Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Dunn is going to retire and move directly into a deer stand, not into a coaching staff
  2. Kyyle23 replied to iamshack's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 05:59 PM) I was looking for a retriever pup when I found my beagle mix. I'll probably stick with medium sized dogs if I get another sometime. You have a really good looking mutt though. It really has a neat look and I like its color
  3. Kyyle23 replied to iamshack's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 05:45 PM) I've had a Vizsla named Finnegan for the past 2.5 years. He is, with all due respect to every dog that came before him, the best dog I have ever had. Sweet with friend's kids. Great with other dogs, and amazing as a hiking buddy out here in CO. They are an extremely energetic breed, so you need to have the time to wear them out, but just wonderful dogs. We're thinking about adding a second dog in a year or two and a Swiss Mountain Dog is at/near the top of the list, but after this dog, we'll probably always have a Vizsla in our lives. That's how I feel about Basset hounds. The longer I go without a dog the more I convince myself that's what I want to get again. I love a Vizsla's look though. Those and Weimaraner's have such awesome coats and colors
  4. QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 11:26 AM) I've never considered any parallel between that song and 9/11. I see Yankee Hotel Foxtrot was released in 2001, and a quick googling shows me that the album was originally set for a 9/11/01 release, but the tall buildings shake/skyscrapers are scraping together lines are pretty generic. I didn't pick this album, or Wilco up until long after 2001, though, so there is that. just an FYI, he wont respond to this
  5. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 09:22 AM) Insta-banned? Depends on the case I'd say. The Ray Rice one happened in February. The NFL had some ability to take their time with that one, it's their own stupidity that screwed it up. This one, there's a legal case here that has to be made first. If you had video of it happening, then maybe you make the suspension right there because you have the evidence in hand, if there's no video then you have to wait at least a little bit until law enforcement does its job because we do give a presumption of innocence overall in this country and that should carry over. The teams in the NFL can probably decide on their own how to deal with a guy in that scenario. Without knowing the person, it does seem like a team where the coach says he has zero tolerance for that stuff publicly is a case where the team should elect to sit him based on the coaches statements, but I won't say that should be the case in every circumstance. If a guy is going to play while the investigation moves forward, that's tolerable. You can't fire a guy or tell him not to come to work that day until the police give something. Which is our biggest issue right now, and why i asked that about McDonald. If we all saw this tape back in february of Rice throwing the punch, would he have gotten 6-8 games or would he be indefinitely suspended?
  6. from "if someone else wasnt manager, the Sox would have far and away the best record in the league" to "we should lose on purpose"
  7. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 09:13 AM) He got fired from him job. I don't see that as extreme at all. he got punished, then punished again. I thought 6-8 games was fair for what happened. and then we have the 49ers DT McDonald beating his pregnant gf or wife and playing a week later. If there was tape of him beating her, would he still have played? or would he be insta banned from the NFL?
  8. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 09:04 AM) Can we just admit that at some point this is all just piling on? That everyone has this, jealousy for lack of a better word of the NFL, so now's a good time to go after them? I mean, it's pretty sad that the focus of the outrage has shifted from Rice and domestic violence issues in sports to the NFL and how it handled this. Over a video that, again, didn't need to be seen to understand what happened. I agree that Rice has gotten extreme punishment over something we already knew. I dont agree that it is piling on for the NFL, i believe they deserve this for trying to sweep this under the rug and repeatedly being caught in lies.
  9. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 09:06 AM) Why don't you actually contribute something to the conversation besides snarky comments? because i love when you randomly insert cubs prospects.
  10. QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 09:02 AM) Wait, did I miss something? Why would the rebuilding Astros trading their young, cost-controlled player to us for our worse cost-controlled players? because Baez, Almora, Vitters, and Bryant
  11. I remember so many little things. Waking up after having a bonfire the night before in my backyard, with my roomates mom calling over and over until one of us picked up the house phone. We finally got up and put the tv on right before the second plane hit. The coverage was just so surreal, so many different possibilities of what caused it and who caused it. I remember the gas station down the street from me went from 1.35/gallon to 1.95/gallon by the end of the day, and 2 years later had to pay a significant fine for price gauging
  12. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 12:42 AM) I just can't take Frankie. I want to punch him in the face.. He can't be this bad in real life. I believe he can
  13. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Rocket Raccoon and Groot as Calvin and Hobbes
  14. Good god, how much craziness has spun out of this. Just one lie after another and completely busted out every time
  15. I haven't looked at Cutlers record against good teams, but the last game of the year against the Packers, he was very good in a very big game. He certainly didn't lose that game
  16. The only time I saw panic at the line is when both Marshall and Jeffery were out and Holmes/Morgan had no idea where to line up.
  17. So Jerry Jones is certainly a creep, but these girls certainly set him up and I expect this one to go away fairly quickly http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/10/us/us-jerry-...ml?c=homepage-t http://deadspin.com/woman-who-took-jerry-j...ging-1632704685
  18. Supposedly Sean O'Haire has passed away at 43 http://uproxx.com/sports/2014/09/former-wc...es+%28Uproxx%29
  19. Kyyle23 replied to Steve9347's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 02:55 PM) Metallica Master of Puppets 24/7 for the first 3 months is scientifically proven to result in a smarter, stronger, well-adjusted child. Or you could just get Rockabye Metallica http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/music/roc...-metallica.html
  20. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 12:18 PM) I'm making the switch. iPhone 6 Plus, here I come! Out of curiosity, why?
  21. Basically all of your funds, personal and credit card, are federally insured(we know this). So we issue the credit up front and work on recovering the funds afterwards. Depending on the type of case (Internet/phone, counterfeit, stolen) we win or lose based on the rules set by Mc and Visa. The cardholder isn't affected unless we suspect them
  22. Didn't take long did it, Balta?
  23. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 10:05 AM) For the bank, sure, but fighting with Chase over a $2000 charge I don't want to pay is different than fighting with Chase over $2000 that are already withdrawn from my account via debit card. I work recovery in chase, we issue credit as soon as the case is assigned.
  24. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 09:55 AM) I thought CC charges are easier to dispute and reverse than debit charges because debits hit your bank account immediately. It's all processed similarly. In the end, the bank loses.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.