Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Well people did early on. But that seemed so obvious that it wasn't a lot of people. There is zero chance that Tim Anderson gets moved to CF. If anything he could move to 3rd eventually, but I think with his crazy range, he is a SS who need a lot of reps.
  2. A look at the Bears UDFA's https://theloopsports.com/2018/04/30/bears-breaking-down-the-udfa-class/
  3. Interesting with Madrigal getting more mentions to the White Sox.
  4. https://twitter.com/MiLB/status/991055942585405440 https://twitter.com/MiLB/status/991055942585405440
  5. Just so you know, it appears a dash got missed under the Team Performance section of the Dash. It has 12012 overall , and it probably should be 12-12 I am guessing.
  6. In general I think that Soxtalk is a pretty racist free zone, there might be a couple of exceptions here and there, but in general I think people get caught up in the hyperfocus of a single play or two and use those plays to cloud their memories over the ones that aren't especially meaningful. If we are being fully honest here, there are plenty of white players of White Sox history who have been roasted on Soxtalk for doing baseball stupid things, Chris Sale being the first one that comes to mind. There are definitely others, and it really doesn't correspond to race or heritage very well.
  7. It is smart, but there is definitely a line to be drawn there. Look at a guy like Grayson Allen who plays the game the same way and has been suspended for some of his antics. There is a line between letting a ref know you got fouled and this crap. Its too bad the NBA doesn't have a true flopping rule like the NHL has. I wouldn't be opposed to a technical foul being able to be awarded for something especially ridiculous like this play.
  8. While we all knew the Dash would be awesome this year, I think the Barons have been one of the greatest stories of the year.
  9. A new read on the case and its potential pivot points. https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/a-former-yankees-prospect-on-the-athletics-is-suing-the-white-sox/
  10. Anderson probably has the most rope out of anyone in our system right now, and there is his contract. There is literally no SS who is even close to being able to take his job. This isn't like SP where guys are going to be smashing down the door literally any day now. I mean I guess we could hope for Machado at SS next year, but again, I am probably the most bearish on that actually happening.
  11. If this one didn't make me feel old...
  12. I saw what it is now, and I don't think it is sustainable until proven otherwise. Also the walk rate is really slowing down if you look at his game by games for the last month. After 12 in his first 15 games, he actually went 7 straight games without a walk, and picked up 3 in his last two games to make it 3 in 9. 7 of the 15 walks he has this season happened in a four game stretch. I get the feeling his walk numbers will be continuing that trend just like last season's rates.
  13. I do think this is the year to hammer the over for the Bears. They were pretty close to winning a couple of other games last year that maybe a little more depth and talent could have overcome. This might finally be a .500 team. If I were going out to Vegas I would definitely hit the over.
  14. And in Collins case specifically, they are making some pretty major changes to his swing path. The phrase "he has a hitch" sounds simple enough, but changing the muscle memory of a lifetime is really hard.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.