Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 23, 2014 -> 11:07 AM) We can try to spin it all we want but he's been terrible outside his second start against the Cubs. First start he wasn't stretched out at all to be fair and died by giving up 4er and 6 baserunners in just 3.2 IP. Next start he was good. 5 IP with 6ks and 5 baserunners. 3rd start was technically a quality one but he gave up 8 hits and 3 walks in just 6 IP. Can't keep that up. 4th start was more of the same except without the luck. 8 hits, 3 walks, 6 runs 5 earned. Hope he turns it around tonight since I have first row seats. So, 2 QS and one start against the Cubs you deemed "good", and you say he is terrible?
  2. Kyyle23 replied to Dunt's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ May 23, 2014 -> 09:41 AM) BTW I'm not saying the numbers aren't going to be useful but they probably shouldn't be used to try to get a complete picture of a hitter. At least not yet until the process becomes more sophisticated. Wite, Eminor3d, everyone has been saying this from the beginning. these stats are used to put the picture together, they are not the entire picture.
  3. driving to Madison tomorrow with two friends to see Failure at the Rave. My buddy saw them last night and told me the show was awesome, very excited
  4. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 23, 2014 -> 09:27 AM) Wife and I actually watched the first two last night. The second episode is better IMO. I'd give it a B+. The show looks cool, the acting seems pretty decent and I think the storyline could end up being pretty interesting. I'd give it a shot Kyle if you're at all interested in a mish-mash London horror story. Im interested, i just need to find kid free time to watch it. I started watching the first episode, and 5 minutes in, Josh Hartnett back at his trailer...... well I was like "guess kids cant be playing in the room when I watch this"
  5. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2014 -> 09:17 PM) X-Men will be fine, from everything you read. Godzilla was terrible. The MUTO's looked like overgrown staplers with spindly legs that were bootlegged from a discarded Atlanta Falcons' NFL helmet design from a decade ago. The lead actor made Freddie Prinze, Jr., Orlando Bloom and Ryan Philippe look like Masterpiece Theatre thespians extraordinaire. I think I would actually rather watch the 1998 movie again rather than see that particular film a second time. As far as movies to be excited about in the future, try Nolan's INTERSTELLAR. Somehow I knew you would find a reason to say this. Admittedly I loved Godzilla, because I love the original(in which Godzilla appeared for exactly 17 minutes), and I honestly dont care about the human story because it is a Godzilla movie. Complaining about how a MUTO looks is hilarious when you think about what every other costume creature looked like in Godzillas history.
  6. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Has anyone watched Penny Dreadful? I have recorded it but haven't sat down to watch yet
  7. We won 36-15 tonite. We went off in our final inning, scored 13 to put it to bed. I was 4/6, all singles, with 3 RBI
  8. Sale=domination
  9. QUOTE (flavum @ May 22, 2014 -> 03:28 PM) https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/4695750...6289923/photo/1 OMG! Jeter is playing! I hope the Sox went all out with a gift! Standing ovations for every at bat. IT IS THE LAST TIME HE IS EVER AT THE CELL
  10. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 22, 2014 -> 12:36 PM) List me off a couple please. No comic book based movies, and no re-boots or sequels. World War Z was the only one that I could think of from last year. And it sucked for the most part. Edit: ok here's a list from 2013: http://boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2013 I'll admit Catching Fire was good and I enjoyed it, despite being a sequel. Gravity I also enjoyed a lot, although it wasn't really a summer blockbuster, nor was it all action, but whatever, throw it in the mix. What's next? The Hobbit, haven't seen it yet. World War Z, sucked. Captain Phillips? Eh, ok, I liked it. Elysium sucked. Lone Ranger sucked. Oblivion sucked. Olympus has Fallen looked terrible. Didn't see Pacific Rim, heard very mixed reviews. After Earth sucked, I made it 15 minutes before turning it off. What else did I miss that would be considered a good summer blockbuster? You see, there is a difference between action movies you don't like and don't want to see , and no action movies. And you complained about none being original and a few you just listed were original.
  11. when is Abreu eligible to come off the DL? I am going to the 6/1 game and it would be great if he was back by then
  12. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 22, 2014 -> 11:45 AM) Why is a matinee so expensive? Imax 3D cost 32 for me and my bro last friday at the 1 PM show
  13. i really thought Moustakas had started to figure things out last year. What a nightmare for KC
  14. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 22, 2014 -> 10:48 AM) I'm critical, sure, but if you don't like comic book movies, you haven't seen a decent action movie in years. It sucks. just not true
  15. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2014 -> 07:59 AM) Yes, because if I'm writing an article about roto league players, it's standard practice to just throw out names without any substantive argument and anyone will easily buy into it without supporting it quantitatively. If that's what you prefer, then I can just argue back and forth in brief/pithy, one sentence statements that just go around and around in circles. Besides, I'm not trying to make any kind of argument. Why does it have to be an argument? Isn't it possible to just present information? Should we have a poll right now asking posters if they want to trade or keep Beckham and/or Gillaspie? The difference here is that the substantive argument that is being made in the article is for FANTASY PURPOSES. Look, you want to present articles that have little to do with the content matter, go ahead nobody is stopping you. But dont act all surprised when people call it out and blame lack of a catch all. Make your poll. have fun
  16. Kyyle23 replied to Dunt's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I have never actually played with the posts per page setting. never bothered me too much
  17. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2014 -> 07:36 AM) Maybe because there's no Catch-All thread and the fact that some people are buying into Gillaspie, Beckham and Belisario as fantasy candidates (since there are actually statistical analyses going on there) means they MIGHT make good trade candidates in the real world as well. Of course, their recent "outperformance" also means an increasing number will want to hold onto them, especially Gordon. The article gives a cogent argument, that players in that 26-27 age group are just hitting their primes. Sigh. I guess I have to spell out "I AM INCLUDING THIS ARTICLE BECAUSE THE THREE SPECIFIC PLAYERS MENTIONED IN THE ARTICLE, ALONG WITH ALEXEI RAMIREZ and ADAM DUNN, COMPRISE OUR MOST VALUABLE TRADE PIECES AT THE MOMENT." I dont see why you have to find an article that merely mentions their names in order to make that argument. If I am to make an argument that Brandon Marshall is going to surpass Chris Carter in catches and yards, I am not going to post an article that says "Brandon Marshall signs new contract on the View" in order to support my argument, because it doesnt have much to do with it. Catch-all doesnt have much to do with it either
  18. Kyyle23 replied to Dunt's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 22, 2014 -> 01:42 AM) This thread is a microcosm of Soxtalk as a whole. Most threads that go past 10 pages tend to do that
  19. Well get the stinker out
  20. QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 21, 2014 -> 08:35 PM) You guys realize he's been out of baseball for two weeks. Let him get his sea legs back. No. Everyone must be perfect or they are terrible
  21. De Aza is such a terrible outfielder
  22. QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:42 PM) it never gets old No it does not
  23. QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 21, 2014 -> 03:59 PM) Do you have to pay extra to have those jerseys say "AFFLICTION" across the chest? The logo doesn't bother me, for whatever reason the affliction type logos are popular on tourney team jerseys. the digi-camo design kind of bothers me. I wish they were just flat black. I am happy they are sub-dye jerseys though, nothing will rub off when they slide This is our final draft
  24. Goodbye Keppinger. I will be interested to see how long it takes you to find a job

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.