Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. So September is meaningless, but here you are complaining about what is happening in September.
  2. Lose.Lose.Lose. Draft pick is way more important to the Sox future than whatever the Cubs are doing. Even better is for Yoan, Timmy, and the rest of the kids to go nuts for the next two weeks.
  3. Not to mention that Moncada HAS been trying to be an OBP guy by taking as many walks as he can, but leads all of baseball by a large margin in K calls outside of the zone.
  4. This is Trumpesque in its attempt to both be the bully and the victim in the same response.
  5. This is the post I agree with most so far. With Kopech out next year and Shields a FA, I don't see us signing 2 starters next year. I also don't see guys like Guerrero or Stephens beating Covey out. As of today, I think Covey is in. Who knows maybe he can rediscover what made him great in the first half.
  6. You did not just post this last paragraph, when you use the term Bernie Bro on a regular basis.
  7. Just like anyone they are going to have to win a bidding war.
  8. Between Leury's injury history, his journey into arbitration, and Rondon learning to play the OF, that is how I would read the tealeaves.
  9. It would not shock me if Leury was somewhere else next year.
  10. I doubt we spend as much last year. Again, I think we target some spending on the high end, but ultimately fail as we typically do when it comes to the recruit of top level free agents. I hadn't really considered it in terms of payroll, but I would guess that the payroll will be low. I do think we will try hard to extend both Jimenez and Kopech, and we also will be back spending in Latin America this summer. That won't be enough to make up for the loss of the payroll for guys like Shields and Avi, but I am not to worried about it right now. There is actually a pretty solid case that spending too early might actually be more detrimental to the rebuild by pushing down the levels of draft picks they could get in 2020 and 2021. Yes we could win a few more game next year, but why? To go from 73 to 78 wins? Meh. I am more worried about the teams spending when the time is right.
  11. You can also go back and look at Quintana and Sale for examples where it worked just fine.
  12. In the pen where it happens!
  13. The Sox don't really follow that rule. It is more touch and feel for them.
  14. And seeing as they shut him down early this year, that tells me they weren't fully confident in being able to push him a little further this year. That is a red flag to me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.