Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Grizz put a little run on the Thunder, made it a respectable game
  2. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Does anyone play Injustice? Is it worth a shot?
  3. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 07:33 PM) Everytime Sox only get 1 measly run with bases loaded. Well last year they got none. So 1 run is good
  4. QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 01:56 PM) Santana is throwing tonight I think. We need to get "penis blood serpent" to stick as a name for Quintana. You should look through last years Quintana game threads. The name wasn't made up by me, pretty sure it wa a Quinarvy/iamshack creation
  5. Time for the penis blood serpent to make us forget about He Who Shall Not Be Named Who Pitched Last Night.
  6. I can't imagine that they go with 4 lefties in the rotation, but maybe Carroll and Leesman come up and Leesman slides into the LOOGY role
  7. Not Chicago radio/media, but GMA is adding Tony Reali as a contributor http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/18/news/compa...tony-reali.json
  8. QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 08:01 AM) QUOTE (glangon @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 06:26 AM) Paulino is rotten, worse than Axelrod was. Speaking of Axelrod; there is your 5Th starter. He's a serviceable RHP, and can eat some innings, thus saving the pen. On occasion, he can throw a pretty decent game, and isn't horrible the rest of the time. I can't imagine the Sox adding yet one more left handed starter to the rotation. They desperately need a RHP. Thank goodness Johnson showed such significant improvement in his last start, after some adjustments he made. Are you serious? Did you not watch axelrod last season?? HOT. GARBAGE. Might as well throw Paulino back out there
  9. QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 08:39 PM) Is Leury available today?? I'd throw him out there again, f*** it. Already gave up when you let Paulino take it on the chin. I'm not sure he can pitch after playing the field
  10. Well, he is going out in grand fashion
  11. QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 08:26 PM) You're ok with Abreu? These first 3 weeks are totally enough to bury him
  12. Please make him cease being a white sox
  13. Nobody wants your 1990 Carnie Lansford card NSS
  14. Why isn't Puig an answer in the poll?
  15. QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 04:54 PM) Actually, 15. Two of them were Leury's, but still 13 for the real pitchers. I think the bullpen had 11, Danks had 4
  16. http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/545/...e/p2p-79951540/ Sometimes people are just 100 percent fail
  17. QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 03:23 PM) You found an example. Thanks. I thought it was an embarrassing mistake for a manager. When you trot a position player out there you are basically conceding a game and we were in first place at the time. Greg, he had NOBODY left! He put out Garcia not because he wanted to, because he had to! This isn't concession!
  18. QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 03:05 PM) My point is I don't remember this ever happening? If anybody can give me an example of a team throwing an infielder out there in a tie game, I'm listening.I'm saying this is a monumental managing mistake. Teams just don't do this. How about two teams running out of pitchers? http://content.usatoday.com/communities/da.../1#.U1GGkym9LCQ Really Greg, you are being ridiculous about this. Bottom line is, you use your bullpen to win, you aren't supposed to plan for extra innings when you are winning in the 8th
  19. Nix has first round talent, but I am skeptical about his ability to stay healthy and in shape
  20. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 11:51 AM) See this is where my memory is off and maybe i'm combining the movie and the woman cop in the show. I know she's the one that solves the murder in the movie, but didn't she make dumb statements all the time? Wasn't that her character? I don't remember. IMO she played up the part of being ditzy, but she wasnt really. I mean, she basically figured it all out by herself and found the killer. She said a lot of native accent type statements for sure, though
  21. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 11:43 AM) I haven't watched the original in a long time, but is this new TV show supposed to be a remake? Are they changing the story? I noticed the accent of the female cop isn't nearly as strong (although she's still a ditz). You thought Frances McDormand came off as a ditz in the original?
  22. QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 11:23 AM) So do you think his results have not been good enough or they are misleading, because they look like the results of a pretty decent reliever to me? He makes me ill when he enters a game. Just like Linebrink did, when he comes in im surprised if he gets the job done.
  23. QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 10:30 AM) We're due for a good Paulino outing I guess. the sunshine and rainbows are here!
  24. QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 10:36 AM) One point I'll raise is that this current Red Sox team has struggled a bit to score runs. Weather conditions were poor. But they do take pitches - they are one of the best teams in baseball at working the count, being patient, taking walks. Allowing a guy like Lindstrom to come in and just throw strikes to start off the 9th was the pretty easy answer. The Red Sox had scored 3 runs against us in the previous 17 innings. They had ZERO hits since the first inning. The offense they generated in the 8th was all due to walks. So what do we do? Start out the 9th with Ricky f***ing Vaughn throwing as hard as he can with no idea where the hell it is going. THE ONLY OFFENSE THEY CAN GENERATE IS BY DRAWING WALKS. So let's give them EXACTLY what the f***ing want. If he'd had just put someone in who could throw strikes, that would have been a 3-2 victory. I stated previously that I thought Lindstrom should have started the 9th. He is the closer(now), and he should have been given the opportunity to close the game. But again, pick your poison with this BP. it doesnt matter what brand, it is still going to hurt QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 10:40 AM) Look I agree the bullpen is awful, but you don't then just say it doesn't matter who they throw out there. Lindstrom has a long history of being a decent reliever. Webb is clearly very good. Petricka has been decent since transitioning to a reliever (he walks too many and he doesn't walk nearly as many as Cleto). They should all obviously be better options in high-leverage situations than Cleto right now. I am really not a fan of Lindstrom at all. I dont think he is a decent reliever, i think he is very hittable and prone to coughing up leads. The faster he is out of the 9th inning discussion, the happier I will be

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.