Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Prospect Focus - Bryce Bush, w/ quotes (from many) and video
To add to the article and cold weather, this was absolutely one of the worst spring sports seasons I can ever remember seeing. We had so many games cancelled and postponed locally I can see it being probable that a lot of scouts didn't get to see Bush play this year. It was BRUTAL until pretty much May. We ran entire track meets, baseball and softball games with temps under freezing.
-
Rick Hahn
I do think it is ironic you complain about #1 picks and returns on trades, but then in the very next sentence mention Chris Sale.
-
Rick Hahn
This isn't really true. If it was, he would have gone to rebuilding years and years ago. By all reports JR is the one who kept blocking the rebuild, not Rick and not Kenny. Because of guaranteed revenue from MLB, it is the teams with zero payroll that make the most money, so all of those years the Sox were in Go for It mode, they were giving away profits that would have grown under a minimal payroll instead of something north of $100 million. What you are arguing here is 100% factually wrong.
-
Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
Grab the torches and have fun!
-
Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
Last I checked the Cubs had something like double the Sox revenues. Someone's net worth is absolutely pointless here, especially when that net worth isn't cash.
-
Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
To add to the list, I am also extremely skeptical that a team which can't develop position players will suddenly start pumping out a playoff team's worth of position players. But that is why the idea of a rebuild seemed like an insane proposition to me in the first place, and I can't see putting an aggressive timeline on it being a reasonable idea.
-
Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
Because the White Sox won't spend like the Cubs. We don't have their revenue streams, and we don't have their fanbase. If we start getting 40,000 to the park every night before we start winning, I will reevaluate that line of thought.
-
Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
I'd also point out that Gonzalez and Robert are currently in A ball in August 2018, and you penciling them in as playoff starters in 2020. Did people learn nothing from 2017 and 2018? Honestly I wonder if part of the reason people are so angry is their expectations are ridiculous. What you are looking at here is a 100% best case scenario.
-
Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
Have we gotten the Cubs checkbook? Awesome!
-
Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
Neither of which is 3.
-
Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
You expect a team with 3 position player rookies starting to make the playoffs? Again, not really seeing that as realistic.
-
AAP: Luis Gonzalez
https://2080baseball.com/2018/08/weekly-prospect-spotlights-luis-gonzalez-and-carolina-league-reports/
-
2018 Watercooler thread
I don't know if anyone else watched or not, but 12 Monkeys was a great show.
-
Midterms 2018
As has her "taking responsibility" for things. She takes full responsibility one minute, and then spends the next half hour blaming everyone and everything else except herself. Like I tell my kids, that isn't really what taking responsibility looks like.
-
Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
Outline your expectations for players for me, because I am not seeing it. I still see a lot of holes in the starting line up, especially if we haven't realigned our prospect list to cover our holes better.
- Moncada
-
2018 White Sox catch-all thread
- Moncada
- Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
Which is exactly why I laid out about when specific prospects should be getting here. I feel like any set of expectations that doesn't include the timelines of who is going to be here isn't really very valid. If you expectation is playoffs in 2020, wouldn't you expect the bulk of your rebuild to be here? It is like betting on an internet company to triple in price without their being any products in the pipeline during that time. I don't get the idea of setting arbitrary deadlines that don't correspond to anything in reality.- Garfien/Cooper podcast
If anyone hasn't listened to it, give it a listen. They hit a TON of pitchers in here, including one Matt Davidson https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/white-sox-talk-podcast-fired-don-cooper-talks-about-white-sox-pitching-and-rebuild- Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
That is a pretty narrow window of ideal for my taste. I think a move like this diversifies our portfolio of prospects better, it balances out our system better, including more playing time for the OFs we have that are 5 deep in a couple of teams, and it puts us with a better chance of success the future by covering more potential positions in the future, versus less by hoarding. I mean the 3B depth right now is basically saying we are going to HAVE to put 9 figures into a 3B to get a decent one. If you can trade an OF and find a 3B of the future, that dynamic changes by a measurable amount and the odds of that happening go down by some amount.- Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
Also valid.- Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
So who are you 100% confident that can play 3B for us in 2021?- Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
But you are 100% confident that Rutherford will be a starting CF in 2021?- Offseason trade idea: Sox-Reds
Is Luis Robert dead in this scenario?