Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 10:14 AM) I had a dream last night Bears drafted Nix. Great dream. hopefully that dream started after the first round was completed
-
Worst Mistake of Robin's Young Career?
QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 10:07 AM) Well yeah. But this is my point: a) his performance hasn't actually been good and b) he has a recent history of being way more terrible than anyone else in the pen. I mean you can quote 25% save percentage, but Lindstrom has been better than Cleto this season, even ignoring their vastly different pasts. You're saying that between Cleto and Lindstom you're most likely to get the same result in terms of walks? Lindstrom 2014 BB/9: 2.57 Cleto 2014 BB/9: 9.45 Lindstrom 2013 BB/9: 3.41 Cleto 2013 BB/9: 8.94 and 4.97 in two AAA stops Not just walks, just general sucktitude and ineptness. You can focus on walks all you want, but none of these pitchers have done anything to inspire any sort of faith in any of them.
-
Worst Mistake of Robin's Young Career?
QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 09:07 AM) Well it's a bit simplistic to say based entirely on his current ERA, but I think putting him in in the 8th in a high leverage situation and leaving him in for the 9th was largely based on his perceived good performance this year. Obviously they think he has the stuff as well, but if his ERA more accurately matched his peripherals, i don't think he gets put in there. A degree of guesswork involved there of course. I dont think this is the case at all. I dont think Robin looked at it and said to himself "Cleto has been good today and this season, we should leave him in". I think he looked at it and said "We need to get some outs. Cleto just did that, Lindstrom hasnt really done that. Lets hope Cleto can do that again" Again, everyone has sucked. You could flip a coin, put a pitcher in, and most likely get the same result, WALKS. Nobody percieves Cleto to be any better than his fellow bullpen pitchers.
-
2014 TV thread
QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 10:49 AM) Yeah, I really liked it. The cast is good, but Billy Bob Thornton's character, wow. BBT is really a great actor. I still love his character in "Bandits" the best
-
Worst Mistake of Robin's Young Career?
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 08:28 AM) I especially like all the "Robin is the worst," "Robin has no business managing," "Robin never does anything right why is he still here" when the last manager made just as many or more reprehensible moves, but because the Sox had an incredible year all around in 2005, he gets a free pass as a result. All managers will look bad when their players fail, and all managers will look good when their players succeed. There are questionable moves that have been made, but someone is going to have a coronary if they continue to analyze every single move he makes under a microscope. there will be a lot of coronaries on soxtalk.com this season
-
2013-2014 NHL thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 10:22 PM) Why am I seeing f***ing commercials. Ok good. I'm not crazy
-
Game Thread 4/17 - BOS @ SOX
Cooper is gonna be grumpy as hell tomorrow when he calls the score
-
Game Thread 4/17 - BOS @ SOX
Belisario I dislike you very much
-
Game Thread 4/17 - BOS @ SOX
Amazing play PK!
-
Game Thread 4/17 - BOS @ SOX
Man Joyce is calling a terrible zone
-
Game Thread 4/17 - BOS @ SOX
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:41 PM) Have you seen us hit tonight? Lol Lol game over amirite
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
We arent even considering the Mirotic situation here
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 02:23 PM) No. So, how do you balance a S&T with the Knicks? It would seem to take a lot more than Taj and picks, as I have read to be suggested
-
Worst Mistake of Robin's Young Career?
QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 02:21 PM) Same World Series game where the only reason it went to extras was Ozzie decided to use a rusty Dustin Hermanson? DO NOT REMIND GREG OF BAD OZZIE DECISIONS IN A THREAD ABOUT POSSIBLY BAD ROBIN VENTURA DECISIONS
-
Worst Mistake of Robin's Young Career?
Hey greg, remember that world series game when Ozzie ran out of pitchers and had to bring in Mark Buehrle for the save? It happens. You cant plan for extra innings, and things got crazy when the bullpen couldnt throw a strike
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 01:37 PM) Not sure what this means, are you referring to the associated cap hit? Meaning when trades are made in the NBA, the money has to be close, correct? Do draft picks hold an associated value(slotting, whatever) that will make the trade with the Knicks balance out?
-
Zach Putnam to Chicago, Veal DFA
This doesnt bother me at all. I tried the Veal. Dislike. I wish Downs were equally expendable
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
How much are picks worth in a trade, money wise? I am just curious, we know the Knicks need picks because they have traded them away like they are worthless
-
KW opens door to Ozzie return "all he has to do is call"
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 11:53 AM) Depends on the language of the contract, but as I stated, I don't think KW's comment was for a paid role. Just coming to a game, and perhaps visiting the clubhouse. Then I was told he can't do that because of his contract with the Marlins. I don't think that is accurate in the least. Why would Loria care if Ozzie went to the Sox clubhouse? 99 percent sure ewok pelts was referring to the "coming back to coach" part of your statement, not visiting the clubhouse. I'm sure Ozzie has been in a clubhouse since he lost his job
-
KW opens door to Ozzie return "all he has to do is call"
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 11:40 AM) ? still on the payroll, he would have to forgo 2 more years of checks
-
SOXTALK.COM WAS DOWN FOREVER!
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 10:12 AM) I'm now on a 3-game game thread win streak. 4-1 overall. The streak lives on! Ummm, you know the White Sox lost last night, right?
-
Game Thread 4/17 - BOS @ SOX
THREAD MERGE Hey lets give everyone a chance to make a gamethread, mmk? We all know that fathom loves making gamethreads
-
SOXTALK.COM WAS DOWN FOREVER!
QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 09:33 AM) I just had a new computer delivered and was trying to figure out what was wrong with it. I couldn't get on soxtalk so there must have been a problem with the new computer. gotta follow Soxtalk on FB and twitter so you can get the notices when things go haywire
-
SOXTALK.COM WAS DOWN FOREVER!
QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 09:04 AM) I would have liked him to have Lindstrom start the 9th. I would have too. My only complaint. But, it isnt like Lindstrom hasnt been prone to doing the exact same crap everyone else did last night. Still though, that was a closer spot, he should have gotten it
-
SOXTALK.COM WAS DOWN FOREVER!
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:54 AM) The umps sorta sucked last night. i was annoyed with him with Danks at first, but the pen wasnt anywhere near his weird strike zone, or a normal strike zone. I guess my only complaint last night was starting Cleto in the 9th, but everything else was just whatever. They sucked, way too many free passes, and the Sox lost because of it and also burned through a lot of pitchers.