Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
The Official [SCRUBS] Thread
QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 07:11 PM) Do we need a new thread of the final season? Naaaaah. We should ask Old MC what to do!
-
Senator Larry Craig convicted of lewd conduct in men's bathroom
Let's just say it was the return of an old friend...
-
Steve Fossett "missing"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6978818.stm
-
DEM Primaries/Candidates thread
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 02:22 PM) Yea, Chinese bidness. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0WD..._16/ai_66471950 Who knew that meant American political influence, and not an actual good?
-
Broadway/Phillips Called up too
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 09:05 AM) If Sweeney is indeed still healing, or if recalling him would somehow screw up his arb clock, then I can understand those reasons. I just didn't see indications that either was the case. Thanks for the info. I really hope I am wrong, and it is an injury that is keeping him from being up here. We don't need more washouts.
-
John Edwards - "Americans should 'sacrifice' SUVs for Env
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 10:13 AM) I don't think that Hillary HAS a message. She's banking on who she is - a woman, who knows how the White House works. She has a message. Its the same message that GWB had before her. The message is that "I can take you back to a different time".
-
Micro Brews
Chimay What can I say, the Monks can brew!
-
John Edwards - "Americans should 'sacrifice' SUVs for Env
QUOTE(Reddy @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 08:24 AM) no see you've got it totally wrong. the difference is the CEO makes 364 times that of HIS employee. HIS employee at Wal-Mart doesn't make enough money to LIVE. THATS where the problem is. CEO's shouldnt have the right to better health care than their employees or any more benefits. Not saying that we should take them away from the CEO's, but they need to be available to ALL EMPLOYEES. Point is, John Edwards doesn't have employees. He doesn't run a major corporation that f***s over the people working for him. He made his money fighting FOR the little guy and now he's got a big house to show for it. Well I say that thats alright. No John Edwards ended the careers of people whose job was to save people's lives! Call me silly, but I'll take some oil company profiteering over some ambulence chaser anyday. And I think you are missing something in the translation here. John Edwards does have employees. He wants to be the guy that everyone in the country is working for, not just a regular old CEO. When you are a public official, everyone is your employee. Everyone is at the mercy of all of your votes and policies. Just because someone elected him, doesn't mean he is immune from the same market forces that I get to hear are evil everyday, in other situations. I guess if Bill Gates stood up and told me that I should not spend so much on technology, that would mean its OK that he made his billions in technology? It doesn't add up to me.
-
Off-Season NHL Thread
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 1, 2007 -> 04:56 PM) The kid is amazing. Stunning. Wow. I am afraid to get excited about anything related to the Hawks, but at the sametime, you almost can't help it.
-
Lets revisit a trade that didn't happen
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 09:50 PM) I wouldn't say "unanimous." You found two opinions, congrats. I guess you missed the "PRETTY MUCH" in my post.
-
John Edwards - "Americans should 'sacrifice' SUVs for Env
QUOTE(Reddy @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 08:24 PM) why should he give up the things that he's EARNED in his life just because he uses MORE energy than the average american? if you had come from nothing, worked hard your whole life, and made millions of dollars wouldn't you spend it too? wouldn't you have a big house? So then why do we get stories like the average CEO makes 364 times what an average employee makes? They have earned it too, and they earned it by more than just suing it away from doctors. Why do we hear about every oil companies record profits each quarter, after all they just made smart business decesions to get there. Why do we hear people complaining about Wal-Mart? They just came up with a better business model than anyone else in retail. I don't want to get fed that it is OK to be rich on one hand, but the next instance it is not. Heck John Edwards himself rallies against these groups to score himself political capital for the election, and he is a part of these groups. Isn't that the very definitions of hypocrasy?
-
Freddy Garcia has surgery
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 09:21 PM) Really? Even if that money that was "freed" up was spent on Crede, Pods, Erstad, and Hall (they were not signed at the time of the Garcia trade,) really? If I sold some magic beans and used the money to buy some rotten tomatoes, I wouldn't be doing backflips over it. Hey if you think pissing $10 million dollars away on a guy who needed shoulder surgery for a year, yet alone getting a couple of arms for him, is a good move, far be it from me to try to change your mind. Kerry Wood and Mark Prior are available this off season, I am guessing I will see them at the top of your "To Do" list?
-
End of the World Scenarios
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 08:59 AM) That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds, snakes, airplanes,and the White Sox farm system. Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
-
Broadway/Phillips Called up too
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 07:38 PM) Love the insight. He's not the best color man in baseball for nothing...
-
Freddy Garcia has surgery
Just not paying Garcia this year makes this trade a win, I don't care who we got in the deal.
-
Clay Buchholz
QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 1, 2007 -> 11:17 PM) Where's our Clay Buchholz? (sorry Flash, had to say it). We had him when his name was Wilson Alvarez.
-
If any other pitcher than Johan Sanata wins Cy Young..
How the hell have they beat him 5 times??? That's like us against Bonderman.
-
Lets revisit a trade that didn't happen
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 10:31 AM) hindsight is 20/20 DING! Pretty much the unanimous word around here was no deal unless Hunter Pence was included. Anything thing else is pretty much playing Monday Morning QB.
-
KW isn't the only GM to to duped....
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 03:09 AM) First, I count 12 wins. Secondly...it's a name everyone knows and recognizes. Finally, Tyler Lumsden was terrible in AAA for the Royals this year, and Daniel Cortes hasn't touched AA yet. I'd also take Sisco - a former KC reliever - over Ross Gload simply because of upside and potential longevity. So really, I'm not sure which reliever you're talking about, as far as the White Sox are concerned. MacDougal was absolutely outstanding for the Sox last year - the reason the move was made - and he's still got the stuff to be an absolute stud of a setup man or even fill-in closer now. And Gload is 31, while Sisco doesn't turn 25 until the turn of the year. I really don't believe the Sox were duped by the Royals in either deal, but perhaps that's just me. Good post. Especially when you consider as bad as KC has been for an extended period of time, and the amount of guys that they have rushed to the majors, many of the guys have not had the level of baseball education that you need to be successful. I could still see guys like Burgos and Sisco being successful if they have someone take the pressure off of them and give them the things they should have been learning slowly in the minors, instead of under the gun at the major league level. The arms are there, and you can't teach that. You can teach mechanics and mentality.
-
Happy Birthday TEX!!
I'd wish Tex a happy birthday, but he would just forget about it anyway.
-
Discussion Thread - NUKE's war diary
So what does it do for the troops when George W Bush shows up in Iraq, or when a lesser politician shows up? Does it annoy you? Does it insprire you? Do you guys even care, or notice that they are there?
-
John Edwards - "Americans should 'sacrifice' SUVs for Env
QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 09:44 PM) Ding. It's an issue of practicality. So what part of "practical" is a $6 million dollar house in a state all of the way accross the country from his "home"? I don't get how John Edwards gets a "Get out of hypocrisy free" card, while everyone enjoys the fall of every Christian who doesn't live up to the dogma that they preach. Why is a two face like John Edwards immune, while everyone laughs when it involves the church? I have been asking this same question over and over and over again, and no one can seem to answer that.
-
Senator Larry Craig convicted of lewd conduct in men's bathroom
I think people were noticing... and complaining, which is why they started putting cops in the bathrooms in the first place.
-
Broadway/Phillips Called up too
QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 1, 2007 -> 11:38 AM) I noticed they are finally giving Phillips a shot at the MLB level. I think this might be just an audition for maybe some team desperate for pitching to take a small chance on him. I think Heath is about at the make or break time. It is getting to be time to see what he can do, or move him along.
-
Rock, What'sa Matter With You? Oh, You're Older?
Happy Birthday