Everything posted by kev211
-
Whitesox VS Cubs World Series
QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 08:57 AM) The year before that, as the Cubs can tell you, the wild-card Florida Marlins won the World Series. And the year before that, the wild-card Anaheim Angels started the trend by winning the Fall Classic. So it can be done. For the sake of a suffering city, go Cubs go. As for the White Sox, it’s still way too early to start printing World Series tickets. For as great as they’ve been, the Sox still must prove they can handle heavyweights like the Red Sox and the Yankees. And shudder over this thought — the White Sox could draw the dreaded Oakland Athletics in the first round of the playoffs. waiting for them. Just wow
-
Whitesox VS Cubs World Series
This article makes it look like the cubs have an easier route to the playoffs which is pathetic IMO
-
changin back
Thats alittle large for a sig
-
Livan Hernandez??
The nationals are done if this happens
-
Turn him loose
Gooch has produced in the 2 hole all year long no need to change it.
-
Buehrle and Harris on the tarp today.
QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:21 PM) During the rain delay today,did anybody else catch Mark and Willie slideing on the tarp today. They both did it twice and were having a ball. I couldnt see Ozzie in the dugout. I'm sure he had no clue. Gotta love Mark! Mark does that everytime there is a rain delay
-
7/20 Game thread vs. Detroit
Why did we have to give up those runs
-
Google moon
If you have used Google maps and Google earth and liked them then you are most likely going to like Google moon http://moon.google.com/ I suggest you all zoom in as far as you can
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Congrats Wharris1
-
Jermaine Dye Sig
QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:14 AM) translation = IT SUCKS Thankyou for clearing that up
-
Ken Griffey Jr.
QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:30 AM) IF they took back a very large portion of the contract I would trade Rowand for him in a heartbeat. That said, I don't think the Reds would eat nearly enough to do it. I would never trade rowand for griffey right now. I want to win now but I also want to win in the coming years and griffey is just to injury prone.
-
Ken Griffey Jr.
evert, rowand, dye, pods, Id love to have him but there is no room
- Perfume scam
-
Contreras
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:35 PM) But Contreras loses confidence quicker than a 12 year old playing a video game. and i was also saying the you cant compare a 21 year old to a 35 year old
-
Contreras
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:32 PM) Schmidt= 32 Im trying to say young people lose confidence more easy then older players
-
Contreras
QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:29 PM) If you get beat up in AAA, then you have more problems than your confidence. We shouldn't be babying McCarthy in the minors. If we were to send him down to AA, that might shatter his confidence more than any shelling he'd receive in AAA. Thats why he should have started the season in AA
-
Contreras
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:28 PM) A hah! Look at Contreras, how is he to learn and better himself, especially in the postseason....without confidence????? Contreas= 35 Bmac= 21 Thats a big differnce
-
Contreras
QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:26 PM) I severely disagree. McCarthy should be in AAA. It will teach him to keep the ball in the park. In AAA, instead of facing a bunch of prospects who will swing at everything, he'll get more used to facing ex MLB players who might have better strike zone judgment. Remember the game against KC where McCarthy couldn't strike out a single batter? That's something that he needs to improve on. Its hard to learn when you have no confidence
-
Contreras
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:20 PM) And that's Brandon McCarthy this time last season. See the comparison? Yes DBAHO I do thats why a agree with everything you and Kalapse are saying
-
Contreras
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:17 PM) Comparing him to Gio is totally different. Gio is rated as one of our top pitching prospects. He is succeding in A ball. Gio hasn't pitched in AA, AAA, or Spring Training. No, its the same Gio puts up good numbers in winston salem and if gio were in AAA his numbers would be the same if not worse the McCarthy's.
-
Veteran LHP Designated For Assignment
QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:12 PM) he is in the majors now... then baj
-
Veteran LHP Designated For Assignment
QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:12 PM) he is in the majors now... I think he means he wants some stud propect to come up and they way he is pitching im hoping he gets his wish.
-
Veteran LHP Designated For Assignment
QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 06:27 PM) I wish we had studs in the minors. Jenks?
-
Our Feelings On A Trade
I think we need to make some sort of trade, because I dont think we can win the series with this team yes they rule and they are the best team ever but we havent even played are main postseason competition yet the red sox and yankees. This weekend will really show us what kind of team we have. Also, I think we need to make a trade to show the players that we care and want them to win but I hope KW dosent go out there and makes a trade to make a trade. I trust KW will make a trade that will help this team out alot.
-
Eddie Guardado
QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:47 PM) I'd rather stop Boston from getting Wagner...than get Eddie. Let Boston take the #2 option. Id much rather have wagner no injury risk there