Trestman had his morning radio call in, and said "You wouldnt be able to tell if we won or lost based on how these guys are acting, this is a good group of guys" as if that was a really good thing.
  22. QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 02:07 PM) I don't know about the Cruz deal. For a 2 year deal? Sure, but 4 years is too much of a commitment for a 34 year old player who eclipsed his previous year's HR total by 13. People say VMart is dued to regress because he put up career numbers at age 35, but I'd be more worried about Cruz. Bat speed is the first thing that goes away for aging players. There's a chance he puts up a lower OPS than Dunn out in Safeco, or in today's lingo, a similar wRC+. Well, didnt he miss 50 games the previous year due to a PED suspension?
  23. Kyyle23 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 11:31 AM) I'm a picky eater, so more often than not I get just ketchup (no cheese). I like the meat to really stand out. When I want to spice things up, I go with bacon, cheddar, and ketchup of course. Five Guys is awesome, but I'm also a big fan of Backyard Burger. Portillo's is definitely in the top 5 too. Ha, the definition of "spice things up" is a little different for me
  24. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 10:49 AM) It's ridiculous to me that people can feel intimidated over the internet. They're f'n words. Stop reading them and they go away! Sometimes. And sometimes, like last thursday at Nordstrom, a woman loses her life. It is difficult to police, but sometimes those words are actual threats
  25. Kyyle23 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Has anyone ever been to The Assembly in Hoffman Estates on Barrington Rd and I 90? Every burger comes with a mushroom sherry sauce, and it is pretty much the best thing ever(with a burger) http://www.assembly-bar.com/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.