Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
AAP: Blake Rutherford
- Anderson to CF?
- 2018 NFL Draft
A look at the Bears UDFA's https://theloopsports.com/2018/04/30/bears-breaking-down-the-udfa-class/- 2018 MLB Draft
Interesting with Madrigal getting more mentions to the White Sox.- 4/30 Games
https://twitter.com/MiLB/status/991055942585405440 https://twitter.com/MiLB/status/991055942585405440- 4/30 Games
- White Sox Minor League News & Notes, 4/30
Just so you know, it appears a dash got missed under the Team Performance section of the Dash. It has 12012 overall , and it probably should be 12-12 I am guessing.- Anderson to CF?
In general I think that Soxtalk is a pretty racist free zone, there might be a couple of exceptions here and there, but in general I think people get caught up in the hyperfocus of a single play or two and use those plays to cloud their memories over the ones that aren't especially meaningful. If we are being fully honest here, there are plenty of white players of White Sox history who have been roasted on Soxtalk for doing baseball stupid things, Chris Sale being the first one that comes to mind. There are definitely others, and it really doesn't correspond to race or heritage very well.- 2017-18 official NBA discussion thread
It is smart, but there is definitely a line to be drawn there. Look at a guy like Grayson Allen who plays the game the same way and has been suspended for some of his antics. There is a line between letting a ref know you got fouled and this crap. Its too bad the NBA doesn't have a true flopping rule like the NHL has. I wouldn't be opposed to a technical foul being able to be awarded for something especially ridiculous like this play.- CTE study findings
- 4/30 Games
While we all knew the Dash would be awesome this year, I think the Barons have been one of the greatest stories of the year.- Dustin Fowler suing White Sox for injury
A new read on the case and its potential pivot points. https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/a-former-yankees-prospect-on-the-athletics-is-suing-the-white-sox/- 2018 NFL Draft
- 2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes
- Anderson to CF?
Anderson probably has the most rope out of anyone in our system right now, and there is his contract. There is literally no SS who is even close to being able to take his job. This isn't like SP where guys are going to be smashing down the door literally any day now. I mean I guess we could hope for Machado at SS next year, but again, I am probably the most bearish on that actually happening.- Moncada
- 2018 White Sox catch-all thread
- 2018 Watercooler thread
If this one didn't make me feel old...- Davidson's Future
I saw what it is now, and I don't think it is sustainable until proven otherwise. Also the walk rate is really slowing down if you look at his game by games for the last month. After 12 in his first 15 games, he actually went 7 straight games without a walk, and picked up 3 in his last two games to make it 3 in 9. 7 of the 15 walks he has this season happened in a four game stretch. I get the feeling his walk numbers will be continuing that trend just like last season's rates.- 2017-18 official NBA discussion thread
Oh LeBron...- Collins SL POTW
- Collins SL POTW
- Stop the stupid
- 2018 NFL Draft
I do think this is the year to hammer the over for the Bears. They were pretty close to winning a couple of other games last year that maybe a little more depth and talent could have overcome. This might finally be a .500 team. If I were going out to Vegas I would definitely hit the over.- Zack Collins Criticism
And in Collins case specifically, they are making some pretty major changes to his swing path. The phrase "he has a hitch" sounds simple enough, but changing the muscle memory of a lifetime is really hard.
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.