Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. August 30, 2002 was the first date that posters were moved onto Soxtalk.com. It is amazing to think that this site went from 128 posters at Soxnet.net to approaching 4000 people, and over 1.5 million posts in that amount of time. You guys are the greatest, and this place is successful not because of the administrators or moderates like some sites think, but because of the people who post here. Thanks to everyone :drink
  2. southsider2k5 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    I also saw seven again the other night, and had forgotten how good the movie was. There was actually suspense to it, which is hard to find anymore.
  3. southsider2k5 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 12:52 PM) Anyone else enjoy Zodiac as much as I did? I really enjoyed the movie a lot. It was very good for really not having an ending in real life.
  4. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 01:20 PM) It has to do with Tex's fascination with dicks. But Cheney hasn't been mentioned at all
  5. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:19 AM) Neither of them is very good and they both are half the pitcher they were advertised as. You know, I was thinking about this recently. Does KW think White Sox fans are stupid? Or are his scouts stupid? Was he lying us or just misinformed about Gavin Floyd being one of the top prospects in the game/being so electric? How about Masset? And it's not necessarily a "personal" thing with Floyd as I definitely think Masset represents it, but I just want to know if we were lied to deliberately or not. We really need a "Tin Foil Hat" Club.
  6. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:15 AM) At least from what I saw, I think Floyd at least comes up there with better stuff. If Masset was throwing mid 90's as advertised, I'd change that, but they're roughly the same on velocity and Floyd seemed to have much better off speed stuff. Massett also has more problems repeating his delivery at this point. He still walks too many guys. Floyd just throws scared way too often.
  7. QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 10:44 AM) Southsider2k5, they definitely want Sisco to start and he does have an option left so they are going to devote their resources into helping him become the best starter he can. What I heard, which should not be a surprise to anyone on this site who has followed Sisco, is they feel his mechanics can be better handled as a starter. It is probably what they should have done this year, have him start in Charlotte, but hindsight is 20/20. These winter ball assignments were in the Tribune today, and also they are sending Andy Gonzalez somewhere this winter but that is old news. Their immediate concern is Masset. Here is a guy they scouted a great deal and definitely has a good arm but he fell far short of expectations. It happens, but Masset is out of options so time is of the essence. As for Aardsma, plenty of teams will take a chance on him and I believe he will be traded. He is more "fragile" than they'd like. Glad to hear that about Sisco. I was really verbal in hoping that they wouldn't break camp with Andy on the big team and that they would send him to Charlotte as a starter. I know he had been in the bigs a while, but he still has a lot of developing to do. As big as he is, and as funky as that delivery is, he is not going to be a guy who becomes consistant very quickly. He needs innings and reps, plus a pitching coach attached to his hip. I really believe he has the highest ceiling of anyone in our organization, but he might also have the shortest time to get there, and the longest way to go. Heck looking at a guy like Randy Johnson as a guy who had a similar build and arm angle, he didn't make his ML debut until he was 25, Andy Sisco still isn't 25 years old, and he already has two and a half years of ML service time. I think Massett falls into the same category as Sisco. He needs his innings, he needs time to develop.
  8. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 08:05 AM) Unless you're the Sox, and then you take the "easiest signing". Not easiest. Anybody is easy if you throw a ton of money at them.
  9. Out of curiousity, has anyone stopped to wonder why this thread is up over 200 posts or so, and there isn't a thread at all on Hsu?
  10. QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 11:18 AM) So Kap, why is it we only seem to be bombing non Christian countries? Hmm. Good point. Lets invade Mexico just to prove that we don't discriminate. Oh wait, they are already invading us! Your hyperbole is killing me. Seriously. I can't drink anything when I read your posts anymore, because they are making me laugh that hard.
  11. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 10:50 AM) http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070907/greenspan_market.html?.v=6 Well, if Greenspan thinks that, I wonder when we are going to have our 1,000 point in one afternoon drop? So far we are stuck in a range between 13k and 13.5k. Its going to take the rate cut, or lack there of, to get out of it. We are going to trade sideways until the market gets it into its head what is going to happen. I think after today's news we will see a nice little selloff into the weekend, as no one will want to be long. I think we settle close to 13k.
  12. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 08:30 AM) Just because a lot of players do it, doesn't make it any more right. As for Ankiel, it looks like he stopped as soon as it became banned. If that's the case, then that does mitigate the damage a bit. Well, as soon as baseball banned it... It has always been illegal. And it doesn't matter how many people did it, it is wrong.
  13. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 08:43 AM) At 4:14am?!?! Yup. Usually back asleep by that time.
  14. QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 09:33 AM) And while I am a big fan of soft science, economics is inexact. Some things are pretty common sense. If you lose more of your paycheck you spend less money. If everyone spends less money, the economy contracts. It isn't rocket science.
  15. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 09:31 AM) And that's probably most of America's sentiment - except I will say that Hillary has the Democratic party held hostage. Obama would be a much better candidate, despite the lack of experience... but the Clinton machine has not launched into full attack mode yet. They have hit him hard on any mistakes he has made. To be honest, he is running his campaign too cleanly to beat Hillary. The only Dem who really could beat Hill is Edwards, because he isn't afraid to do whatever it takes to win. Hell he is an ambulence chaser for god's sake, how much more dirty can you get? He'll has taken the gloves off at every turn. His problem is that he abandoned the middle of the road that he held in the 04 election, and went way too far to the left. Hillary will beat him down because she will take everything in the middle.
  16. QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 08:53 AM) ^^^^SS^^^^ I am still trying to warm up to a candidate. Early on I thought McCain would be the guy, but he's falling flat in my eyes. Edwards was intriguing, but I'm not matching up well with him. Hillary would be about my last candidate. I think I would prefer Edwards to Hillary. I'm thinking you may want Hillary as the Dem nominee, knowing she'd have a harder time getting elected. Although, no one on the Rep side is exciting me. This is the worse group of candidates in my lifetime, but, the most exciting speakers and personalities. We may have finally reached Hollywood, reality show, levels. To be honest, the only top contender for the Dems I don't dispise is Obama. I do at least respect him. Richardson also seems decent, but he has zero chance at winning. I am not much of a Guiliani fan, but of all the repubs, he might be the most electable because he has some middle of the road positions. Romney has flipped flopped more than an IHOP, and the rest of them hardly merit a mention. Thompson is interesting, as he is really selling himself as a Reagan Republician, but I am in wait and see mode on him. I do wish more candidates had waited as long as he did to declare, but what are you going to do.
  17. QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 12:31 AM) I like how so many people only point to the negatives of illegal immigrants, and how they seem to believe that there would be little impact in removing them from our economy. As has been pointed out, many illegals have valid SS numbers. It may not be theirs, but they are employed, and they do, in fact, pay into SS and the other taxes that we all pay. Unfortunately for them, they won't see the benefits when the time comes to draw the money out. For those illegals who work "off the books," how is it any different from the countless Americans who do the same? Or do American citizens honestly report all of their income to the government? I think we all know people who do "side jobs" for cash. Illegals buy goods (cars, gas, clothing, food, etc) here in the US for personal consumption. Remove them, and how do some of these smaller businesses survive. Illegals rent properties (houses and apts). Remove them, and how do landlords survive? Why should US business owners pay the price because the government failed to secure the borders and control the flow of immigration? Also, it's a bit short-sighted to point out that native Spanish speakers place a strain on the education system because we have to hire teachers to teach them How do we know they are illegal? Many illegals have children born here in the US, and according to the laws of our land, these children are US citizens. They have valid birth certificates and social security numbers. Do we deny these legal US citizens their Constitutional rights? Sure illegals in some ways place a strain on the economy, healthcare, and educational systems, but they also create value. I don't think solutions like massive deportation or building a wall are viable options. In fact, if we do build a wall, it's only as effective as the people we entrust with the job of guarding who comes and goes - and it's a little naive to think that guards can't be bought off by coyotes. It happens every day. Not everyone who entered this country illegally did so by wading accross a river or trekking through a desert or underground through sewer lines. Ah yes values. For that kind of value, we should annex and collect their taxes, considering just those three things are about 10% of Mexicos entire annual GDP. Imports from Mexico alone total about $200 billion a year. So in reality we are supply Mexico with 25% of their GDP A YEAR! I think they get a little bit of value from us. To break that number down a little bit, that is every man woman and child in the US supplying almost $1000 worth of economy to Mexico. I really don't want a lecture on what we owe them.
  18. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 08:27 AM) At 4:14am? On the train to work...
  19. QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 07:39 AM) Just to follow up on this situation. Sweeney will play in the Arizona Fall League, which is no surprise. People who were clamoring for him to be recalled, again, there was a reason. He is being given some time off to get healthy and going to the Arizona Fall League will be good for him. Also, Sisco is being given some time off and will play winter ball in Mexico as will Brian Anderson. Are they sending Sisco down there as a starter again?
  20. QUOTE(Reddy @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 07:21 PM) wrong. repealing GWB's tax cuts for the rich puts money right back into the system and that's the money he plans to use for this. Google the multiplier rule of economics and get back to me on that, check out supply and demand.
  21. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 09:55 PM) If last time is any indication...the only thing that's going to matter anyway is who wins Iowa. And at the last block of polls I saw from there...Iowa looked like a complete tossup right now. Depending on the Poll and its likely voter screen you can find all 3 of them either tied or leading by 5 points. He is employing the John Kerry system and pretty much giving up everywhere but Iowa. I am not sure why, because Edwards doesn't need his rich wife to bail out his campaign, so he should be able to put money elsewhere, but he isn't. I guess he is trying to do the old momentum thing, or trying to minimize his spending at this time. The bad thing is that he is even way behind in South Carolina, which is his state of birth. Thankfully it looks like Edwards is dead in the water, because I really believe I would have 4 years of Hillary! versus four years of Edwards.
  22. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 02:55 PM) Huh? TALKING to a hooker in a bar, if sex never comes up, is not illegal and could never be successfully prosecuted. And sex in a car may or may not qualify for lewd acts in public, depending on where the car was, etc. Slippery slope? You seem to just throw everything remotely similar into the lake. There has to be a line somewhere, and Craigs repeated, complex and obvious actions make that clear. Maybe we instead of Texsox, we should call him Minnesotasox... You know, the land of 10,000 Lakes.
  23. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 02:15 PM) I don't think I understand your response to my question. I have no stance on this issue so I'm not sure why you are placing one upon me. That's all right, I kinda figured as much.
  24. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 01:07 PM) This is a question out there for everyone because I really want to know the answer: If all illegal immigrants were shipped off tomorrow how do you think your life or lifestyle will change? I'll tell you what. You start sending me your paycheck to show that YOU are serious about taking care of the rest of the world's poor, and then we can talk. Its easy to be noble when you are expecting someone else to pay for it. Prove to me you practice what you preach, and support my child(ren).
  25. QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 01:07 PM) Actually illegals are receiving those benefits, you've said so before. You have stated, and I have agreed, that it is costing the US a considerable sum in aid to illegals working low income jobs. (Those with forged documents, etc.) The only illegals not receiving aid are the ones working jobs "off the books". Once we put those "on the books" and no matter who works them, it's going to cost us. Perhaps this is when we cut back these programs for the working poor. Actually I don't believe that I have ever said that the illegals are receiveing benefits. I have said they are burdening social services such as hospitals and jails, but I don't think I ever said anything about government benefits. You make it sound like every single illegal is here using someone else's social security card, paying taxes, and receiving social services. This is not the truth. If it were the truth, one in twenty five person's social security numbers in the whole country has been stolen. As I have stated in the past, anyone who is here committing that kind of fraud, should be deported instantly, and not allowed to return or become a citizen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.